New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elfen Lied

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elfen Lied Empty Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 01:18

For anyone that has watched this, what did you think about it? I personally quite disappointed with it. Everything in the show ranged from mediocre to just awful for me. The contrast between the opening and the actual show is just amazing. I went in expecting a deep and thought provoking story. What I got was a plot that while interesting at times, explained nothing and a lot of the time made very little sense. All it felt like was a means to an end, which was to showcase the immense amount of violence, (underage) nudity, and make the viewer "feel". I was also shocked how bad the animation and sound quality were for being made in 2004. It did raise some interesting points and had a few great scenes, but overall I found it just bad.

2Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 01:44

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Underage nudity? What is this you speak of?

EDIT: Ah, it's an anime. I just watched the trailer on youtube. I don't know what it is about, but the animation in the trailer looked old and rough... like Tranzor Z old and rough.

3Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 01:49

Metalzoic wrote:Underage nudity? What is this you speak of?

EDIT: Ah, it's an anime. I just watched the trailer on youtube. I don't know what it is about, but the animation in the trailer looked old and rough... like Tranzor Z old and rough.

Well the age of consent is 13 in Japan, so technically not underage. I just said underage to define anything under 18.

4Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 02:29

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

It was fun, but I didn't go in expecting something with substance.

I mean, the opening scene is a naked girl mutilating a bunch of people, and then later when she's in retard mode, pees herself. Pretty sure that's all in the first episode.

Spoiler:

5Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 03:03

StormEye

StormEye

I watched it a long time ago, so my memories of it aren't as clear.

From what I remember, the story portrayed in the anime does not really match up with what happened in the comic, and it did not even go through 40% of the total story.

There are 60% more stuff needs to happen to reach the actual conclusion, and the shown 40% have been depicted with alternatives or omission.

All I remember was that it had better artwork than the comic, since the original author SUCKED at drawing. LoL

6Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-08, 17:58

Siren

Siren

I watched it about a year ago and have rewatched it many times. I get what you mean, but the story really was fantastic. I loved it, and
Spoiler:

the whole show was pointing a bad finger at humanity and showing how cruel and awful we are, I don't know. I loved it and thought it was really a great show.
Spoiler:

7Elfen Lied Empty Re: Elfen Lied 2012-11-09, 02:03

I like naked women a whole lot

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum