We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally saw Prometheus

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Finally saw Prometheus Empty Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-01, 07:25

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

pretty cool movie,hope the sequel expands on it though. I've heard talk of it in 2014-15

2Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-01, 08:18

This movie really conflicted me. On one hand it had amazing special effects, cinematography, cgi, and music. On the other it had an awful story, characters, and pacing. I like to think of it as a highly polished piece of shit. It was amazing the kind of theories I read about the lore and backstory to the movie though.

3Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-01, 08:54

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I kinda had a more fun time reading on the backstory of it all and the theories...like...were the xenomorph's worshipped by the Engineers? Or were they truly just weapons like the pilot guy said?

I only have the dvd though,maybe the blu ray explained more on it...

You could tell they had to cut alot of the stuff out of the movie,the story didn't really flow well at all to me and left quite a bit out.

David I thought has an evil side to him,like Skynet haha. It was messed up how he put the black goo in that guy's whiskey.

My fav. scene was probably Shaw getting that surgery

all in all,a decent movie though.I've certainly seen worse over the years lol. When it tried,it had creepy moments to it.

4Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-01, 08:59

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:This movie really conflicted me. On one hand it had amazing special effects, cinematography, cgi, and music. On the other it had an awful story, characters, and pacing. I like to think of it as a highly polished piece of shit. It was amazing the kind of theories I read about the lore and backstory to the movie though.

I'd agree with this. It had it's moments but overall it was pretty meh.

5Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-05, 22:11

sheep

sheep

I thought it was an ok movie, but it didn't make much sense to me as part of the Alien series. The timing seemed really off to me if that was supposed to be the birth of the aliens when they have modern USA being involved in AvP. It made me confused.

Then again, I've never really watched any the Aliens movies, just the ones with Predators in them, cause they're better. Rawr, Predators.

6Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-05, 22:56

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

sheep wrote:I thought it was an ok movie, but it didn't make much sense to me as part of the Alien series. The timing seemed really off to me if that was supposed to be the birth of the aliens when they have modern USA being involved in AvP. It made me confused.

Then again, I've never really watched any the Aliens movies, just the ones with Predators in them, cause they're better. Rawr, Predators.

AVP is not considered Cannon I believe....

also It isnt an alien series in the fact it isnt a direct prequel at all. It its own universe I believe the writers said

7Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-05, 23:03

It is its own universe.

But on topic I thought it was pretty meh as well

8Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-05, 23:12

Duck

Duck

"Alright, we're finally gonna figure out what the hell happened at the beginning of the movie and who this giant white guy is!"
"Heeeeeeeeeere it comes!"
All the characters: "Alright, almost gonna figure everything out!"
Giant White Thing: Kills everything and takes off in space ship
Credits Roll
Me: Finally saw Prometheus 4608-ew

9Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-05, 23:16

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

It didnt take off though...

10Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-06, 00:02

Duck

Duck

he tried

11Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-06, 06:58

Duck wrote:"Alright, we're finally gonna figure out what the hell happened at the beginning of the movie and who this giant white guy is!"
"Heeeeeeeeeere it comes!"
All the characters: "Alright, almost gonna figure everything out!"
Giant White Thing: Kills everything and takes off in space ship
Credits Roll
Me: Finally saw Prometheus 4608-ew

Actually it did tell you, in a roundabout way. The guy in the beginning was drinking the black goop to create life on earth. Reason being is that this goop was suppose to be some physical manifestation of sin. So if you were willing to sacrifice yourself and were not "evil", it would create life. On the other hand if you were a self centered human it would destroy.

12Finally saw Prometheus Empty Re: Finally saw Prometheus 2012-12-06, 12:07

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I guess the other stuff couldn't be canon,since it shows the predators using the aliens as "pets" for their hunts in avp,which to me was an overall crap pg-13 movie lol...

if this is indeed how the aliens were "born",damn they sure do multiply fast Razz

It made sense to me after I did some reading around online about the movie and backstory. Apparently the engineers were doing experiments with the black goo on lifeforms,happened to be the regular worm from the planet,then it ended up going wring.

that sculpture worshiping the aliens on the cross is weird though >__>

I read some really detailed guesses on what the undertone of the movie was,kinda trippy lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum