Artimise Flare
The Adli Corporation
Grey
menacinglemon
Bla125
Frostbyrn
13 posters

Pick one

If you were a teacher... Vote_lcap67%If you were a teacher... Vote_rcap 67% [ 8 ]
If you were a teacher... Vote_lcap33%If you were a teacher... Vote_rcap 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If you were a teacher... Empty If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 02:28

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

And you had to pick between spending time teaching the people succeeding in your class or the ones failing it

Which would you choose?

2If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 02:31

Bla125

Bla125

Depends on who actually wanted to learn.

3If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 02:32

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

People failing...I would force it onto them....like religon...

4If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 02:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

menacinglemon wrote:People failing...I would force it onto them....like religon...

Welcome to the FBI watch list

I mean your not as high up on it as me but Kudos

5If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 03:32

Grey

Grey

The ones failing as the ones that are passing can already prove themselves academically, whereas the ones that fail can and will not.

6If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 05:03

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Bla125 wrote:Depends on who actually wanted to learn.

7If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 05:04

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It is my responsibility to help those who are not grasping what I'm trying to teach them, however, I can only help those who have a desire to be helped.

If a student makes no effort to improve their grade or to seek the appropriate assistance in order to understand the material that is being taught, there is nothing I can do to help them.

There must be some level of self accountability, I am their instructor first not a babysitter nor their guardian.

8If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 11:44

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Of course this depends on a lot of different things. Basically whether of not the one that are failing are trying or not. I believe that with a little effort some of the dumbest kids in america can pass high school.

9If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 11:48

Pariah

Pariah

accidentally marked the wring one on the poll, but i would spend my time teaching the ones who are actually succeeding and interested.

It's a waste of my time to teach the ones who don't care, whereas the ones who do and are applying themselves to learn the subject matter are definitely worth it.

Also, I just transcribed my AP Comp Sci teacher's response to the question.

10If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 11:58

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Also the ones succeeding want to learn and would be able to do and prepare for the course on their own...not succeeding people need help to be push and maybe quick tips and tricks to better learning.

11If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 12:13

chunckylover53

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Bla125 wrote:Depends on who actually wanted to learn.

12If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 13:24

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Where are we teaching and what are we teaching? I'm sure we can see where I'm going with this...

13If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 13:29

Chewy

Chewy

If they were gradeschool kids, I would just have everyone go on a field trip to the zoo.

At any higher level I would just tell them to use Google to learn and then go home, get high and eat funyuns.

14If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 14:05

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

This question is extremely subjective IMO, as others have said already it depends on if the student in question is failing because they don't understand or are failing because they don't care.

Remember there are students out there that are afraid of asking questions due to bad experiences in the past (Teachers that put down their students by saying its in the book or say why weren't they listening when they explained it the first time)

Personal image is very important to children especially in the 6th-12th grade levels.

So, in the end I can extend my hand out to help a child whom is struggling, but its up to them to grab it.

I actually am contemplating on becoming an instructor for my field in the Air Force, I may even go to school to get a second degree in teaching if all goes well for me. If I manage to stay in for 20 years I may take up education as a second career since our school system is badly in need of quality teachers (I'm not saying Ill be a great instructor but I'd like to think that I can provide a better teaching enviroment and quality instruction than what I grew up with)

15If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 14:52

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I had alot of bad/lazy teachers who always were rude and snidely just said "it's in the book" or alot of the time wouldn't even teach the class,they just said read the book on your own and answer the little questions at the end. I could of done that on my own....meanwhile,the teacher is sitting at the desk just on their computer all class period

16If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 15:07

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The sad truth is, many schools just can't seem to keep the good teachers due to the lack of sufficient pay. A single teacher with no dependents may be able to scrape by a living on the current teachers salary, but if you're married with a child or two things start to get rough, especially in states like AZ.

The good instructors leave for more stable and better paying jobs, while the crap ones stay and further degrade the quality of our failing education system. So little emphasis is placed on quality education in this country that its absolutely appealing. Part of me is torn here, one half wants to go back and give back to the students of tomorrow hoping to have made a difference in shaping our countries future, at the same time I know I'll e living a tough life due to how pitifully we pay out teachers. So much emphasis is placed on sports and stuff like that in our schools instead of providing well thought out and functional curriculums that will spur the youth of the future to suceed, compound that with crappy parenting these days and our countries future is looking bleaker by the minute.

17If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 17:28

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Artimise Flare wrote:
So little emphasis is placed on quality education in this country that its absolutely appealing.

You mean Appalling

What do they teach you Americans in school? Very Happy

also when I typed the question I was thinking Midway through high school

18If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 17:45

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

in our area, teachers are more likely to be hired if theyre right out of college, instead of based on experience.

BA vs years of experiece/Masters is about a 10k difference in pay.

19If you were a teacher... Empty Re: If you were a teacher... 2013-01-28, 17:51

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Stupid phone and its autocorrect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum