lol

3Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 12:47

Hey look whos number two though!

Rivalry is shaping up to be great again

4Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 13:03

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I sure hope so.

I'm just glad not to see SEC schools dominating the recruiting. I'm so fucking sick of SEC dominance

5Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 13:19

Look at the last two years. Michigan has back to back top 5 classes now. They are restocking like they used to be. You guys will be back.

6Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 19:18

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Bama finishing strong with 2 afternoon commits (still in play for Eddie Vanderdoes, but I kinda doubt we get him), that moves us into 1st on ESPN, Rivals, 247sports and Maxpreps! 3rd in Scout, but honestly the top 5 in any recruiting site are very, very close together in rankings.

Couple of interesting stats:
Alabama's 2013 No. 1 recruiting class with the highest point total in the history of the Rivals Team Rankings(per Andrew Bone, Rivals/Bama reporter).

In 2012, Alabama's four new running back signees rushed 1126 times for 9,205 yards (8.3 YPR) and 113 touchdowns(per Cecil hurt, Bama reporter).

7Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 19:29

I personally like Scout the best, and usually go by their rankings.

Seems if you go by the 247 composite Bama and tOSU have the clear two best classes in the nation this year.

Both teams are absolutely loaded, and we would be kidding ourselves if we don't see a very likely NC matchup very soon.

Also on Scout we got the highest star rating by a class with 25 recruits

Look back at the last two years.....Bama, tOSU, Michigan, Florida. Those 4 teams will be loaded. Although Im not sold on Michigan yet. They still need a shit load of help at the skill positions.

8Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 19:34

Also some things Ive noticed from around the country

- Nobody in the Big Ten besides tOSU and Michigan( maybe Nebraska ) is recruiting worth a shit. The sub par conference is about to get even more top heavy I do think. Oh well. Fuck the B1G.

- Texas Am has a huge class. Something like 9 are early enrolles

- Muschamp might be a hot head but he can recruit

- Notre Dame rebounds from humiliation to pull in a very nice class

- UCLA - about damn time I say

Ole Miss- Uhhhh yea....Im just gonna stay shut on this one

Other than that the clear leader of the past 3-4 recruiting cycles are Alabama and Ohio State. In that order. Should be some showdowns between Saban and Meyer very soon.

9Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 19:44

Also you following this Johhny Townsend drama?

10Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:00

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

I've always been kinda partial to 24/7(if I'm not mistaken the founder of Rivals sold them to Yahoo and then started 24/7). I don't see how Scout(and Rivals) has Derrick Henry as being only a 4 star when he holds the national all-time high school career rushing record(a record that stood for 60 years)...granted a lot of people are thinking he is too big for a rb since he is 6'3" and 245 lbs, but I thinks his stats speak for themself.

Year/Att/Yds/Avg/TD
2012/462/4,261/9.2/55
2011/309/2,567/8.3/34
2010/303/2,689/8.9/38

Agree with ya about Bama and tOSU being the clear leaders in recruiting the past few years, if Florida could get a QB that was more consistent I would put them a close 3rd. Ole Miss is surprising as hell...something seems fishy to me with them.

Heard a little on the Johnny Townsend stuff, but not much...just that he is considering switching to Bama, something about possible no scholarship available for him at tOSU or something to that effect.

11Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:02

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Also I will say Auburn did a good job addressing major needs with their defensive linemen they signed.

12Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:03

Zillah

Zillah

i have a friend who just got signed to the University of Missouri as a defensive lineman. Charles Harris, remember the name...

13Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:08

I have no ill will towards Bama, and I love seeing the blue bloods dominate.

We recruited very well with Cooper and Tressel ( since they started tracking it ) but this Urban Meyer guy is unlike anything Ive seen in Columbus. Just a redic recruiter.

Him and Saban are clearly on another level from everybody else.

Ole Miss....yea something is going on there. That basically what I was alluding too in my post haha.

I just cant wait to get a shot at you guys. Theres no way we would have beaten you this year, but I like our chances going forward as soon as this year. You guys are the champions, clearly, but if there is anybody that can unseat the GIANT Bama has become I do think its my guys.

Going to be very intersting to see how these 50 kids develop that both have taken in the past two years.

Its looking scary for 2014 as well. tOSU and Bama are both already leading for many elite players.

14Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:08

Zillah wrote:i have a friend who just got signed to the University of Missouri as a defensive lineman. Charles Harris, remember the name...

My Buckeyes snagged possibly the best player in the hisotry of your state from John Burroughs.

15Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:12

chunckylover53

Holy shit i knew this guy in HS, i knew he went to Florida.

Apparently he'll be in the NFL next season..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737102

Last edited by chunckylover53 on 2013-02-06, 20:13; edited 1 time in total

16Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:12

Floyd is a beast

17Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:13

chunckylover53

Sym wrote:Floyd is a beast

Definitely.. I had weight training class with the guy i've seen him lift about 300..

18Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:17

300 is nothing

This guy is probably putting up over 450 nowadays. Maybe more.

19Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:18

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Same here, I love seeing the historically great teams do well. Although I do wish we could play Texas and Notre Dame a few more times...they are 2 of the few teams that hold a winning record over Bama and I want to get those even.

20Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:21

chunckylover53

Sym wrote:300 is nothing

This guy is probably putting up over 450 nowadays. Maybe more.

Damn really? But it'll just be funny seeing him in the NFL "hey i know that guy"

21Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:22

Yea I can put up over 320 and Im just a causal lifter these days.

Those big guys are crazy strong

22Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:35

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I my heyday I used to lift 285. SO I'm sure most of those guys can push 400 or so.

23Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 20:42

Some push 500

24Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 21:24

Bama Psycho wrote:Same here, I love seeing the historically great teams do well. Although I do wish we could play Texas and Notre Dame a few more times...they are 2 of the few teams that hold a winning record over Bama and I want to get those even.

Screw the flavor of the month teams like Oregon haha

25Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 21:26

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Jesse Williams(former Bama DT) reportedly benched 600 before this past season started.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/tide_dl_jesse_williams_stirs_u.html

26Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 21:30

Bama Psycho wrote:Jesse Williams(former Bama DT) reportedly benched 600 before this past season started.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/tide_dl_jesse_williams_stirs_u.html

Yea we got one on our current team right now who would challenge the combine bench record in John Simon. But he tore his pectoral so he wont bench at the combine. True shame.

27Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 22:08

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

FYI, Vanderdoes committed to Notre Dame so that could leave a scholly open for Johnny Townsend...don't know if he had a conditional offer from Bama like that or not.

I do know that Bama already has 2 preferred walk-ons coming in this season... QB Luke Del Rio(former NFL coach Jack Del Rio's son) who decommitted from Oklahoma State and passed on a scholly at Oregon state to walk-on and DB Jai Miller, a former MLB player(mostly bounced around to a few minor league teams) that decided to quit baseball and go back to play college football(apparently he is already enrolled).

28Today is NSD Empty Re: Today is NSD 2013-02-06, 22:23

Bama Psycho wrote:FYI, Vanderdoes committed to Notre Dame so that could leave a scholly open for Johnny Townsend...don't know if he had a conditional offer from Bama like that or not.

I do know that Bama already has 2 preferred walk-ons coming in this season... QB Luke Del Rio(former NFL coach Jack Del Rio's son) who decommitted from Oklahoma State and passed on a scholly at Oregon state to walk-on and DB Jai Miller, a former MLB player(mostly bounced around to a few minor league teams) that decided to quit baseball and go back to play college football(apparently he is already enrolled).

We have a couple preferred walk ons already as well

But this Townsend thing is bizarre.

Seems like Urban wasnt expecting every single recruit we wanted the past two weeks to end up joining in....

Seems he doesnt have a full ride at tOSU until spring, when we will have inevitable transfers. From our insiders though it sounds like he will still be a Buckeye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum