the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

350 pound running back from Hawaii

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/david-fangupo-348-pound-highlights-hawaii_n_2671135.html

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Saw video of this already. I wouldn't want to be in his way.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

ahh the video is down Sad

Still the idea of a 350 lbs RB who has good feet is scary. Jerome Bettis is the best example of how nimble a big guy can be. because when your that big speed might not be enough since its gonna be near impossible to get through some holes in the line at that size, you gotta have dancers feet.

Yea his video was pretty impressive. Wont be a RB in college though....

Pariah

Pariah

wow...I don't know much about football, but this guy is interesting. I'd love to know how he trained himself to be nimble. At 350 lbs, that's a lot of inertia, I imagine that changing direction or vector off of a dead run would be really hard on the muscles of his legs.

Yea cutting has gotta be hell on his joints

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Yea cutting has gotta be hell on his joints
I had to look up a video to find out wat cutting is, but yeah, that's what I was thinking. My biggest question is does he face a greater risk of injury? I image that inertial shifting between directions will be very hard on his ankles and knees, would that make him more susceptible to injury?

M

Doubt he would do much cutting. More of a power back.

ZOMBEE wrote:Doubt he would do much cutting. More of a power back.

Nope

Dude cuts like Jerome Bettis did. The video is very impressive for how big he is.

Hes gonna make a good D tackle at the next level. His feet are amazingly quick.

Pariah wrote:
Sym wrote:Yea cutting has gotta be hell on his joints
I had to look up a video to find out wat cutting is, but yeah, that's what I was thinking. My biggest question is does he face a greater risk of injury? I image that inertial shifting between directions will be very hard on his ankles and knees, would that make him more susceptible to injury?

Yes I think so

Two things will prevent him from playing RB at the next level

- Hes just no fast enough as college players can tackle 350, HS kids cannot.

- Injuries will happen if he plays RB. People will be constantly going for his legs, as well as what you said. Over time the body just wouldn't be able to handle that amount of stress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum