New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So i need a laptop for school..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chunckylover53

So i'am taking a stat class that i need to have MS excel 13' to do some of the work and i can't really do much with my current PC as it's ancient so to make a long story short..

I just need a laptop that can run  excel 13 and some internet browsing, i assume i can pick up just about anything for that but.. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend more than i have to.

RStudios

Yeah just about anything in a store will run it. Damn I bet even my PC could run it, well unless its got that stupid shit that doesnt work on XP in the new ones Very Happy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

if all you truly need it for is word,then yeah anything in the store would be decent at that lol.

chunckylover53

RStudios wrote:Yeah just about anything in a store will run it. Damn I bet even my PC could run it, well unless its got that stupid shit that doesnt work on XP in the new ones Very Happy
Needs windows 7/8

chunckylover53

For some reason if i try to link something it won't let me.. So for $400 from bestbuy

•HP Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - AMD Elite Quad-Core A8-5550M -4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive

Should i just go with that?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Almost anything will run MS office suite...If that's all you need it for just get the cheapest thing you can.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

that's the exact one I've been thinking of getting for gaming at 720p,so,it'll do office stuff MORE than fine, it's a quad core APU with pretty good built in graphics for a laptop. You could game on it,although on low.

chunckylover53

I think i'll just grab it, i just want something that won't fall apart on me.

chunckylover53

Actually found something i like better off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-2438-Celeron-Processor/dp/B00CU2K35I/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1380075634&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+laptop

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn, I was gonna suggest the asus k55n which was like 350-375 and had that quad core apu in it,but on amazon the thing jumped up to 450 or so...guess I'll wait till black friday for a decent one on sale.

idk can anybody chime in on the celeron in laptops? >_>. should be fine,but wouldn't do gaming at all.maybe farmville on fb lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

chunckylover53 wrote:Actually found something i like better off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-2438-Celeron-Processor/dp/B00CU2K35I/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1380075634&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+laptop
Acer make pretty decent laptops. Do it.

chunckylover53

Typing this from it now, got it in the mail and set everything up on it rather quickly, it's a lot faster than my ancient desktop.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Can you watch Youtube Vids yet?

chunckylover53

Frostbyrn wrote:Can you watch Youtube Vids yet?
Yes!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Cool try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxYXuC1bPMk

chunckylover53

Unexpected I like it.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm hoping on black friday an i7 laptop comes on sale decently cheap,I've seen some for like 475, but I'd like at least a haswell one for the decent built in graphics.

I found out you can actually game at about 30fps in bf3 on the intel 4000, just put the game in "windowed" mode. I always heard windowed mode actually made performance suffer,but many online and I've seen on youtube it makes the game pretty smooth and it looks at least as good as it did on xbox,which is fine with me,I'm not too picky,I grew up on snes,n64,ps1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum