63-14

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

163-14 Empty 63-14 2013-10-28, 12:35

Ohio State handed Penn State the worst loss in 114 years Shocked 

Be scared Terry. Be very scared.

263-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 12:37

chunckylover53

That was brutal, i seen a good amount of it.

363-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 12:40

Yea it was a thorough ass kicking

Poor Penn State

Even with sanctions they got some good players, but they just dont have the talent to hand with Ohio State right now.

The top 4 in the BCS are so far and away the top teams in the nation its not even funny this year. We need a playoff NOW.

Bama, Oregon, Ohio State and Florida State are all nasty

463-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 13:00

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I'm not even going to watch the game I don't think. We are terrible this year. If I had to guess I would say that OSU will win that game by 4 touchdowns.

563-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 13:02

Michigan has MSU this week. That should be interesting....

663-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 13:07

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I think we will lose this game. MSU plays a lot tougher than we do. If they let us score some points we have a chance, but if it becomes about defense they will have us beat.

763-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-28, 13:09

Yea MSU has a very good defense

In order for UM to win, Gardner will have to play turnover free.

863-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 13:41

Zillah

Zillah

Sym wrote:Yea it was a thorough ass kicking

Poor Penn State

Even with sanctions they got some good players, but they just dont have the talent to hand with Ohio State right now.

The top 4 in the BCS are so far and away the top teams in the nation its not even funny this year. We need a playoff NOW.

Bama, Oregon, Ohio State and Florida State are all nasty
Mizzou should be up there too.... Crying or Very sad 

963-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 13:45

There is a clear drop off between those top 4 teams and everybody else imo

Mizzou has a solid team, dont get me wring, but they arent National Championship caliber this year.

1063-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 13:48

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah I they got lucky in some of those SEC matchups. But I was at the game this weekend and that was definitely the most depressing football game I have ever seen. Still upset about it

1163-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 13:53

Yea rough loss

At least you didnt get beat by 49 like Penn State

1263-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 13:59

Zillah

Zillah

True....I would like to see OSU play some top ranked, out of conference teams. I know you dont like hearing this but their schedule isnt the toughest, at least compared to most other top ranked teams.

1363-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 15:12

Its a one year aberration and the sports media acts like its every year.

Its bullshit, and yea I do get tired of hearing it lmao.

Lets see in the last decade we have scheduled Texas, USC, Oregon, Va Tech, CAL (when they were good with Rodgers ) Miami and Washington. Thats wayyyyy better OOC than most teams have played. This year we got fucked because Vanderbilt backed out on us(forcing us to play FAMU ) and CAL went into the dumspter. Not our fault all that happened. Not to mention we cant help that the rest of our conference forgot how to play football.

Fact is we have won 20 in a row ( most in the nation ) and have not lost since Urban became our coach. People can bash this years schedule if they like, but its short sighted to do so for the reasons Ive mentioned above.

Not to mention our schedule is practically the same as FSU, Bama and Oregon. Bama has a two game schedule this year, A&M and LSU. Oregon has a two game schedule this year, UCLA(passed) and Stanford. FSU has a two game schedule as well with Clemson and Miami being it. Nobody likes to look at that, but nope its easier to bash tOSU. As the national media loves to do so much. Facts are facts.

20 game win streak
Most BCS bowl wins
Most BCS bowl appearances

Anybody who says that tOSU is NOT an elite team is hardly worth paying attention to imho. Looking at it objectively, its pretty obvious.

1463-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 20:36

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Who cares who you have played in years past?

This year you played Cal, Florida A@M, Buffalo and SD state. A combined 12-19 (6 of those wins belong to Buffalo)

So other than Buffalo you didn't play anyone non conference. And at the end of the year your best win will arguably be against Mich. Which doesn't stack up well with a lot of other title contenders since Mich would be a bottom conference team in the SEC.

Granted Mich didn't play anyone non conference either. But we didn't have national title hopes. Its not fair but in the Big 10 you need to have a good non conference win or two to really bolster your schedule since you won't find many of those wins in conference play.

its too bad too, because I would be interested to see how well OSU stacks up against bama and co. I think they are right up there with them in terms of talent, and i think they could contend with any team in the country right now.

1563-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 21:05

Im just saying

People who are bashing our schedule this season are not looking at the big picture

Not at all, its super shortsighted

Look at Bama's non conference schedule this year. They play two fcs teams. TWO

And again look at our non conference schedule this year.

Buffalo- 6-2
SDSU- they suck
CAL - was VERY good when this game was scheduled. Not our fault they didnt hold up their end of the bargain
FAMU- Again I already said....this was a shove in game after Vanderbilt cancelled on us last season.

Traditionally Ohio State plays a very tough OOC schedule, year in and year out. The outlier has been recently, and as stated alot of that has to do with CAL imploding, and Vandy being pussies.

You wont see me saying tOSU has a good schedule this year, they dont. But MY POINT IS SIMPLE. Compared to the other top 4 teams ( Bama, ORegon, FSU ) the schedules are virtually identical OOC across the board. The Bucks are getting unnecessarily hammered for it. The only legit claim is that the B1G sucks, which lets be honest, it kinda does. Ohio State is the only team in the B1G that is a national program, and the rest of these clowns aren't carrying their weight. Also poor conferences didnt stop Miami and USC from having dynasties in the last 20 years.

1663-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-29, 21:12

Also yea I agree Ohio State has the talent to play with any time in the nation

Dont listen to the talking heads on ESPN that say we dont have the talent to compete. Thats laughable at best. Anybody who follows recruiting knows Ohio State is as loaded as anybody, and probably more so than everybody BUT Alabama.

Alabama has talent firggin stockpiled right now. But so do we. Oregon is talented, but not on the same level. They dont have the depth on the lines, especially the D line that Bama and Ohio State do. FSU is as loaded as anybody too.

1763-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-30, 13:54

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The only difference between OSU and all the other schools who you mentioned was they had tough conference schedules. Its not OSU's fault that the big ten sucks but the fact remains it does. Oregon and Bama play several top 25 (sometimes top 10) teams in their conference, whereas at the end of the year you will have maybe 2 teams in the top 25 on your schedule, and that is if your lucky.

1863-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-30, 16:05

Oregon and FSU have tough conference schedules?

lmao

Oregon plays UCLA ( massively over rated this year btw ) and Stanford(legit). Thats it.
Maybe Oregon State(not even ranked ) ( Washington is meh too )
Look at FSU's schedule....even worse. Miami(meh) and Clemson. ( perpetually over rated )

Yea that's significantly better than Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan. Rolling Eyes ( hell even NW was good before we ripped their hearts out and Mack and Colter got hurt ) I will concede that the Big Ten sucks unfortunately, but looking at it objectively the other top teams have meh schedules too. Not exactly murderers row there you know?

Even Bama's schedule is questionable this year. The SEC is down this season, and they play 2 legit teams( A&M and LSU) Not sold on Auburn and Ole Miss is a fraud. None of the powerhouses plays a super tough schedule this year. Thats a fact. We just need the playoff here already as the BCS is a clusterfuck. One more season and our prayers will be answered.

When you look at it objectively they difference is small. The B1G being down is what is really killing tOSU this year. Nation image is at an all time low for the conference and this has influenced voters.

1963-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-30, 16:10

Also FTR Terry I LOVE CFB debate

If only Mills came back and Bama posted more we could have full fledged conversations lmao

Also, how do you feel about MSU this weekend?

Im thinking Michigan wins a close low scoring game if Garnder stops turning the ball over.

2063-14 Empty Re: 63-14 2013-10-30, 16:41

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I would take my chances with UCLA, Washington, Ore St., Auburn, Miami, and Clemson over the bulk of the big 10 honestly.

This weekend has me concerned. We really don't want a defensive slugfest, because MSU is going to win that kind of game. If we can get up around 28 points we have a great shot at winning it. Otherwise all bets are off. I've been having a tough time watching Mich this year. We just make so many bad plays that just make me cringe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum