the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on a new TV?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recommendations on a new TV? Empty Recommendations on a new TV? 2013-11-04, 12:24

chunckylover53

So i need a new TV for next gen as my current TV only supports 720p and it's pretty old i'd say about 5 years old and has a few dead pixels.

I am hearing a lot of different things but my current TV is 32' and i sit a little under 4 feet away from it, it's 720p plasma 60hrz. I was looking at this :http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M401i-A3-40-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00CI3BP06/ref=sr_1_6?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1383580315&sr=1-6#productDetails

$378 but $348 for me because i am a prime member. So i am honestly a little confused on it all, if anyone could give me any kind of advice that'd help. I am hearing a 32 ' can't display 1080 properly and that 120hrz isn't something you should get for gaming but i honestly have no idea at all, i plan to research it some more but off to work in a bit.

Ante

Ante

Console gaming won't benefit from 120hz since you're lucky to get a game that runs at 60fps. On top of that, TV shows and movies are recorded at a whopping 24 fps so even less reason to go that high on the refresh rate. Also I don't know who told you a 32" TV couldn't display 1080p properly because that's horse shit.

When looking for a good gaming TV the most important thing to look for is a low response time (2-3ms delay.) Do not go any higher than 3. Other good things to look for are that it's IPS (in-plane switching panel. lead to better response times and viewing angles) and LED.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I absolutely cannot STAND watching 60fps shows/movies, none the less 120fps...I've tried in the stores, and it makes me sick lol. It looks "fake"

here's one I was looking at. Mines 5 years old,a cheap ass polaroid 1440x900 (weird resolution) hdtv I got back in 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32EH5300-32-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B0074FGNJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383584941&sr=1-1&keywords=samsung+1080p+60hz+led+hdtv+black

RStudios

TV's are a con, PC monitors beat the shit outta them anyway.

Reminds me of this...

Recommendations on a new TV? Hdtvxkcd

TV's have their purpose and place

chunckylover53

JrTapia1991 wrote:I absolutely cannot STAND watching 60fps shows/movies, none the less 120fps...I've tried in the stores, and it makes me sick lol. It looks "fake"

here's one I was looking at. Mines 5 years old,a cheap ass polaroid 1440x900 (weird resolution) hdtv I got back in 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32EH5300-32-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B0074FGNJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383584941&sr=1-1&keywords=samsung+1080p+60hz+led+hdtv+black
Yeah i was actually looking at that one too, might be what i'll do.

chunckylover53

So i am kinda considering a monitor, i mean 27' is pretty big and the price seems pretty fair the input lag and response time is great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B17C5KO/?tag=dislag-20

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

If you go smaller than what you are already used to you will regret it. Unless that monitor comes in a 32" or bigger I'd pass on it.

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:If you go smaller than what you are already used to you will regret it. Unless that monitor comes in a 32" or bigger I'd pass on it.
I was kinda thinking that. I'll grab the Samsung i think that's my best bet. Though i think i'll just wait for black friday/cyber monday just to be safe.

For a TV 27 is kinda small

For a monitor its rather large

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

The thing that stopped me getting a 32inch hdtv 1080p is I'm not sure if my glass table could hold it. It's tempered glass which supposedly can hold 100 pounds, but idk lol

chunckylover53

So i have the Samsung, (will be getting my PS4 on monday.) It's nice, the sound feels pretty weak but i am coming from a pretty big plasma so i'd imagine it had bigger speakers in it. The picture is nice but.. Different i am sure it's better overall but it's taking some gettting use to from the switch to plasma to LED.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

chunckylover53 wrote:So i have the Samsung, (will be getting my PS4 on monday.) It's nice, the sound feels pretty weak but i am coming from a pretty big plasma so i'd imagine it had bigger speakers in it. The picture is nice but.. Different i am sure it's better overall but it's taking some gettting use to from the switch to plasma to LED.
I'm confused. Are you saying that you are using TV speakers? For actual sound?

Anything on Gods green earth would be better than using TV speakers. You could probably go find a 40 year old stereo system at Goodwill for $5 that would sound worlds better than that. You could probably find some PC speakers in a dumpster somewhere that would be better.

I'm actually shocked. Why would you do that to yourself?

chunckylover53

Yeah i am.. I actually never invested, i really liked the sound on my other TV.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

The sound on mine seems decent but I'll play using a turtle beach all the time anyway for better sound. ~$500 for a surround sound system including receiver with HDMI is kinda a turnoff....I don't need good sound THAT bad lol. I was surprised how loud the speakers were to begin with

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum