Epyk MD
The Adli Corporation
Keyser Söze
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fucking earthquakes Empty Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 07:37

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

This is what's been going on here the last three days.

The whole island is on high alert. Emergency standby and all that jazz...
http://earthquake-report.com/2014/01/26/strong-earthquake-greece-on-january-26-2014/

http://www.euronews.com/2014/01/26/greece-strong-earthquake-hits-kefalonia-island/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10601206/Earthquake-hits-Kefalonia.html

I kid not when I say that there have been around 200 after shock since Sunday afternoon. It's fucking crazy...

Anyway, used the web for 5 minutes and now it's time to bail, before there's another 6 on the Richter scale and I need to be dug out from the rubble.

Wish me safe, motherfuckers...

2Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 08:52

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

stay safe, don't go fucking any earthquakes there's no need to be a hero.

3Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 11:21

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I was gonna make a your mom tripped joke. But it didn't seem appropriate.

Try not to die.

4Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 11:22

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Stay safe motherfucker.

5Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 11:37

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn dude be careful Razz

I'd just sit outside incase the house would collapse 0_o

6Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 13:07

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I have to wonder what I'd do if an earthquake occurred here. I've never experienced one.

Good luck Greg... how come you haven't moved out of Greece yet?

7Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 13:11

Duck

Duck

greg lives on an island?

8Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 13:29

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pretty crazy shit. Stay safe bro!

9Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-30, 15:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ars Diaboli wrote:I have to wonder what I'd do if an earthquake occurred here. I've never experienced one.

If you have ever had a really big truck drive past and make your house shake its kind of like that but more intense

10Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-31, 07:40

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

JrTapia1991 wrote:damn dude be careful Razz

I'd just sit outside incase the house would collapse 0_o

My house is actually fine. Besides having an interior that looks I was vandalized, no structural damage is apparent. Old house with nice fat stone walls that was built some time shortly after the quakes of 1953 that brought down most the buildings on the island killing hundreds.

Because of this (and another series of good quakes in 1983) the building regulations on this island are very strict. In fact, there's a lot of speculation from engineers and seismologists that had the island not had a history of earthquakes reaching 7 on the Richter scale (and because of that stricter building policies), there would have been fatalities and possibly hundreds of collapsed buildings.

As for staying outside, I'm actually staying on campus at the student squat with friends. Campus here being one of the safest buildings on the island. We're talking about a building with nearly 1 metre wide exterior and interior walls, built like a fucking castle. So no worries about being crushed to death, but rather just a waiting game for the ground to stop shaking.

We even got an xbox hooked up on a 30+ inch TV, to kill the time.

11Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-31, 07:45

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ars Diaboli wrote:I have to wonder what I'd do if an earthquake occurred here. I've never experienced one.

Quakes are kind of fun, when they're small. Just a little rock 'n' roll. But the big ones are fucking scary. The non-stop aftershocks are also at times very unnerving.

I haven't left Greece, because economic, political and geological issues asides, it really is a nice place to live.

Duck wrote:greg lives on an island?

Yep, in the middle of the sea.

12Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-31, 08:00

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

http://www.kathimerini.gr/750933/gallery/multimedia/fwtografia/kefalonia-o-seismos-se-eikones

^pictures

Nice tidbit about the quake of '53 here:
http://www.euronews.com/2014/01/27/greece-the-day-aftermath-the-big-strong-earthquake-kefalonia-island-cephalonia/

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2014/01/28/kefalonia-earthquake-locals-fear-1953-catastrophe-may-happen-again/
Meanwhile, Mr. Lekkas warned the Island’s residents that the forthcoming weeks and months will be a tough period for them as a barrage of aftershocks with an average magnitude above 4 is expected.

Crazy...

13Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-01-31, 11:21

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Damn.

14Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-02, 07:12

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Now, the peninsula part of the island that I live on has no road out to the rest of the island, no ferry boat to cross the bay to the island capital on account of bad weather, we're been told that water is not safe for anything (no shower, no dishes, no cooking) because both water and sewage pipes have broken and the former is not tainted in some areas.

A week later and we still have quakes, yesterday even having the strongest aftershocks yet.

In the nine years I've lived on this island, I've seen floods, two weeks black outs in the middle of winter, huge fucking storms, meteors flying over head at night lighting up the sky like it's mid day and quakes.
At least it's an interesting place top live.

Anyway, back to campus to obliterate my friends at 4 player Trials Evolution.
It's like taking candy from babies...

15Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-02, 12:26

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Have fun. Sounds strangely awesome. Like a disaster vacation!

16Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-24, 14:34

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

It really only sounds that way...

17Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-24, 16:55

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Good to see you're still alive man.

18Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-24, 18:30

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Good to still be alive.

19Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-24, 18:53

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

How can we be sure you are actually alive?

I want a photo taken with todays paper with the date visible! Very Happy

20Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-24, 19:36

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Keyser Söze wrote:Good to still be alive.

Is shit still crazy over there?

21Fucking earthquakes Empty Re: Fucking earthquakes 2014-02-25, 05:09

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Not really, from what I can tell. I just got back yesterday after over two weeks, but a couple of minor aftershocks a day are still the norm. Not to mention that this place is kind of like a ghost town at the moment. A lot of people are still afraid of a another big quake (sleeping in tents or cars), although all the scientists seem to be positive that the main event is over. Still the fear created by people talking about quakes of a 7 on the Richter scale is a bit unnerving, even though no one can actually tell the source of this information...

It's kind of surreal and to an extent the second big quake a week after the first was kind of traumatic.

Anyway, I got shit to do, I'll provide links later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum