+2
Kenshiro
Frostbyrn
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fucking Zillah Empty Fucking Zillah 2014-02-14, 23:20

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/14/google_will_upgrade_fiber_network_to_give_10gbps_home_broadband/

2Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-14, 23:54

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Oh my Jesus, oh my damn.

3Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 02:07

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

mother of fuckin god........ I'm jelly

4Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 03:28

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Your jelly?

The top speed I can get here in this country is 30Mbps down

Im pretty sure even Tapias Ghetto Texas net is better than that

5Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 03:33

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

top I can get is in like 8 cities (talking canada) that I know of.... its like 250Mbps down and 250 Mbps up but it costs 150 - 250 $..... sooo

6Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 03:45

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Great now I cant stop Imagining Ghetto Internet as a line of Black Women yelling 0's and 1's at each other Very Happy

Which would still be faster than NZ internet Very Happy

7Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 04:55

Tom

Basically nothing could use this though. Most consumer ethernet ports only go up to 1 Gigabit. Also 10gigabit internet would be faster then pretty much all hard drives and ssds can write at the moment. It honestly seems like a gigantic waste of money to push to this out when maybe 0.01% could even use it (that is of course assuming that download services like would even be able to saturate the line).

8Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-15, 05:24

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Tom wrote:Basically nothing could use this though. Most consumer ethernet ports only go up to 1 Gigabit. Also 10gigabit internet would be faster then pretty much all hard drives and ssds can write at the moment. It honestly seems like a gigantic waste of money to push to this out when maybe 0.01% could even use it (that is of course assuming that download services like would even be able to saturate the line).

I like to think they are doing it to motivate the tech industry to keep up with them

9Fucking Zillah Empty Re: Fucking Zillah 2014-02-17, 23:33

Zillah

Zillah

Frostbyrn wrote:
Tom wrote:Basically nothing could use this though. Most consumer ethernet ports only go up to 1 Gigabit. Also 10gigabit internet would be faster then pretty much all hard drives and ssds can write at the moment. It honestly seems like a gigantic waste of money to push to this out when maybe 0.01% could even use it (that is of course assuming that download services like would even be able to saturate the line).

I like to think they are doing it to motivate the tech industry to keep up with them

Shocked 

I think this too. My computer already can't take full advantage of 1 gbps, but in 10 years I can easily see 10 gbps being fairly normal. You have to build the infrastructure before computers can make use of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum