Ante
JrTapia1991
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/24/thief-review

no wonder it's already 24bucks for steam key on various sites >_>. I had a feeling it would be, although I didn't expect all of those things. I expected the combat with guards would ruin it compared to the older ones....guess I'll get it for 5 bucks on sale in the coming months, but for brand new price of 60?Hell no.

Polygon – 6/10
GameSpot – 6/10
IGN – 6.8/10
OXM – 7/10
OPM – 7/10
Rock, Paper, Shotgun – No Score
CVG – 8/10
Joystiq – 4/5
GameTrailers – 7.5/10

Ante

Ante

I've always loved how a 6/10 in the gaming world is actually a 1/10 in reality.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ack all the Yogscast did videos on it

Ante

Ante

Maybe they got paid off like in the Robocop video.  Razz 

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

New Thief game "a woeful disappointment" ODeMaHP

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

apparently the story is shit but the levels themselves are fun.

i dunno. ill stick with the first 3.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'll just leave this here.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Gaming media is shit so I would never trust any source. Maybe Joystiq since they seem to be fairly neutral, but that's about it.

But giving everything I read and saw about the game prior to launch, it's no surprise that it's apparently bad. I'll probably get it at $10 in a sale or something.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ars...watch the video please...make your own judgement based off it. It really doesn't look like a bad game.

Chewy

Chewy

People were hating on the game since the moment it was announced. Not surprised the reception is mediocre. I still think it could be a decent game.

chunckylover53

My friend loves the game and told me it's awesome so i am not sure what to think of these reviews.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

They allow you to customize the difficulty to exactly what you want which a is cool feature IMO

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I hate people who sheepishly follow reviews...make your own damn opinions... I still think Too Human was fun as hell. I don't care if other people hate it. I likes what I like!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

menacinglemon wrote:I hate people who sheepishly follow reviews...make your own damn opinions... I still think Too Human was fun as hell. I don't care if other people hate it. I likes what I like!

This, don't fall into the herd of sheeple folks. (Except you sheep, you don't count lol)

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Artimise Flare wrote:Ars...watch the video please...make your own judgement based off it. It really doesn't look like a bad game.
I've seen some videos actually and it looks nice to play through once, which is why I wouldn't pay more than $10, maybe $15 for it. I'll have to watch the most recent ones though.

Thing is, as far as I remember, both from interviews to the developers and gameplay videos, it's like the developers just wanted to take the Thief name and sell it to the dudebro audience. I'm ok with those games every once in a while where I can just turn off my brain and do stupid shit, but that's just not what I would look for in a Thief game.

At the very least they took the feedback and made some changes, but I doubt that the overall design changed. Which is why I'm guessing that it's yet another "cinematic" game with random explosions and linearity all over the place that has been plaguing games for the last few years. Like I said, I'll probably end up getting it, but not for full price. I'll watch the latest video and see if it changes my mind.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Artimise Flare wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:I hate people who sheepishly follow reviews...make your own damn opinions... I still think Too Human was fun as hell. I don't care if other people hate it. I likes what I like!

This, don't fall into the herd of sheeple folks. (Except you sheep, you don't count lol)

I haven't read any reviews, but I canceled my pre-order after watching the last trailer for it. It just makes the game look and sound... very not good. Bummer too because I loved the older ones and was looking forward to this one.

This trailer.

sheep

sheep

Artimise Flare wrote:

I COUNT!

I count a lot.

[runs off to cry]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

sheep wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:

I COUNT!

I count a lot.

[runs off to cry]

silly sheep, you dont count, people count you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum