Tom
menacinglemon
Bla125
Pariah
HydrasBreath ♜
Frostbyrn
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-02, 19:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Basically if you had like a terminal illness or something that would cause you lifelong pain you could apply for this

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah if people want to end their suffering then I think they should be able to make that call. It's their life why shouldn't they be able to decide when to end it?

Also no poll?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

The Opinion topic was more supposed to invite discussion

I noticed if I do a poll a few people will just fire and forget

Pariah

Pariah

I would want the option, I would just never take it.

Bla125

Bla125

For it.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

If you end your life though, family gets nothing.

Tom

menacinglemon wrote:If you end your life though, family gets nothing.

That is not true from what I have heard.  I heard that if the policy is over two years old the life insurance company will still pay out. Anyways I'm for it.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

yeah but suicide I believe is something that they wont give anythning for I believe. Unless that changed from the last time I read anything...which is highly possible.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Hooray for Kevorkian!

10The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 06:45

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:I would want the option, I would just never take it.

Yeah I'd probably stick it out till the bitter end too. But I'd like other people to have the option.

11The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 09:29

chunckylover53

menacinglemon wrote:yeah but suicide I believe is something that they wont give anythning for I believe. Unless that changed from the last time I read anything...which is highly possible.

Stil two years or so if i remember from insurance class.. Which was about a year ago.

12The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 10:24

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

ah ok

13The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 11:59

Pariah

Pariah

HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:

Yeah I'd probably stick it out till the bitter end too. But I'd like other people to have the option.

my thought is basically that a death sentence is a temporary get out of jail free card. Suddenly all of the reasons I have for putting things off disappear, if I know I'll die within 6 months, a year, whatever. Mountain climbing, sailing a yacht, going on a cruise, picking fights with people I hate, all of these would become my day to day, because I'd have nothing else after that.

14The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 13:18

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I'm for it. Do it Kevorkian style though. Make it look like, a whoops I mixed me meds and died rather than straight up suicide.

15The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 16:45

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

menacinglemon wrote:If you end your life though, family gets nothing.

Yeah but this would be like done in a hospital legally

And it would be an option if you are terminally ill or have some Stephen Hawking shit going on where you will be in constant pain

Plus think of all those costly medical bills

16The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 16:55

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i approve. i know that if i was in a situation where i was in constant pain/debilitation i would want to have the option to kill myself legally. even if i didnt choose it, i would be glad of the choice. plus it would remove any legal consequences from my family, they would not get imprisoned for killing me when i wanted them to.

obviously regulations would have to be in place and you'd have to do it in a hospital to avoid people being killed without consent which is one of the big worries surrounding euthanasia.

17The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-03, 20:12

Chewy

Chewy

I'm for it, as long as the rules surrounding it are extremely strict.

18The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-04, 21:31

Siren

Siren

Yes, Im 100% for it. I think there are a lot of situations where not having the option is actually really inhumane...but theres a lot of uncertainty around the area unfortunately. For example, what if a patient becomes incurably sick, want to be euthanize, but have a medical past of suicide/diagnosed depression? Now it becomes an issue of whether the person is in a sound state of mind when making the decision...and obviously a lot of family's may not be understanding of the patient's wish to end his/her suffering...its hazy waters. But morally I think its a good thing.

19The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-06, 23:17

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Fine with me.

20The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-07, 00:17

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I wouldn't want someone to tell me "LIVE! JUST LIVE! UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY DIE!" if I had a horrifying and painful disease that had no cure. If a person were resolute in wanting to end it, I wouldn't stop them.

The only problem is what if a cure pops out somewhere?

21The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia Empty Re: The SeCs Opinion:Euthanasia 2014-03-09, 19:32

Khfan60

Khfan60

Sure.

I'd probably end up offing myself before it gets that bad though

Pariah wrote:
HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:

my thought is basically that a death sentence is a temporary get out of jail free card. Suddenly all of the reasons I have for putting things off disappear, if I know I'll die within 6 months, a year, whatever. Mountain climbing, sailing a yacht, going on a cruise, picking fights with people I hate, all of these would become my day to day, because I'd have nothing else after that.

As fucked up as it sounds, that actually sounds like an awesome life

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum