Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I got to play Dark Souls 2 for a few hours last night, any questions about the game?

+5
Kenshiro
The Adli Corporation
Dropped Da Soap
chunckylover53
Ante
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chunckylover53

Was it hard?

Any reused enemies?

Did you fight any bosses, if so what was it like?

Ante

Ante

No bosses. I'm pretty sure I saw one, but never got to the point of entering the room to fight it. There weren't any straight up reused enemies, but the first bad guys you meet are pretty similar to the first bad guys you meet in DS1.

It's just as, if not a little more difficult than DS1. It actually feels almost identical except the graphical fidelity is better and I'd say the mechanics are a little "tighter." It also felt much more open. There were so many fucking paths to take, I wasn't really sure where I was supposed to go. Ended up going through this gate and popping out on some cliffside courtyard with massive stone giants that promptly kicked my ass. There was also a "300" pit in the middle of the first hub that definitely had something at the bottom but I had no idea how to get down. Finally went down a path that leads to a shantytown filled with basic undead mobs and figured out that the area was probably where to start. Got a good ways through it, there was a mist door on the walkway I was going through, but I spotted an item on top of a statue that had fallen over and was jutting out over the cliff. As soon as I picked it up I got flanked by a baddie and died... sadface. That was about it.

I'll definitely be picking it up for PC when it comes out and recommend it to anyone who liked Dark Souls.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah, I got just one question. How many dicks did you have to suck to be able to play it?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

how did you get to play it?

and yeah im definately getting it on PC when it launches, i loved the original.

Ante

Ante

I have a friend who got their hands on what she called a "vendor copy." Apparently Gamestop let's their management sign out some games a week or so early.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

sneaky buggers Very Happy

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Aye, heard about the manager copy stuff. Still they can't sell it off to someone, fines and stuff.

Just going to pick up the PS3 version, PC maybe later if I really want to.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Still no PC release date.

Why

Tom

Ars Diaboli wrote:Still no PC release date.

Why

Because it is probably going to be at least one month delayed, and they would rather avoid any bad press until after release.

(I am still hoping for it to magically appear on steam the day it comes out)

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Tom wrote:
Ars Diaboli wrote:Still no PC release date.

Why

Because it is probably going to be at least one month delayed, and they would rather avoid any bad press until after release.

(I am still hoping for it to magically appear on steam the day it comes out)
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/06/dark-souls-2-brings-suffering-to-pc-on-april-25/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

;______________________________;

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Nice. This is the only game I'll miss by getting rid of all my current gen consoles for the next gen ones.

Ante wrote:the graphical fidelity is better and I'd say the mechanics are a little "tighter."

Interesting. Based off of the trailers I had the impression that the graphics were downgraded quite a bit. Sounds like you thought it looks a bit better though?

Maybe it's just the vids that look like shit then.

Ante

Ante

The game is easily better looking than Dark Souls. I seriously just chilled and looked out over the cliffs for about 5 minutes when I first got to Majula.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Trying not to spoil myself.

But damn this is too funny (and it mirrors another game From made):

StormEye

StormEye

Ante wrote:I have a friend who got their hands on what she called a "vendor copy." Apparently Gamestop let's their management sign out some games a week or so early.

Or sometimes Amazon makes mistake and sends out a product earlier than release dates. It was a case for me with Fable 3 and some other thing that I just cant recall at the moment.

I still need to go ahead and play the first one, though.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

if you want to coop on the first one give me a shout, i love jolly cooperation Smile

StormEye

StormEye

I'll probably get the second one anyway, as usual, and put into back log.

So I can do both.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum