Damn.

2Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 17:01

chunckylover53

This seems very victim blaming-ish.

3Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 17:06

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Meh thats not even the worst safety ad we have had down here

Theres a fire safety one were a little girl burns to death and you hear her screams as the screen fades to black

4Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 17:32

Bla125

Bla125

You don't see stuff like that in the US. Stupid hippies here. People do need to sow down and stop riding each others asses on the rode though.

5Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 22:58

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

"Other people make mistakes. Slow down."

Are you fucking kidding me? I agree with chunky.
That makes it sound like it's the innocent dudes fault.

They should change the end of that ad to: "If you cause a wreck because you're speeding then you are a worthless piece of fucking human filth and if you live should have your cock stuffed in your mouth then be fucking hung live on Tv"

Fuck that ad made me angry.

6Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 23:47

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You do realise one of them pulled out without looking and the other was speeding right?

7Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-08, 23:58

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Looks to me like he did look, but the other dude was down the road quite a ways and he just didn't realize how fast Mr. Queer-pants Mc***atron was moving.

My vote: Throw him in with the child molesters and then kill them all.

8Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 05:50

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Funnily enough queer pants up there is famous in NZ for knocking up a lesbian

9Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 12:12

Ante

Ante

So we shouldn't be careful when driving? You people boggle my mind sometimes. All this ad is saying is that people make mistakes, so BE CAREFUL when driving. Jesus.

10Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 13:28

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:Funnily enough queer pants up there is famous in NZ for knocking up a lesbian

Ha! That's awesome!
I now forgive him. Is that an NZ ad? I thought Ante was from Cuba...

11Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 14:58

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You should also find the one that tells burn victims that everyone hates them and they are freaks

12Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 15:23

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:You should also find the one that tells burn victims that everyone hates them and they are freaks

Ha!
Did I ever tell you guys about the customer of mine that poured gas all over himself and his car and lit himself on fire in it?

He barely looks human anymore, completely melted him and it was just his shitty luck that some asshole firefighter pulled him out in time to save his life.

13Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 15:49

chunckylover53

Ante wrote:So we shouldn't be careful when driving? You people boggle my mind sometimes. All this ad is saying is that people make mistakes, so BE CAREFUL when driving. Jesus.

Definitely but i go through a road just like that everyday, generally a road like that will have a limit of 40-55, let's assume it's 40 in my case it's 55.

The guy is currently going 67 or so and even if he was going 40 he still wouldn't have enough time to slow down and there would still be a crash maybe not as severe obviously.

You have no obligation to stop for anyone if the stop sign isn't directed at you(maybe different in NZ?) of course both are at fault but i'd put more liability on the guy who doesn't use his eyes with a kid in the car.

14Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 17:31

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

chunckylover53 wrote:
Ante wrote:So we shouldn't be careful when driving? You people boggle my mind sometimes. All this ad is saying is that people make mistakes, so BE CAREFUL when driving. Jesus.

Definitely but i go through a road just like that everyday, generally a road like that will have a limit of 40-55, let's assume it's 40 in my case it's 55.

The guy is currently going 67 or so and even if he was going 40 he still wouldn't have enough time to slow down and there would still be a crash maybe not as severe obviously.

You have no obligation to stop for anyone if the stop sign isn't directed at you(maybe different in NZ?) of course both are at fault but i'd put more liability on the guy who doesn't use his eyes with a kid in the car.

On Rural roads unless specifically stated the speed limits is 100 km/h

Plus you have to give way to people if you are turning on to a road

15Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 19:20

Khfan60

Khfan60

I think the problem isnt the speeding, its the people not knowing how to drive.

I speed all the time, but unlike every fucktard out here I can actually drive. If your dumbass blows a stop sign and I hit you thats on you, regardless if im going 60 or 35.

16Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 21:05

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Metalzoic wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:You should also find the one that tells burn victims that everyone hates them and they are freaks

Ha!
Did I ever tell you guys about the customer of mine that poured gas all over himself and his car and lit himself on fire in it?

He barely looks human anymore, completely melted him and it was just his shitty luck that some asshole firefighter pulled him out in time to save his life.

What the fuck did you say to the guy to get that reaction?

17Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 21:37

chunckylover53

Khfan60 wrote:I think the problem isnt the speeding, its the people not knowing how to drive.

I speed all the time, but unlike every fucktard out here I can actually drive. If your dumbass blows a stop sign and I hit you thats on you, regardless if im going 60 or 35.

I'll say this lovin, no one admits that they can't drive.

18Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 22:50

Duck

Duck

You guys are taking this the wring way imo.

The whole idea of the ad is exactly NOT to assign blame. The guys get out and talk and all it does is show how futile any kind of analysis of who should have slowed down or who had right of way is. Point being you can throw around blame all you want and apologize but none of that changes the fact that that guy and his kid are probably going to die. It's to tell everyone to more careful regardless if you think you're in the right or not.

19Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 22:56

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Duck wrote:You guys are taking this the wring way imo.

The whole idea of the ad is exactly NOT to assign blame. The guys get out and talk and all it does is show how futile any kind of analysis of who should have slowed down or who had right of way is. Point being you can throw around blame all you want and apologize but none of that changes the fact that that guy and his kid are probably going to die. It's to tell everyone to more careful regardless if you think you're in the right or not.

No I think the point of this is that the PSAs here keep trying to one up each other

Here are some others:

Oh and who can forget "Ghost Chips"

20Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 23:05

chunckylover53

The drunk uncle one is by far the best.

21Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-09, 23:06

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

chunckylover53 wrote:The drunk uncle one is by far the best.

I laugh everytime

22Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 01:50

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

chunckylover53 wrote:
Khfan60 wrote:I think the problem isnt the speeding, its the people not knowing how to drive.

I'll say this lovin, no one admits that they can't drive.

But bad drivers always say they are good.

23Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 01:51

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

Ha!

His wife and best friend were having a long running affair I believe.

24Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:06

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Metalzoic wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

Ha!

So he goes full Buddhist monk?

25Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:09

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

Ha!

So he goes full Buddhist monk?

Yep. Decided to kill himself in the most insane manner possible. Unfortunately his plan was ruined by a hero.

I can't imagine the depth of his hatred for the dude that pulled him out instead of letting him die.

26Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:11

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Why not murder,murder and then suicide?

27Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:23

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

No idea. That's probably what I would have done, although I wouldn't kill myself.

I had a close friend cheat on me with a long-time girlfriend once. I went looking for him with a gun. Another friend mediated and made the deal that he had one day to pack his shit and leave town. Same deal for her. I've never seen either of them since.

Although every once in awhile I think I spot him in a car and catch up to them just to realize it isn't.
Even after all this time I would kill him in a heartbeat if given the chance.

28Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:26

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Must suck even more if its a friend cheating with your GF

29Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:28

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Frostbyrn wrote:Must suck even more if its a friend cheating with your GF

I also lived with them

I know how murderous I became so I can imagine how tore up he was when it was his wife and life-long best friend having an affair behind hid back for who knows how long.

He just snapped. Still what a way to try to kill yourself. Pure madness.

30Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:33

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You shouldnt be posting this

You know leave evidence for the prosecutor that the crime was pre-meditated

31Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 02:53

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Good point.

32Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 03:06

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

So we should speak in an unbreakable code

The potato is in the hen house

33Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 09:43

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Frostbyrn wrote:So we should speak in an unbreakable code

You need a better code than that. Speak in the Uncle Is Drunk Again Code.

34Mistakes Empty Re: Mistakes 2014-03-10, 16:46

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Captain Pirate Pineapple wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:So we should speak in an unbreakable code

You need a better code than that. Speak in the Uncle Is Drunk Again Code.

Wooo! Airplane!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» The Lounge » Mistakes

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum