HydrasBreath ♜
Tom
Artimise Flare
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-16, 15:04

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Anyone else going to be playing, so that I can add you to my friends list...on PC?

2So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-16, 17:35

Tom

Mind me asking what convinced you to preorder it?

3So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-16, 19:14

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Tom wrote:Mind me asking what convinced you to preorder it?

Nothing in particular, I just wanted it a little sooner, and if I'm not mistaken, you get a horse earlier. I had some money left over from my tax return so it was more a matter of "Why the heck not?"

4So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 08:49

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I forgot to mention that I pretty much spent this past weekend playing in the beta of the game and really enjoyed it.

5So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 12:26

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I haven't really heard too many good things about TESO honestly. What are some of the better points in your opinion?

6So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 15:05

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:I haven't really heard too many good things about TESO honestly. What are some of the better points in your opinion?

I'm not aware of such remarks, I didn't follow this game too closely to be honest.

As far as what I like about the game is the fact that it stays very loyal to what makes past ES games enjoyable. The HUD and combat is very similar, but more refined. The addition of actually being able to dodge, more user friendly telegraphs of power attacks, and the actual need to actively block attacks is a nice plus for melee combat. The clunkyness from older titles seems to have been addressed with a combination of using MMO style "skills" while still retaining your normal "light/fast" and "heavy/slow" attacks.

Aiming spells/arrows to ensure they hit is a must and archery still requires you to compensate for drop from what I can tell when shooting at distant targets.

Talent trees allow you to evolve your skills in different directions to suit your play style and you are not limited by what kind of armor you wear just like in older ES titles. (Example, Crystal shard, a Sorceror's class specific spell, upon "level up" allows you to either have it hit harder and apply certain status' IIRC, or you may have it shatter, causing it to do AOE damage)

Third person animations is significantly improved, and the graphics look amazing considering the level of customization that goes into each character.

In typical ES fashion, there are quests that are multi-tiered, and all of them have VA. The story is pretty well written to include the non-main quests.

The crafting system is a bit more in depth than before, and the game encourages you to explore and craft your armor (Only way to get better armor) with certain set pieces only being available by exploring x ruins and crafting at x ruins crafting rooms.

The negatives:

The beta was horrifically buggy in regards to quests (many reported falling through the map, getting stuck, unable to access the general menu to access graphic settings or to log out), NPC's failure to spawn, or become frozen. Though the game wasn't unplayable like a certain FPS that was released some time last year *cough* BF4 *cough* and this was an older version of the beta (I remain skeptical nonetheless due to such claims made by another company *achoo* DICE *achoo*)

Quests are multi tiered, but tend to be sparsely spread apart. There is no real reason to return to lower level areas upon clearing quest lines. A system that encouraged you to return to say protect boarder villages from invading NPC's or bandits so that resources would continue to flow to the front lines for PvP would have tied PvE into the PvP scene quite nicely IMO.

The game follows a more traditional path in regards to MMO setup, if you're too low level for an area (2 levels below mobs or more) for certain classes, it's extremely difficult to complete content or impossible, and if you are a much higher level for the zone, you face roll everything in your path.

(GW2 had a better system where it dynamically scaled you to the zone, so that combat remained challenging no matter your level or gear)

The game overall though is quite fun, and a refreshing new take on the MMO scene, it's heading in the right direction, and despite the issues that occurred in the beta (Only problems I ever encountered were quest bugs) The game runs fantastic on my aging PC and looks far superior in regards to graphics fidelity than Skyrim.

TL;DR? If you enjoyed past ES games, you'll likely enjoy TESO, IMO they trimmed the fat of most of the annoying crap that went on in the SP games and kept the parts that made ES games what they were.

Story/lore, ability to play in first person, massive world exploration that you can realistically immerse yourself in, and bare bones UI that gives you just enough information to get around.

There is more that I'm likely forgetting, but I'm short on time, so I'll update this if I think of more stuff.

7So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 17:46

Duck

Duck

I might play it when it comes out. Depends on how much time i have lying around. I played a bit of the beta and didn't enjoy it too much but that was months ago.

plus im getting a bit bored of EVE

8So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 17:59

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I Wasn't a part of the first beta held back in November, so I can't say how much it's improved, but according to those who did play the game then, they said it was a great leap as far as improvements go between the two beta sessions.

I think I'll have some scroll things that allow you to try the game out for a week or something. If you're interested, I'll give you a code so that you don't have to buy it and then find out "Oh fuck, this game blows!"

9So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 18:03

Duck

Duck

yeah sounds nice. The thing i always hated about elder scrolls is that it was too easy to have so much power and money you dont know what to do with it. You can never have enough money or loot in mmo's so I hope that will be a nice balance for it.

10So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 18:25

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Duck wrote:yeah sounds nice. The thing i always hated about elder scrolls is that it was too easy to have so much power and money you dont know what to do with it. You can never have enough money or loot in mmo's so I hope that will be a nice balance for it.

Well the devs explicitely said you have to craft everything you own or get someone to do it for you. Crafted gear will almost always be better than found gear as well apparently. Unique weapons that have specialty enchantments however may be upgraded if you have the skill to do so, and still keep said unique enchantment. So there are exceptions to the rule.

It encourages you to explore, to dungeon crawl and I think that alone will limit the "gold" issues in the game, as the barter system will come into play more than anything else. (I'll trade you x amount of cloth for x amount of ore)

11So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 20:26

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I don't know man. I want to get it, but then again....its boring as shit in my opinion

I have played many MMO betas and full MMOS over the years. But ESO....god is easily the most boring MMO I have ever played

I played like 2-3 weeks ago, I had to force myself to get to level 6. Then I just dropped it, and went back to playing Fallout 3

12So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 20:42

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Dropped Da Soap wrote:I don't know man. I want to get it, but then again....its boring as shit in my opinion

I have played many MMO betas and full MMOS over the years. But ESO....god is easily the most boring MMO I have ever played

I played like 2-3 weeks ago, I had to force myself to get to level 6. Then I just dropped it, and went back to playing Fallout 3

It's not for everyone, it has a very slow progression system. I think what they were trying to do was make a game that makes the journey through the levels the point of the game rather than just what is at the end. How many MMO's out there focus on the end game content and the leveling is just a means to an end? How many people actually remember or have an interest on the quests that bring you through the game?

It's too early for me to say if TESO does this right, but I think what attracts me the most is that it's one of the few MMO's that I can immerse myself into more. Maybe it's the simplicity of it, or something.

Not sure what it is that appeals to me.

If not TESO I'd recommend taking a look at Wildstar Online

13So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 20:51

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Really for me the only good things about the game where the animations, and the world design. Which even then isn't saying much as the world is just kinda boring.

And there was not one quest I really found fun. Even the ones where you needed a group where just really slow

14So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 21:03

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Dropped Da Soap wrote:Really for me the only good things about the game where the animations, and the world design. Which even then isn't saying much as the world is just kinda boring.

And there was not one quest I really found fun. Even the ones where you needed a group where just really slow

Like I said, if you want a fast paced action packed game, then TESO is not for you. Something like Guild Wars, Wildstar online or even The Old Republic would likely be more suited to you. Skyrim and the other ES games are relatively slow as well, some combat here and there but focused more on explorations and traveling the land, finding new ruins to plunder for treasure.

So if you want to be slaying legions of Orcs or what have, I don't think TESO will appeal for you.

Granted a lot of things may change when the final game is out, PvP could be very interesting.

15So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 21:05

Duck

Duck

I could easily get immersed in ESO if its done well at all. I really like the Elder Scrolls lore and being able to explore all of tamriel is the biggest draw to the game I could have.

Than and being able to feel like I'm part of the game by being a smith or something as an actual profession.

16So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 21:06

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Oh no, I understand that. Im not looking for a fast paced game or mmo or anything. And I have played every ES games for hours on end, and still play Skyrim almost every other day. So its not like im not used to the style of ES. Its just.....ESO is just dull.

17So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 21:10

Duck

Duck

what are the differences between eso and skyrim youve noticed? I havent played much of eso at all.

But imo quests in Skyrim were terribly boring and so was the combat. All it really had going for it was sheer amount of content and some decent dungeon crawling.

18So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 21:12

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Which beta did you play soap? I can't comment on the November launch but the one that just passed seemed fun IMO. Reminded me a lot of Skyrim and Oblivion, I was a part of the Aldmeri Dominion personally.

19So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 22:00

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I played like 2-3 weekends ago. Can't remember which. I do know the version was a 3 month old version and they were just stress testing. So I can understand that it was an old build, but I highly doubt it would be much different.

Im still going to buy the game as I love the lore and world of ES, but ESO just bored me.

And this is coming from a guy who used to play slow ass mmos like Tibia for hours a day.

20So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 22:04

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Dropped Da Soap wrote:I played like 2-3 weekends ago. Can't remember which. I do know the version was a 3 month old version and they were just stress testing. So I can understand that it was an old build, but I highly doubt it would be much different.

Im still going to buy the game as I love the lore and world of ES, but ESO just bored me.

And this is coming from a guy who used to play slow ass mmos like Tibia for hours a day.

Dude, hold off on it. Hopefully I'll get some free trial keys that you can use, I'd hate to have you waste your money on buying the game and then end up not playing. If you'd like, I can record some footage and post it so you can make your own interpretations of what the final game is like.

21So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 22:10

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah, that would be cool
Like I said I loved the design and everything of the game. But it just feels so dull and lifeless, and I cant place why

Though I did get a huge kick when I was playing it and this whole group of people in the chat where praising the game nonstop and were even going so far as saying that ESO beat games like EVE and blew them out of the water.
These guys were the equivalent of CoD fanboys in ES form

22So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-17, 22:27

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah there are some retardedly fanatical ES fans out there.

23So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 02:36

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

all hail sithis

24So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 08:48

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yep, I saw them too. So many saying this would be the game to kill WoW. This is what was said about GW2, ToR and a few others and...well...WoW is very not dead. Not as popular as before but still running fairly strong.

Fanboys/girls you'll find them everywhere like a parasite.

25So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 10:27

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I still have a feeling this game will end up going free to play, I just wonder how long. I wanna try it, but honestly subscriptions are a turn off for me...some of my fav times ever gaming period were on Morrowind and Skyrim

26So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 10:32

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

WoW killers don't exist. the only thing that can kill WoW, is WoW stopping development. its big and too established to be killed simply by a new game.

27So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 10:35

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

speaking of mmo's, on a side note I've been playing Defiance a little with controller, it looks a hell of a lot better than it did on Xbox but it's dead and has no community on pc which I thought would be a little better at least than xbox version >_> . It's an alright time waster. I think of it as a cheesy sci fi channel ripoff 3rd person Borderlands >_>

28So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 10:41

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

You pay for xbox live and the 10 extra a month isn't so bad. You probably spend that much on a meal for two at a fast food place. $15 isn't really all that bad IMO.

I can understand the stigma though. You almost feel obliged to play to just get your money's worth

29So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 11:40

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Art. If the novel thing doesn't pan out. Go into blogging or article writing. I read that shit all day.

30So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 11:42

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Epyk MD wrote:Art. If the novel thing doesn't pan out. Go into blogging or article writing. I read that shit all day.

??? Can you please elaborate why you think I should go into blogging? Lol

31So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 11:54

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

All your walls'o text are well thought out, informative and easy to read. If you started a blog.... I'd read that shit

32So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 12:28

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Epyk MD wrote:All your walls'o text are well thought out, informative and easy to read. If you started a blog.... I'd read that shit  

Dis right here. You've got skills Art.

33So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 12:43

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:
Epyk MD wrote:All your walls'o text are well thought out, informative and easy to read. If you started a blog.... I'd read that shit  

Dis right here. You've got skills Art.

34So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-18, 13:39

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Well I'll take that as a compliment. I'll think about it

35So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 00:24

StormEye

StormEye

Eh, not sure if I am going to play, but I have it preordered.

36So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 02:44

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'll probably get it if my friend does. I had so much fun in the summer of 2008 playing Morrowind getting all the cool secret hidden loot on xbox at his place

37So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 02:56

Ante

Ante

The Elder Scrolls series has a great lore writing team, but they implement it so poorly into their games storytelling. I guess Morrowind is actually an exception to that as I found the main quest pretty entertaining. Oblivion and Skyrim were awful though.

More on topic, I don't see how ESO will have any sort of meaningful endgame progression with its current mechanics. It'll probably end up a lot like GW2 where you get to the point wear endgame normally would be and find there's fuck all to do and even less of a reason to do it.

38So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 13:41

Duck

Duck

The guys who actually made all the original TES lore are long gone iirc

39So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 14:01

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I had the same issue with gw2. I'm hoping wild star delivers.

fuck you ante

40So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 14:23

Ante

Ante

Epyk if you have a facebook account go look up Logitech Gaming. They might still have some keys left.

41So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 15:35

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I don't face book D:

42So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 21:53

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I really tried to get into GW2 but couldn't, it just seemed like I leveled soooo slow....in WoW I liked it since you could dungeon at a pretty low level but in GW2 the level was much higher...I heard the dungeons in Rift were good from some youtube vids I watched but I never played Rift much

43So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 22:48

StormEye

StormEye

I started playing GW2, and immediately started playing WoW instead. LoL

Original intent was to play MMO that is not WoW, but instead it drew me into WoW.

44So I've Pre-ordered TESO Empty Re: So I've Pre-ordered TESO 2014-03-19, 23:06

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ive recently got back into playing GW2, having a lot of fun Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum