Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone out there with Diablo 3 getting Reaper of Souls?

+5
Epyk MD
HydrasBreath ♜
JrTapia1991
StormEye
Ante
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juT-1ew-ffc

The recent 2.0 patch has MASSIVELY improved the game. Seriously, it's like launch Diablo and 2.0 Diablo are completely different games. I was under the impression that Path of Exile was the superior game for a really long time, but now I'd say Diablo is the champion hands down. For the last few days I have not been able to pull away from the game and find myself daydreaming about skill builds and gear upgrades during work.

Anyone who already has it but gave up on it should really try it again, and anyone who doesn't should pick it up while it's still on sale for 20 bucks.

StormEye

StormEye

Is it that different now?

I spent a LOT of time on D3 (might even claim that I had highest play time in SeC for launch period of D3), but later tossed it. Never looking back.

If its better now, I might just have to try it out again.

Though, I have a feeling that a BUNCH of WoW guildy/friends will start messaging me saying that they thought I was dead. Unless there is an offline mode. LoL

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I still need to play through the game, almost got to the end of Act 1, I was watching this interview the other night about it

[flạsh(425,350)]https://www.youtube.com/v/uZ_y4H-Epto[/flạsh]

I'm the warrior but I wanted to also do a playthrough as the Witch Dr. , it was really fun playing a necromancer on Path of Exile as the Sion, then my friend told me they nerfed her weapon throwing spell by half and it pissed me off and I haven't played since haha

Last edited by JrTapia1991 on 2014-03-19, 04:35; edited 1 time in total

Ante

Ante

There is so much different about the game I couldn't even begin to list it all. Just redownload/patch it and give it a go.

I got to level 55 and quit after about a month back at launch, and I had to force myself to get that far. I just started playing again about a week ago and I already have a new Demon Hunter at 60 and am soaring through Paragon levels. Loot distribution/quality is just so much fucking better, and the new difficulty settings make playing through challenging difficulties actually fun and not an exercise in frustration.

Ante

Ante

JrTapia1991 wrote:I still need to play through the game, almost got to the end of Act 1, I was watching this interview the other night about it

[flạsh(425,350)]https://www.youtube.com/v/uZ_y4H-Epto[/flạsh]

I'm the warrior but I wanted to also do a playthrough as the Witch Dr. , it was really run playing a necromancer on Path of Exile as the Sion, then my friend told me they nerfed her weapon throwing spell by half and it pissed me off and I haven't played since haha

That's another thing, the classes are in a sweet spot balance wise now, and it's hard to make a build that just won't work. At no point since returning have I had to stop playing and research some wiki to find a build to get me through the game.

That being said, if you do give it a go Jr, Witch Doctor is the slowest class to start out. Takes a while for them to really get moving.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

now I have the urge to play through it Razz , I'm going to install it on my laptop , as of late, I've much preferred chilling in bed on the laptop instead of sitting in the chair at the desktop.

mine should be fine playing it, I was playing it before with a friend and his pc honestly sucks, he has the old ass athlon dual core 2.0ghz, 3gb ram, and hd 6670 gpu, and 60gb hdd >_>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I've been thinking of picking this up. Diablo 3 that is. We should like play together and shit if I do end up getting it.

Ante

Ante

HydrasBreath ♜ wrote:I've been thinking of picking this up. Diablo 3 that is. We should like play together and shit if I do end up getting it.

GET IT  Twisted Evil 

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I think I will. at 20 bucks it's hard to pass up.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Welp I got it. Installing now. Think you'll eventually get reaper of souls too?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath is my handle if any of you fools want to send me a friend request.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

...fuck.

I'll look into it tonight. But I've gotta finish the new site first or ars will hurt me.

Ante

Ante

Ante#1709 is my battletag. Hydra you should have a number at the end of your name too, AFAIK.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ah yeah I saw that...just logged off. Got a punk rock show to get to. I'll add you when I get back tonight.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wait how much is the whole game?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Diablo 3 is on sale right now for $19.99 and then the expansion is $39.99, I played a few hours as the Witch Dr last night after I said I was installing it and really liked it, I cleared the first dungeon and got to where that cheesy mayor in town moves his stupid carriage out of the way Razz

Ante

Ante

jr are you zombiezerg?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

ok, got it. quit making spend money

Ante

Ante

gimme yo battletag epyk

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Epyk#1892

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I just lost faith in Blizzard after D3 and SC2. Can't even bother to give them a chance now.

StormEye

StormEye

Seems like someone tried to access my account and failed.

Its now locked, and stupid Blizzard/system does not understand that there are people outside of English speaking nations that have first names longer than one word...

Now I'm even locked out of 'unlocking' system, waiting for them to reply to my ticket...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn that sucks

had fun chumping zombies in that huge 5 layer dungeon

StormEye

StormEye

Just ended up doing the chat, instead of waiting for the ticket to be replied.

Got the thing pre-ordered, and am installing it on my office PC.

Now I have 5 games installed & actively played on office PC.

Resident Evil 4
FONV
CiV
Torchlight 2
Diablo 3

<_<
>_>

Slide~

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Razz I was surprised I could play it on high/ultra on my laptop, 1.8ghz quad core a8 amd apu

StormEye

StormEye

Well, my office PC is basically my oldx2 parts, so I know this thing should be able to run even Max Payne 3 on full options.

It just gets REALLY~ hot and loud due to GTX 590, and kind of half-assed OC'd the CPU to 4.2Ghz instead of 4.6Ghz I used to run at.

When its running really to the max, I can feel the heat coming from the PC through the FRONT of the case. LoL

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

this laptop gets boiling hot too, about 80c even after I cleaned out the very thin dust and put new thermal paste, didn't help the temps any. I think these AMD just run hot as hell, plus being in a laptop.

for what it's worth, I've read plenty online of intel laptops running hot as hell too

in the pawn shop here I saw a laptop I wanted to get, i7 sandy bridge with hd 6770, probably better than this apu, I think having the i7 would be really cool in a laptop. But I had already ordered my current one.

as my love for laptop grows, I really am thinking of saving up for a good one

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I'm HydrasBreath#1362. I'll add you other fools that posted your tags. Jr you need to post yours or add me.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Played a bunch yesterday. I'm a level 11 Demon Hunter. Pretty fun so far.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

me and Epyk put it to expert mode and were still chumping everything besides the Skeleton king, he took awhile lol

I just sent you a request

Last edited by JrTapia1991 on 2014-03-20, 11:10; edited 1 time in total

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:me and Epyk put it to expert mode and were still chumping everything besides the Skeleton king, he took awhile lol

I haven't gotten that far. I'm on that quest right now. I just got the crown from that crypt.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So if I wanted to play this game with you dickbutts, do I have to buy the 20 dollar retail copy, AND the 40 dollar DLC>

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

just the regular game

Ante

Ante

I think it's fair to call Reaper of Souls an expansion pack, not DLC. Blizz is one of the only companies that still does proper expansions.  Razz 

chunckylover53

Ante wrote:I think it's fair to call Reaper of Souls an expansion pack, not DLC. Blizz is one of the only companies that still does proper expansions.  Razz 

They're giving away free lvl 90 boosts if you preorder the new WoW expansion..

/sadpanda

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I tried playing d3 but it bored me more than it didn't. Not sure what it was but it just didn't interest me all that much. If they made the game more interesting, I may consider checking it out again.

StormEye

StormEye

chunckylover53 wrote:They're giving away free lvl 90 boosts if you preorder the new WoW expansion..

/sadpanda

Its just one time use. Don't expect to see bunch of newcomers having dozen level 90s. Like WoW community has enough decent max levels anyway.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

StormEye

StormEye

Artimise Flare wrote:I tried playing d3 but it bored me more than it didn't. Not sure what it was but it just didn't interest me all that much. If they made the game more interesting, I may consider checking it out again.

I think the grind for gear was stupidly unbalanced, which killed it eventually for me. But Ante suggests that looting is MUCH better now, so I will just have to see.

Need to finish Resident Evil 4 on Professional difficulty. For the third time...

Ante

Ante

I get 1-3 legendaries per hour now, and ~95% of the gear is tailored to your class when it drops. Back during launch I got ALL my gear from the AH. Hours and hours of grinding got me zero pieces of gear that were even halfway decent. 34 hours into my new character I made for 2.0 and I haven't needed to use the AH (which is now closed as of yesterday) once to get a gear upgrade. I've even got a nice stash of legendaries and rares to use with any alts I decide to level.

StormEye

StormEye

Ante wrote:I get 1-3 legendaries per hour now, and ~95% of the gear is tailored to your class when it drops. Back during launch I got ALL my gear from the AH. Hours and hours of grinding got me zero pieces of gear that were even halfway decent. 34 hours into my new character I made for 2.0 and I haven't needed to use the AH (which is now closed as of yesterday) once to get a gear upgrade. I've even got a nice stash of legendaries and rares to use with any alts I decide to level.

Same, I never had anything useful for me drop. EVER. Had to buy everything.

chunckylover53

StormEye wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:They're giving away free lvl 90 boosts if you preorder the new WoW expansion..

/sadpanda

Its just one time use. Don't expect to see bunch of newcomers having dozen level 90s. Like WoW community has enough decent max levels anyway.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

True but it's leaving a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, if you're at least lvl 60 and use it they'll give you two max professions and like maxed flying too or something like that.

StormEye

StormEye

Grinding for that profession was stupid.

Required no skill but either your hard cash to buy some gold online to get material from auction house, or consuming alarming amounts of time to get it up 'normally'.

It had nothing to do with the player's ability to play the game well.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:I get 1-3 legendaries per hour now, and ~95% of the gear is tailored to your class when it drops. Back during launch I got ALL my gear from the AH. Hours and hours of grinding got me zero pieces of gear that were even halfway decent. 34 hours into my new character I made for 2.0 and I haven't needed to use the AH (which is now closed as of yesterday) once to get a gear upgrade. I've even got a nice stash of legendaries and rares to use with any alts I decide to level.

Yeah I'm really surprised at how good the drops are. Almost always magical and rares are not as rare as I would have thought. Got a couple legendaries as well.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I'm liking D3 a lot better than PoE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum