Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

have you guys seen the new cosmos series?

+4
Duck
JrTapia1991
Ante
Epyk MD
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

im digging it

Ante

Ante

yup. is good.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've been wanting to see it. I liked this vid he did I saw earlier today

Duck

Duck

saw the first episode. I didn't like how it tried to be all flashy like why is neil degrasse tyson in a spaceship. I hate when shows try to make things seem way more exciting and explosive than they really are with special effects.

Overall though i liked the actual content if not the delivery.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

its much better the second ep.

the ship is still there but toned down, and is used mostly as a metaphor.

Zillah

Zillah

Honestly I feel like the content is a little basic, I think I like NOVA more.

fun fact: I met Neil tyson once and got his autograph

Duck

Duck

yeah the content for the first episode was a bit basic for someone who watches something like nova or even vsauce or scishow but that was just the first episode. I just watched the second episode and its ramped it up a bit. theres a good explanation of how eyes could have evolved.

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah I thought the piece on the evolution of the eye was really good and eye opening. badum tish

Ante

Ante

The series is geared towards people who aren't already into "science." It's supposed to be flashy and broad.

Pariah

Pariah

have you guys seen the new cosmos series? TIVzwx8

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

wut.

Duck

Duck

Ante wrote:The series is geared towards people who aren't already into "science." It's supposed to be flashy and broad.

yeah i figured that would be the case from the onset but Sad

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Duck wrote:saw the first episode. I didn't like how it tried to be all flashy like why is neil degrasse tyson in a spaceship. I hate when shows try to make things seem way more exciting and explosive than they really are with special effects.

Overall though i liked the actual content if not the delivery.

That is how the original was.

Carl Sagan flew around in a spaceship to give the series a focus and some measure of scale.

I like it, but I find it strange that he can't pronounce the word "water" correctly. They should have just edited that part out of the second episode.

I also wish he didn't try to sound so earnest instead of just being a bit more matter-of fact in his delivery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum