the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

D00MSDAY DEVICE's quit smoking blog

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

D

I've been smoking for close to 20 years and I think it's time to try to give it up.

I am encouraged by Cramtron and JDM_Jev as they have both quit and are doing good so far. Keep up the good work guys.

I will be documenting my endeavor here in the hopes of garnering support from my SeC brethren and sisteren.

I know the first few days are going to be tough and stressful but I feel like I can possibly do it this time.

Wish me luck.

My last cigarette was had at approximately 7:30am (PST).

Share this post on: reddit

Post 2010-11-18, 12:52 by Guest

Good Luck D.

Thanks Detective.

Ron Swanson

Post 2010-11-18, 13:08 by Ron Swanson

you got this D! That stuff is tough to do but it will make you a stronger person when it's all done

Post 2010-11-18, 13:09 by Guest

I'm adding a pic in my "Day in the life of Zombee" just for you D.

Thanks Terry.

Can't wait to see that pic Detective.

I'm closing in on 2 hours since my last cigarette. I know 2 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things but trust me it's like a lifetime.

Post 2010-11-18, 13:14 by Guest

Are you just going cold-turkey or are you using medication/gum/etc?

Cold turkey. I've tried the other stuff before and none of it was too pleasant for me.

StormEye

Post 2010-11-18, 14:05 by StormEye

Go forth with endurance and pride, my man.

Thanks Stormy.

Alright 4 hours now and so far so good.

I have slight cravings for it but I've been strong. It's tough since I can easily bum from about 10 different people here. I went out to the smoking area during my break time and resisted the urge just fine though.

I'm on a junk food binge now though.

StormEye

Post 2010-11-18, 15:40 by StormEye

Keep up the great work.
Go go go!

Heebs

Post 2010-11-18, 15:56 by Heebs

go Big D!

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Post 2010-11-18, 15:59 by Mrs. Terry of Hat

Go D! Good luck, we know you can do it! /rah rah, cheerleader crap

Post 2010-11-18, 16:05 by Guest

Sgt. Al Apone wrote:
I'm on a junk food binge now though.

I'm working on my junk food addiction now. It's making me want a cigarette. lol...

Thanks ya'll.

LOL detective.

Post 2010-11-18, 16:14 by Guest

Good luck Doomsday! Very Happy

I don't really know what to say, because I've never helped somebody quit smoking, but I'm sure with your motivation, you'll be able to do it. Smile

Thanks Bob.

I appreciate the support everyone.

Post 2010-11-18, 16:20 by Guest

Good luck and just think about getting lung cancer every time you want to light one so you can put things into perspective or look at lungs affected by lung cancer.

Post 2010-11-18, 16:27 by Guest

We can all do it together bro.

crush them cravings dog. I've been chewing a shitload of gum lately to keep my mind off it D:

Thanks man.

It's been pretty easy (so far). I've been keeping really busy.

I also have a rubberband on my wrist and if i get the urge I just pop myself with it a few times. It's been working.

Waking up tomorrow will be the true test.

Post 2010-11-18, 16:35 by Guest

Yeah first day's the hardest, after three the cravings gradually go down.

On my second night I couldn't sleep at all since I wasn't thinking about it non-stop; I woke up at 3am and just lied in bed awake for around 4 hours before I got up. Hopefully you don't get that.

I hope not either man. I'm dreading tomorrow morning now just thinking about it. I already know I'm going to have the jonesy empty-headed feeling Mad

Post 2010-11-18, 16:41 by Guest

I've been drinking a lot of coffee too. Just try to have some previous engagement going so you can delay the smoking reflex until the cravings go down.

Try to get all your jackets washed too, they made me jones for one so bad.

Coffee goes hand in hand with cigarettes for me so I'm going to have cut down and possible out coffee.

Just typing that gave me an urge.

*pops self with rubberband

Post 2010-11-18, 16:55 by Guest

I used to drink coffee while smoking. Made for one crazy head-rush

I think I need a rubber-band now D:

Coffee and Cigarettes is so awesome they made a movie about it.

Post 2010-11-18, 17:01 by Guest

dammit where's a rubber-band

THE JONES

topic change is needed

ok, getting close to 24 hours.

It's getting really tough guys. Work has me raging, I'm totally not focus and keep going into a thousand yard stare. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold out but I am trying really hard.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-11-19, 11:09 by DRGN LRD 1213

Motivation baby you can do it!!! Think about Little D graduating! You want to be around for that right?!?! If you keep smoking you may not be so crush that pack you can do it!

Post 2010-11-19, 11:45 by Guest

Stay strong D.

Post 2010-11-19, 16:36 by Guest

stick with it D, if you can do the first three days the rest is a snap

I've been maintaining. Today has been difficult and I've been extremely edgy and short fused.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-11-19, 19:38 by 1fnbighen

have you tried an endless stream of good music? this fixed me when i was really spaced out due to stress.

Post 2010-11-21, 20:12 by Guest

still holding up okay doom?

I had a minor setback and had a couple this weekend but I'm ready to march on and continue the quitage.

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-11-22, 10:38 by DRGN LRD 1213

Nooooooo Must maintain the nonsmoking status D! You can do it!!!!

Ron Swanson

Post 2010-11-22, 10:44 by Ron Swanson

pretend the smoke is some harmful, noxious gas that will destroy your lungs if you breathe it........ oh wait Razz

hang in there D you got this!

Post 2010-11-22, 15:30 by Guest

How long has been now? Just keep hanging in there until the feeling of addicition fades away. It'll be tough, but you can do it. Smile

Does chewing gum or anything like that help?

Post 2011-12-28, 16:21 by Guest

Well.... How's this going D?

sheep

Post 2011-12-29, 01:40 by sheep

You can do it Doomsy my big black lover. I got myself one of those ecigs. They aren't too bad. Morning coffee is the worst though. Absolute worst.

JrTapia1991

Post 2011-12-29, 01:42 by JrTapia1991

do those ecigs really work?I've been trying to get my mom to quit for years...

but I don't think she really could....she's been smoking for like 40 years >__>

it's all in your DNA tho honestly,some people get lucky,I knew like a 90something year old man who has smoked at least like 3 packs a day of those cheap menthol mainstreet nasty cigs,since he was like 8,and....he's alright lol,has one of those breathing tubes because he has a little emphasema in only 1 lung but never got cancer

sheep

Post 2011-12-29, 01:45 by sheep

If you get the good ones. Mine feels like I'm smoking a real cigarette. I tried my coworkers that she picked up for $20 at the cigarette store.. Pretty muh the same difference as a light cig versus a full flavored one. You get what you pay for.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum