Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gun talk, for all of us who love the smell of freshly burnt powder in the morning.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I recently attended a local gun show and I have to say it was a blast. Learned a lot from the vendors as far as what I would be looking for in my rifles.

So far the AR15 is the most feasible, give or take around 800 to a 1000 bucks will get me a really nice rifle if I were to build one. The next would be a conversion of an M1A to an M14 EBR which can go upwards to almost 3000.00 and that's without optics. Won't be building that any time soon lol.

How about the rest of you fellow SEC gun lovers, what is your future plans, if you have any, for your gun collection? Smile

TexasMace

TexasMace

Well my AR lower hasn't come in yet but after that I will sell some antiques in the garage and get my upper from DSA.

My step son bought a Ruger 10/22 this weekend and we plan on putting some cool stocks on it so we can totally customize it.

If you start your AR build please post it, Artimise.

Chewy

Chewy

I don't plan on getting a gun for a year or two, but when I do my first buy will probably be an AK style SAIGA(these things are surprisingly cheap), or a cheap compact pistol.

And somewhere along the line I plan on getting a .45 pistol, most likely a 1911.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Yeah, I've been looking at the Saigas and they are really cheap which surprised me. A .45 is on my list as well and I love any 1911 style but I was looking at a Ruger or a Taurus. I plan on finishing my AR before anything else though.

Voltaire

Voltaire

A good .45 is a nice thing to have. We have a Springfield Armory Champion .45 which is smaller than a normal 1911 style .45. It's a really good gun and very accurate as well.

As for what I plan to get eventually.

I would like to get an M1A to add to my collection of the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.

I get real upset when I think about the M1A though because someone I know bought one new in the box for about $200 dollars from someone else I know. Mad

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

I have a Super Soaker 2200. It's beastly. I can bullseye womprats with it back home.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Voltaire wrote:A good .45 is a nice thing to have. We have a Springfield Armory Champion .45 which is smaller than a normal 1911 style .45. It's a really good gun and very accurate as well.

As for what I plan to get eventually.

I would like to get an M1A to add to my collection of the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.

I get real upset when I think about the M1A though because someone I know bought one new in the box for about $200 dollars from someone else I know. Mad

Holy crap! Only 200? Someone made off like a bandit, unless it needed a shit ton of work. Never really looked into the saiga's, but as for pistols, I think I'd invest in a Berretta FS, or a Kimber 1911. Only problem is trying to find one that fits my hand. I have small hands like a women according to some people o.O (no offense ladies).

@Volt
You thinking of getting NM model? I was looking at the Scout and SOCOM with the shorter barrels for my M1A, which I will be dumping the stock eventually to drop the reciever into an aluminum chasis.

Voltaire

Voltaire

If you have smaller hands then you may want to look into the compact versions of the 1911s.

I never saw the M1A because if I had known about it I would have done whatever I could to get it but apparently it was new in the box and didn't need any work done to it.

Also the version I would like to get is the SOCOM model with the 16" barrel like this one: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/59291-55.html

Or one of the Scout models with the 18" barrel like this: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/59290-55.html

All I would probably do to it would be to put a nice low magnification scope and a bi-pod on it.

My .357 is my baby. Shit stays in a lockbox at all times.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yeah, American eagle had some nice M1911's, but I'm not familiar with the brand. I like the shorter barrel M1A's as well. Always fun to shoot a full power round.

.223 is nice but at 600+ 700+ yards you may as well be shooting thumb tacks. You can really reach out at touch someone with the .308

Biggest problem though with the .308 for a civilian shooter is it's so damn expensive to shoot.

I badly want a .45. But I cant seem to find any 1911's that arent under 600. Im a big fan of powerful pistols. I prefer them to rifles Smile

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I highly doubt you'll find a .45 under 600 unless you go to a private sale. Even so, I'd inspect the pistol carefully to make sure it was cared for properly. But that goes without saying.

Personally I love how much you can do with rifles, and while pistols tend to be more affordable ammo wise, I prefer long distant marksmanship practice with a rifle. Though I definitely would like a 1911 eventually.

Honestly I have not shot many rifles in my life. Certainly nothing special. I love my handguns, but am curious to mu local laws and what kinds of rifles I can buy.

Chewy

Chewy

I have abnormally long fingers so the bigger the pistol the better for me probably.

I have an airsoft replica of a Smith and Wesson Mod 4506(real number might be slightly different), and it is a near perfect size. I'm guessing a 1911 would fit like a glove for me.

Yea ive got large hands as well. Bigger pistols are what I like. Ive shot a 1911 alot, and its perfect.

Voltaire

Voltaire

Artimise Flare wrote:Biggest problem though with the .308 for a civilian shooter is it's so damn expensive to shoot.

If you buy the ammo reloaded from spent casings then the .308 round isn't as expensive. There is a company out of Georgia that we get our ammo from at each gun and knife show and we have never had a problem with their ammo. For 50 rounds it's about $31 which isn't cheap but it's not bad.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

For those of you with large hands, a full size handgun would most likely be the best for you. My step father and my manager both have pretty large hands and the full sized pistols tend to fit them just fine.

I think my step father said Kimber is a really good brand to buy, they offer many pre set packages as far as M1911's, ranging from the most basic to the upgraded to be all tacticool and such.

True that reloaded ammo tends to be cheaper. I'm just not too experienced with the stuff, so I'd rather buy a brand name for now until I am a little more educated you know? Wouldn't want to cause damage to any of my rifles because of my own ignorance and all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum