Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help with Firewalls and internet connection and junk.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I haven't been able to connect to iTunes store in a few weeks on my laptop, I just get this message saying "Can't connect to the iTunes store. The Network connection has timed out".

Then a few days ago I tried downloading the free 10 day trail to WoW. And its not even letting me install it.
It just says connecting to server for several seconds. then it says "Unable to connect. Check you connection settings and firewall settings".

I tried going into my Windows Firewall and setting both as preferred programs, and still nothing. And the only security thing I have on my laptop is Norton Antivirus, and I don't even think its active.

Helpsies?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

connection problems are a bit out of my forte, sorry.

TexasMace

TexasMace

I don't know how to help for sure, Soap but you can try my methods.
Always turn off the modem/router for thirty seconds and plug it back in.
You may even want to go into your router and reset to default settings.
Make sure all Windows updates have been done.
Other than that it's a total crap shoot for me. If I think of anything else I'll let you know and good luck.

StormEye

StormEye

It might have nothing to do with your firewall, but a problem at your ISP's end.

I had times where I was not able to access XBL, and ISP denied it was their fault (which later they said it was their fault). First thing I would do it to reset all your internet related devices, and try again.

Also, you should try enabling DMZ for a brief period of time to see if firewall on your router was the problem (this is if you are using router of course).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum