New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantasy Football Guide

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Since we are trying to set up a FF league, and couple want to join, but are new and not sure how it goes, I'll do my best to cover the basics for everyone.

First, FF is a numbers game: You get points from your players for their performance in that week, what a guy did in week 1 does not carry over into week 2. Keep that in mind. 24 points week 1 does not add up with his week 2 score, each game is separate.

Our league is head to head match-ups, so it'll be your team against somebody else's, so you win or lose depending on if you have more points than the guy your going against. On to drafting.

After you sign-up and get all set you'll notice that your given a draft date, this is when you will build your team, so it is important to be there. As with the NFL draft, teams have draft positions (it's usually randomly generated) 1-12, and snakes around each round: So round 1 goes team1, team2, team3 and so on till team12. End of round 1. Start Round 2, it goes backwards, team12, team11 team10, and so on till team1 closes out round 2. Round 3 proceeds like round 1, and so on. So each pick "snakes" around the draft board. This is the most common type of draft, and considered the most fair.On draft day you'll find out you draft position, or pick number.

Once a player chosen by a team, is no longer available to picked, so if Adrian Peterson goes to the guy front of you, and you wanted him, Oh well. You can find draft listings from position, to the entire league online, or in any fantasy magazine.

Now you know how the draft works, lets work on what positions you need to fill.
Almost all FF scoring is offensive, so you pick primarily offensive positions.
QB=quaterbacks
RB=runningbacks
WR=wide reciever
TE=tight end
K=kicker (field goals)
Def/ST=Defense/special teams

When you draft you want (usually) 2QB's, anywhere from 2-6RB's (depends on the leauge), 3-5WR's (once again, depends on the league), 2TE's, 2K's, and 2DST's. You will be given roster positions to be filled before, and during your draft. Some advice, priority of picks usually goes RB>QB>WR>TE>K>DST, but you can do it anyway you like.

When you pick your player, keep in mind that you only start about half your team:1QB,2RB, about 2WR (give/take), 1TE, 1K,1DST. These are the guys that will make your score week to week, the rest are back-up's to your starter's. They usually play if a guy gets hurt, or on a bye week (when a team doesn't play).

That's it for now, I gotta go to work, and my laptop is dying, so I'll add more stuff in the coming days, Any questions, or comment, shoot me a PM, or leave a comment. Next will be: More drafting, and managing your team.

Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum