Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So our house is filled with HUNDREDS of damn flies.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Okay not our whole house, only 1 or 2 rooms.

We have two cats that have kittens, and to keep the kittens away from our dog who thinks they are squeky toys, we had to put them in teh laundry room until they are old enough to sell. And to keep our dog from getting in there, we have to go in through the back door if we need to feed them.

2 weeks ago I went in to check on them and saw that the whole room was swarming with flies. It was the only room in the house that they were in, and they didn't show up until that afternoon, as I had fed the cats that very morning and there was none.
So I threw in a huge load of laundry(we always have loads of lundry in that room since none of us like doing it)thinking that might be the problem. Replaced all the blankets for the cats with clean ones and washed the dirty ones. Changed and washed out the cat box. And then every hour started a new load.

The next morning they were gone. So I thought I had done my job well. 3 or 4 days ago they came back. And were there for one day. My mom bought a bunch of fly traps the next day, only for them to vanish that very day. As luck would have it, the very next day(yesterday I believe), they were back. So I hung two fly traps in the laundry room hoping they would work. And looked around and did any laundry and wiped down the washing and drying machines outsides and once again changed and washed out the cat box, and changed all their blankets. As I was leaving the laundry room after thoroughly cleaning it, I noticed that there was hundreds of dead flies in between the window on our laundry room door, and the screen. Now I know that flies can come from dead animals and crap, so I removed the window, cleaned it out, and washed the frame completely. And still nothing, they are stll everywhre.

Only this time they were staying in just the laundry room. They now decided to swarm the hall in-between the front of the house, and our back part. I think they are only their cause of the large light there, but I don't know. So I hung two traps there as well. And now they are all gone from the hall, save a few.
Went back in the laundry room just a few minutes ago, and lo and behold. Both traps are completly covered in flies(they are the sticky dangling tape like traps), and there is still hundreds flying around the room.

Its weird though, they won't leave that damn room. And that room is fucking clean, I should know, I cleaned it myself, and I don't clean shit.
But whats even weirder though, is none are in our kitchen or bathrooms where you would think most would be. My mom is seriously thinking of calling pest control, thats how bad they are, and we honestly can't find a damn reason they are there.

Now I know you might all be wondering why on Earth I would tell you all this. But truth is, I am bored out of my damn mind, and I can't find my homework and I am too damn lazy to look for it.

Share this post on: reddit

That sucks dude. Flies multiply are a ridiculous rate. We have the same issue in the laundry room in my apartment building.

It think it may have something to do with the heat the laundry room generates.

sounds wierd.
on a side not Flies can find a way into my window.
but they can't find there way out.
so they fly into the window and then slowly starve to death.
works better then fly traps IMO

Dead animal in your drier vent maybe?

Dropped Da Soap

Post 2011-12-28, 06:48 by Dropped Da Soap

So our house is filled with HUNDREDS of damn flies. 2458268739

Post 2011-12-28, 12:45 by chunckylover53

I was just about to comment but i see this is over a year old...

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2011-12-28, 12:51 by DRGN LRD 1213

Why are we bringing up dead topics.......???????

Dropped Da Soap

Post 2011-12-28, 15:07 by Dropped Da Soap

HEY! Hey ask him. Notme.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum