Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking of leaving the site, and possibly video games.

+17
Keyser Söze
Metalzoic
Wacco
sheep
Zillah
BmmFlash
1fnbighen
Crombie
Duck
MEGA MILK
Chewy
Epyk MD
Symbolic
Captain Pirate Pineapple
The Adli Corporation
chunckylover53
Dropped Da Soap
21 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

To focus on school for a few months. Kind of slacked off over the years and its finally bit me in the ass.
My math is keeping me from graduating. I have great grades in every other class, but I don't have a single High School Math credit to my name.

And due to that, and going at the current rate I work on my school, I wont be graduating until I am 20.

So, thinking of packing away my 360, DS and other systems. And all my precious comics. Putting a limit on my debit cards to only allow me to buy necassary stuff I need. And maybe put aside all internet devices and junk for a few months.

Now I am not even certain I am going to do all this. Just started thinking about it today, so I don't know. Might think about it for a few days or something. I don't know.

Kinda feeling depressed about it all too, shits hard ya know.

chunckylover53

Definately man. I wouldn't wanna have to stay in highschool for any extra years.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im having to stay in school an extra year becuase i screwed up my biology Mad

its definately a good idea to tone down the distractions if you need to get shit done. im lowering my Xbox use to an hour when i get home from school.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I made choices when I was in high school similar to this. Hard to do, but I completely understand why it needs to be done. I didn't want to stay in high school any longer than I did. Good luck with everything.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Soap man I would hate to see you leave. Seriously it sucks anytime an original member leaves. Maybe just cut down your goof off time till weekends? Thats what I had to do JR year.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

do what you need to do man. Good luck.

Chewy

Chewy

Good luck Soap, hope you pass math soon.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I don't have a single High School Math credit to my name.

What have you been doing?

chunckylover53

MEGA MILK wrote:
I don't have a single High School Math credit to my name.

What have you been doing?

I think i only got a C in Algebra 2 myself...

Duck

Duck

were you failing math classes or just not taking them?

Crombie

Crombie

Damn dude, go do what you need to do and then you can come back... We'll be here.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i say go for it. go cold turkey and get into a routine. i went off-site / xbox for a bit for school do. worked out great. if you need math help you could ask me/ anyone of us. im technically got all my math creds as a junior after this year. nothing bad will come of this soap unless you dont like your manhood growing three sizes.

Duck

Duck

I've been thinking similar thoughts lately, I realized that I've been wasting so much damn time playing video games my whole life when I should've been trying to get better grades and what not. My grades are still pretty good, but they're not what I could get with my full effort most likely.

I don't think SeC is a huge problem for me, but in general video games are going to have to go when I get to college. I won't survive the workload if I'm constantly distracted by Xbox.

chunckylover53

Ducksaws wrote:I've been thinking similar thoughts lately, I realized that I've been wasting so much damn time playing video games my whole life when I should've been trying to get better grades and what not. My grades are still pretty good, but they're not what I could get with my full effort most likely.

I don't think SeC is a huge problem for me, but in general video games are going to have to go when I get to college. I won't survive the workload if I'm constantly distracted by Xbox.

My first college semester was pretty rough i did fail one class(toke 4) though which made me feel like crap, but i passed everything else. Was also working part time so i only had one day off a week which is when i did all my homework and studying and did more studying during the week when i felt like i didn't understand the lecture too well.

I still played xbox.. But a lot less.

I was never a big fan of school but college is just a lot better the way it's set up and all. It actually made me like learning better.

Duck

Duck

I'm going for electrical engineering, and so far pretty much everyone has been "Abandon all hope ye who pass through this major" so I'm pretty scared.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Good luck man. I feel ya, though. Im afraid of failing chemistry right now.... Thankfully I have two more years.

chunckylover53

Ducksaws wrote:I'm going for electrical engineering, and so far pretty much everyone has been "Abandon all hope ye who pass through this major" so I'm pretty scared.

Ah it's like anything in life that people exaggerate about. People will say something is so hard and you'll have it in your mind that it's impossible then you'll do it and see that it's not as hard as they make it out to be.

Anything engineering based is a lot of work but that's why they get paid the big dollars. If you like it thought it should be enjoyable people say it's best to find something you enjoy and work with it. I have yet to find that...

Zillah

Zillah

Jeez I think the SeC is officially math challenged.

sheep

sheep

I know I'm math challenged.

Soap, go get your grades up kid! We'll still be here when you're done. School is way more important than anything else. It'll definitely get you a lot farther in life than slacking off playing video games and making kissing faces at Frostybread will.

Wacco

Pre-calculus is the bane of my existence right now. I don't know how I'm going to survive calculus next year.

Good luck Soap, do what you need to do man.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sounds like a good plan. More power to you... you filthy zombie.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Good luck man.

On another note, do you really need a debit card at 18?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Well I havent done any math cause I outright suck at it.

I am still doing Pre-Algeba, and I don't understand it at all. But I guess if I just sit down and focus for a few hours a day I should finish it soon.

But I need like 30 match credits, and 20 12th grade credits, and 35 elective credits to graduate.

The 20 12th grade, and 35 electives will be easy, just the math.

And Greg, I have a debit card because I have a job

scrittah

scrittah

Ducksaws wrote:I'm going for electrical engineering, and so far pretty much everyone has been "Abandon all hope ye who pass through this major" so I'm pretty scared.

It could be worse. You could be going into music.

*sob*

http://scrittah.tumblr.com

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Wacco wrote:Pre-calculus is the bane of my existence right now. I don't know how I'm going to survive calculus next year.

Good luck Soap, do what you need to do man.

feel for ya man. jsut got done with a test on derivitive functions and instanteaneous velocity

*shudder*

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

i'll probably have to do this too i have an F in algebra and English i have to have 250 credits to graduate and i go to a magnet school which makes it worse. but i pretty much can make all the elective credits just need to pass all four years of English/science 9(already am)/Algebra 1. looks like summer school for me, but i guess i deserve it
good luck soap

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

-.- seems like I need to ration the youngens SeC time..

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

where zoic when you need his harassing self!?!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

whatever you do I hope it works out for you soap. Either way don't forget about us, this place will still be here when you get your schoolin in order.

Duck

Duck

Good job Epyk, after Blizzard you are the next person to create digital crack for students.

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

Yeah I haven't been on for a while cuz I've had my extra-huge 3 hour finals in each of my subjects this week.

Halfway done then bai-bai high school hellhole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum