New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

FF Blog Part 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FF Blog Part 1 Empty FF Blog Part 1

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Okay, I'm going to try to keep a running blog for Speakeasy Jocks Fantasy Football league. I've always wanted to do this and I hope everyone likes it. I will try to be objective as possible, and will do my best to be insulting, I just want it to be a fun experience for everyone.

We had our first draft last night (hopefully, may we have many more), I think it went overly well. No one made major mistakes, and I was surprised by a couple peoples picks, on to the break down.

Biggest surprise: That goes to Yo Mama's Llama (bigfnghen) for taking CJ Spiller. I honestly didn't think anyone outside the FF vets would take him, but kudos to you Llama, good move, and it's official he's starting this week FF Blog Part 1 Icon_cheers .

Took him a little early: Goes to Llama too for taking Carson Palmer as overall 9th pick, alot big point QB's were still out there, but with TO and Ochocinco, Palmer may live up to that pick this year.

Stolen like a gold brick: goes to Braaaains (Mister Zombie) for getting Roddy White late in the 4th (32nd pick). Good steal.

Best Damn Auto-draft ever!!!: Goes to Majora's Fighting Ethics (Majora 1988). I think he has a beastly team, and he wasn't there to draft it, the computer did for him. I've done auto draft's every year I play, and this is the best one I've ever seen, I'm jealous.

Riskest Pick: Goes to Operation Doomsday (Doomsday Device), Jay Cutler mabe really go with a new offense, he maybe really bad with a new offense, and no offensive line, but with a new system comes new hope. D just may have gotten alot of points if it works out.

Quote of the night: I really don't want to put this in here, but I was laughing so hard from it, " Damn you Fox!!" as said by DRGNLRD1213 (DRGN LRD 1213).

Weekly Match-ups: week1

Mudshovlers vs. Braaaaaains

NFL.com projections say:

Mudshovlers-122
Braaaaaains-99

Good match-up on the first week, the 2 most experienced guys go head-to-head out of the gate. Braaaaaains have the tougher match-ups, Brady vs. Cincy, Jackson (with new QB, who seems to favor Maclin too) vs. The Pack, White vs. Pitt. One bright spot, C. Johnson vs. Oakland.

Operation Doomsday vs. DRGNLRD1213

NFL.com projections:
Operation Doomsday-101
DRGNLRD1213-83

Good match-ups all around for both teams OD: Cutler vs. Det., Calvin Johnson Vs. Chicago's shaky CB spot. DL: Romo, Austin vs. Wash., MJD vs. Den. My only concern, each team has a RB against a though defense this week, for OD: R.Rice vs. Jets, and for DL Grant (who historically starts off slow each season, but makes up for it later) vs. Philly.

Voltaires Volts vs. Yo Mama's Llama

NFL.com projections:

Voltaires Volts-90
Yo Mama's Llama-66

Two rookies dukein' it out. Though match-ups all around, Tuner vs.Pitt, Palmer vs. NE. Keep an eye on your bench players guys, Berrian might be a better pick this week over NYG's Smith, Berrian is one of the few WR Farve has from last year playing, he'll be a big target for him. VV, bench V. Jackson and start Dez Bryany, Jackson is suspended for the first 3 games this year, and he is a holdout from the team (in other words, he may not be playing this year till his whole contract dispute is resolved.

Asylum Inmates vs. Majora's Fighting Ethics

NFL.com projections:

Asylum Inmate-95
Majora's Fighting Ethics-109

Two teams drafted very well, and I expect this game to be closer than projected. Alot though match-ups (seems to all around) but Jerome Harrison vs. TB (MFE) makes me drool ( Harrison just got the starting job, and remember what he did last year?!) Shonn Greene vs. Bal. may not be in your favor, just my opinon.

Good luck to everyone this week. The projections are just for fun, so don't take them seriously. Comments, questions, hatemail, PM me.

Share this post on: reddit

DRGN LRD 1213

Post 2010-09-09, 11:45 by DRGN LRD 1213

Nice blog I like it!!!! Be nice to see how your predictions play out. I also though lama took Plamer early. Funny he was the only Begal I didn't want. I wanted Benson, and Och, and who get them. DAMN YOU FOX!!!!!!

Post 2010-09-09, 12:03 by D

Nice write up dude. I look forward to these each week. Maybe do some wrap ups on Monday also.

RE: Cutler, dude I took that with lots of apprehension, although I know Martz likes to sling the ball around a lot so I expect good things from Cutler but I'm worried about interceptions. We'll see how it works out though.

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-09-09, 12:14 by ConciliarFox

I feel you on Cutler, Martz likes to throw, I'm still not sold on the Bears recievers, and he's in a tough divison, he got to play GB and MIN twice.

I'm planning a wrap for each week, it'll be around tuesday or wednesday when I do it. wrap up the previous week and get into the next.

Voltaire

Post 2010-09-09, 12:20 by Voltaire

I like it. Very informative for beginners like me.

1fnbighen

Post 2010-09-12, 17:23 by 1fnbighen

so much for that projection right voltaire?
Yay two awards!

For next week i might win biggest upset

ConciliarFox

Post 2010-09-14, 12:08 by ConciliarFox

I'll have this weeks installment today or tomorrow

Post 2010-09-14, 12:09 by D

Sweet. Be sure to mention how I sucked it up with my player selection FF Blog Part 1 Icon_mad

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum