Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommend me some anime to watch on Netflix.

+20
Retired Muffbuster
unisyst
Shinma
Cubist Castle
Gary Effin' Oak.
MEGA MILK
scrittah
Air Supremacy
BmmFlash
batonpass
Ars Diaboli
Ante
chunckylover53
Metalzoic
Duck
Razzle Snazzle
asdf
Khfan60
Kyuubey
Dropped Da Soap
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

www.watchop.com - One Piece. My favorite. Good action, interesting characters, and a general pervasive zaniness throughout. It's absurd!

Also, I second Baccano!

Just recently started watching Naruto, which is kind of like One Piece, but with ninjas instead of pirates. It's better than I thought it would be.

Thumbs down for Bleach.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Hey now, Bleach isnt THAT bad./ The whole Serieti part was awesome. Granted, after that they kinda dropped the bomb....

Shinma

Shinma

Top 3 anime's of all time: ( not sure if they're on xbox netflix though ) =/

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gantz
Elfen Lied

Watch them. Beware of blood.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

You think blood bothers me?

unisyst

unisyst

Shinma wrote:Top 3 anime's of all time: ( not sure if they're on xbox netflix though ) =/

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gantz
Elfen Lied

Watch them. Beware of blood.

Gantz was awesome, but the manga is better. Naruto and Bleach where what got me into anime. I perfer heavy action where there is some kind of a cool plot device (Death Note)), or special abilities the characters have for some reason. Long series animes use filler to pad eps while they wait for more mangas (as they follow it mostly 1:1)

I don't think Full Metal Alchemist was suggested. Such a good anime (there are two series of this the non manga following story, and the reverse) I perfered the non manga story as it was super tight and had great twists.

So those and including others in a list:
Naruto (SKIP FILLER, use http://www.narutohq.com/naruto-shippuden-fillers.php)
Bleach (Filler isn't nearly as bad as Naruto but http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=488149 to skip it. Unless you really like it, you can stop watching right when the Bound filler arc starts. The only way I can say it without spoiling is after they accompish the main goal.)
Death Note (So epic, awesome story, mind fucks, oh shit moments, etc)
Full Metal Alchemist (FMPanic is totally different, but a really good comedy anime)
Gantz (Anime differs from the Manga, the Manga is MUCH better in terms of keeping the story going and having neat things happen)
Ergo Proxy (Very dark, dystopian style world anime. Sci-Fi. Some aspects are hard to follow.)
Get Backers (Has 2 parts, one random things happen, second part they follow a main event per ep till it finishes)
Guren Laguen (Makes fun of other animes so you can watch it later on to have a laugh. Mecha - meaning they use large humanoid robots)
Eureka Seven (Mecha, decent for a love story [not 100% love story, but it's a huge part of the story])
Samurai Champloo (Very good. Great characters, great action. It's takes place around the end of the Samurai era but they mix in Hiphop in very funny ways competely randomly)
Trigun (VASHU THE STAMPEEDU. Action takes place in the future but isnt super Sci-Fish; more Wild Western style)
Ghost in the Shell (Very Sci-Fi, robots. Most people are cyborgs (some even nearing 100%). The Watchowski brothers said this influenced The Matrix)

I would watch any one of these again, they were all excellent. Ghost in the Shell is probably the ONLY one you can watch Dubbed as they had SUBERB professional voice actors (the guy who did Wallace Breen from Half Life 2 does a voice in this). Although, the Tamigotchis (Er I mean Tachikomas) are pretty the fuck annoying in the dubbed version (if that bugs you a lot then watch subbed).

Naruto is worth giving a shot, same with Bleach. There are certain points you should be into it by, if you're not don't keep watching it. I can tell you what those parts are but they will have a tiny (very tiny) amount of spoilers.

Naruto:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Bleach:
Spoiler:

ALSO I have NO CLUE if these are on Netfix. There is a really good place you can get a truck load of anime at your max internet speed. It costs 5 bucks a month but it's worth it if you're getting like 10-20 series at 25-300 eps a peice. http://national-anime.com (FTP unlimited connections I believe) they have folders and folders and folders and folders of anime.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Damn, nice list oyu.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I order you to watch Baccano!

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I will. As soon as I finish Death Note, Full Metal Panic, and Blassreiter

Retired Muffbuster

Retired Muffbuster

What the hell is anime to begin with?

chunckylover53

Retired Muffbuster wrote:What the hell is anime to begin with?

Too hard for you to understand apparently.. cyclops

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Recommend me some anime to watch on Netflix. - Page 2 Not-sure-if-serious

Retired Muffbuster

Retired Muffbuster

Higurashi wrote:
Recommend me some anime to watch on Netflix. - Page 2 Not-sure-if-serious

Dead Serious.. Never heard of anime before

Zillah

Zillah

...Im not an anime fan but I even know what it is.

haha, i kinda like how youve never heard of it though Razz

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

It's animated Japanese programming. Like Dragon Ball Z for instance.

Coincidentally, it's also one of the very few places to find some decent action on TV nowadays. CSI: Toronto doesn't count.

Retired Muffbuster

Retired Muffbuster

Dante wrote:It's animated Japanese programming. Like Dragon Ball Z for instance.

Coincidentally, it's also one of the very few places to find some decent action on TV nowadays. CSI: Toronto doesn't count.

Haha never watched or seen anything about dragon ball z so i still have no clue!

I dont get to watch much tv anymore so i hardly know if there is anything good on tv anymore. only thing i get to watch for my own pleasure really is Playboy tv and the movie channels that you have to pay for haha.

west1132

Exclamation Exclamation CHOBITS!!!!! YOU MUST WATCH CHOBITS!!!!!

Duan

Duan

only 10 months old this time

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Retired Muffbuster wrote:
Dante wrote:It's animated Japanese programming. Like Dragon Ball Z for instance.

Haha never watched or seen anything about dragon ball z so i still have no clue!

I dont get to watch much tv anymore so i hardly know if there is anything good on tv anymore. only thing i get to watch for my own pleasure really is Playboy tv and the movie channels that you have to pay for haha.

It's also the subject matter for a staggering amount of discussions on the internet.

You have to be really lucky to avoid it entirely.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow....who bumped thhis/

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

west1132 wrote:Exclamation Exclamation CHOBITS!!!!! YOU MUST WATCH CHOBITS!!!!!

This guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum