Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I checked out the BC2 GameFAQs board.

+5
1fnbighen
Same
StormEye
Kyuubey
Majora1988
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Majora1988

Majora1988

That was a mistake, its now just like the MW2 board, and also full of people defending C4 UAV, AT mining the Objective, and dickholes.

Guess we were keeping the riff-raff away on that board.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I stopped posting on that board a few weeks after the game came out, so I never had to deal with the idiocy you guys did.

StormEye

StormEye

I tried helping those that I remember, by answering questions and such.

However, it seems like the newer people just have not gone through the "struggles" of cheap tactics to realize them as cheap.

Same

Same

I'm now glad that I joined while you guys were on GFAQs =D

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Mama Luigi wrote:I'm now glad that I joined while you guys were on GFAQs =D

same here. that board was the one that made me stop lurking and sign up. Tnx guys.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

The Animal Crossing: Wild World board was the one that made me sign up. >_>

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:The Animal Crossing: Wild World board was the one that made me sign up. >_>

YOU PLAY THAT GAME?! I LOVE ANIMAL CROSSSSSSSINGGGGGGGG :3

I did a lot of crazy stuff online with people Very Happy

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Mama Luigi wrote:
Higurashi wrote:The Animal Crossing: Wild World board was the one that made me sign up. >_>

Lol. I used to play that game all the time. The Gamefaqs community was great. I remember every Monday, someone would have a really high Turnip price, and everyone went to their town to sell their Turnips. The community started to fall apart with all of the hackers popping up (Some of them made awesome towns, though). After seeds started popping up everywhere, I just quit.

I made a lot of awesome internet friends there.

I signed up for Fallout 3, but I rarely posted.
Then I got pretty involved in the Dragon Age board.

Back in like 2000, though, I signed up for Baldur's Gate.
If I could have remembered the password for that account, I probably would have had fuckloads of karma by now. Not that it means anything. Lol, karma.

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Lol. I used to play that game all the time. The Gamefaqs community was great. I remember every Monday, someone would have a really high Turnip price, and everyone went to their town to sell their Turnips. The community started to fall apart with all of the hackers popping up (Some of them made awesome towns, though). After seeds started popping up everywhere, I just quit.

Do you still play? I might go play it again... Is shoddy that pokemon program? o.o

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Mama Luigi wrote:
Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Do you still play? I might go play it again... Is shoddy that pokemon program? o.o

I don't even have the game anymore. Yes, Shoddy Battle is a Pokemon simulator.

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:
Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

I don't even have the game anymore. Yes, Shoddy Battle is a Pokemon simulator.

Now I has to ask? What tiers? and Smogon or Novelty sets?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I play UU and I use Smogon sets.

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:I play UU and I use Smogon sets.

Eww.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Mama Luigi wrote:

Eww.

I'm new to it, so I don't really know how to use anything other than Smogon sets.

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Eww.

I'm new to it, so I don't really know how to use anything other than Smogon sets.
xD I love making my own, using a physical togekiss isn't a bad idea I found out.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Mama Luigi wrote:
Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Eww.

xD I love making my own, using a physical togekiss isn't a bad idea I found out.

Don't people think you are a retard?

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:
Higurashi wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Eww.

Don't people think you are a retard?

Well, sometimes. I managed to 6-0 someone with it. I do a bunch of stuff.

Twitchy

Twitchy

I play Very Happy But only OU D:

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

On my main team, I use a Choice Scarf Kabutops. Someone called me a retard for having it, but I ended up winning because of it. He had 1600 CRE, so he didn't suck.

I also love using Aggron with Substitute and Magnet Rise.

Twitchy

Twitchy

What's CRE? :O

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

It's basically a rating of how good you are.

Twitchy

Twitchy

Oh. How does one view their CRE?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Twitchy wrote:Oh. How does one view their CRE?

Right click on your name in the member list, and click "View Record"

You can also type /record Your name into chat.

StormEye

StormEye

I signed up some time ago for some random reason, but I only started posting in this board.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959199-sd-gundam-g-generation-wars

Behold my Asian'ness

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I signed up for chromehouds(RIP) and COD4.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

darks cred is 69 9 lol

Half of the people on Smogon are elitist imbeciles by the sounds of it. My younger sister plays vs. competetive battle sets and wins about 70-80% of the time with mixed tier Pokemon. But then again, I could be wrong.

The number one thing that I still have yet to understand is why they have tiers based off how much that Pokemon is used than it's actual power.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

DrBob276 wrote:Half of the people on Smogon are elitist imbeciles by the sounds of it. My younger sister plays vs. competetive battle sets and wins about 70-80% of the time with mixed tier Pokemon. But then again, I could be wrong.

The number one thing that I still have yet to understand is why they have tiers based off how much that Pokemon is used than it's actual power.

They are based on usage because it's impossible to tell how good a pokemon is ( Though some are obviously bad/good) If a pokemon is too powerful, or if it is being used too much, they move it up a tier.

Your sister is probably playing bad people. The battles don't start becoming real competitive until you have over 1500 CRE.

Yeah, she kinda just plays against random people, but I've watched some matches online of random battles, and some comptetive people, even the revered ones seem pretty stupid sometimes. Like swithing out a pokemon that is going to die next turn from a burn, and allowing the next pokemon to take damage from a blow, then if they lose that Pokemon, and have to switch the other one out, it faints. I thought it was a Marriland battle, but I could be wrong. But they switch too much sometimes. I personally like double battles, because there's more strategy though. Single battles are switch fests.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

DrBob276 wrote:Yeah, she kinda just plays against random people, but I've watched some matches online of random battles, and some comptetive people, even the revered ones seem pretty stupid sometimes. Like swithing out a pokemon that is going to die next turn from a burn, and allowing the next pokemon to take damage from a blow, then if they lose that Pokemon, and have to switch the other one out, it faints. I thought it was a Marriland battle, but I could be wrong. But they switch too much sometimes. I personally like double battles, because there's more strategy though. Single battles are switch fests.

I don't really like double battles. Triple battles look interesting, though.

Who are you watching that does that?

I thought it was Marilland vs. somebody else, and Marriland made the blunder. I could be mistaken though. Either way, I guess even chess grandmasters have their mistakes. I'm not really looking forward to triple battles personally; even though it kinda does remind me of playing a Kings and Knights game with MtG ca....you didn't hear me say I play that game. >_> xD

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I don't know what that game is.

Also, we have zombies to kill.

Sorry, I'm talking to an old friend, so it may be a while. Sad

But I can't remember the game, I could of sworn it was Marriland though, but he switched out a Gengar that was poisioned and had almost 0HP remaining, which made me say "WTF?!" because switching to it later mean't it would've died. Also, some people switch when their pokemon is put to sleep, but if the other person expects this (much like my sister does), she'll just use the move again and put the next to sleep. When I play, I generally don't switch unless there's a good reason.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

DrBob276 wrote:Sorry, I'm talking to an old friend, so it may be a while. Sad

But I can't remember the game, I could of sworn it was Marriland though, but he switched out a Gengar that was poisioned and had almost 0HP remaining, which made me say "WTF?!" because switching to it later mean't it would've died. Also, some people switch when their pokemon is put to sleep, but if the other person expects this (much like my sister does), she'll just use the move again and put the next to sleep. When I play, I generally don't switch unless there's a good reason.

Gengar can't be poisoned since he is a poisoned type

It's against the rules to put more than one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep.

Sorry, not poisoned, burned.

Really? That's a stupid rule. That's like playing CoD and only being allowed to go on a one kill streak. Maybe that's why I don't play competitively though; I can't stand all the ridiculous little rules, like the item clauses, the tiers, the sleep clause, and all that other jazz. There should be one rule: anything goes, but don't do something ridiculous.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

DrBob276 wrote:Sorry, not poisoned, burned.

Really? That's a stupid rule. That's like playing CoD and only being allowed to go on a one kill streak. Maybe that's why I don't play competitively though; I can't stand all the ridiculous little rules, like the item clauses, the tiers, the sleep clause, and all that other jazz. There should be one rule: anything goes, but don't do something ridiculous.

It would be hell if there were no rules. The sleep clause is extremely important because of Breloom and Darkrai. Breloom has Spore, which is a 100 percent accurate move, and Darkrai has an 80 percent accurate move. Entire teams would be put to sleep.

I forogt about that. Darkrai has Dark Void doesn't he (which if I can remember, puts 2 to sleep, fucking ridiculous), and yeah Spore, would be pretty crazy. But aren't there pokemon with abilities like Insomnia and such though?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Yes, but there are very few, and none of them are good (except Primeape, who only counters Darkrai, but would lose to Breloom)

Well, that's a good point.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

There's nothing wrong with the rules at Smogon. The entire community decides what the rules are, not just a few people who run the site.

I thought they were one of those typical elitist groups that have a couple of people who thinks what's right decide what to do, much like a lot of other places, that's just the feeling I got, but I guess I was wrong. : /

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

ill stick too pikachu...

So I checked out the BC2 GameFAQs board. Pikachu

hes vicious

xD

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

So I checked out the BC2 GameFAQs board. S2-pikachu
squirtle isnt bad either

StormEye

StormEye

Haven't played pokemon in a LONG time.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

StormEye wrote:Haven't played pokemon in a LONG time.

PLAY IT NOW!

So I checked out the BC2 GameFAQs board. 158

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i play it on my old ass sp firered was the shit

I haven't played for a few months; I play it mainly for tradition, considering I've played since the 1st Generation (I remember getting it for my birthday, my 10th I think, Yellow Version and a Gameboy color)

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i have not seen one shiny pokemon..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum