My computer forgot how to do math apparently... or doens't like starcraft

+2
asdf
Duck
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

I downloaded the demo on my laptop. now I'm trying to move it over to my desktop.

I'm choosing to use removable storage instead of redownloading 7gb off the internet for obvious reasons.

But when I try to move the 7gb of files on to an empty 8gb flash drive, it says the disk destination is full.

So I try to stick it on to my sisters 50gb ipod which has 21gb of free space. It still says its full and can't fit.

Last time I checked 21 > 7. My computer forgot how to do math or something.

asdf

asdf

The flash memory cells cant take more than half of the drives total size in one file.

Ante

Ante

Spy...ke wrote:The flash memory cells cant take more than half of the drives total size in one file.

My computer forgot how to do math apparently... or doens't like starcraft 0vsc1

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Where do you get those spider man pictures?

Ante

Ante

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/60s-spider-man

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Thanks Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I always wondered where you got these lol.

My computer forgot how to do math apparently... or doens't like starcraft %3Ca%20href=My computer forgot how to do math apparently... or doens't like starcraft 131378481270
See more on Know Your Meme" border="0" />

scrittah

scrittah

Not to mention FAT32 drives can't take any single file that's over 4GB. So that might be a problem

http://scrittah.tumblr.com

Duck

Duck

Spy...ke wrote:The flash memory cells cant take more than half of the drives total size in one file.

But my sister's ipod is like 40gb. 20>7. Even if the thing could only hold 20gb (which the amount of free space) 10 is still > 7.

I even tried a god damn external hard drive and it gave me the same error.

I was going to split it in to volumes but I came up with a better idea. I just installed SC2 on my shitty laptop and then just cut and paste the program files folder from my laptop to the program files folder in my dad's good computer.

Which was pretty awesome because it automatically installed the game that way instead of me having to wait another half an hour for the game to install.

asdf

asdf

Correction: fat 32 can only handle 4gb file sizes.

Solid State drives need smaller file sizes because it manages data in "blocks" and can only delete an entire block at a time. So my incorrect statement applies to SSD and not flash drives.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum