Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Total Biscuit plays Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I know some of you have played the demo and have seen some footage of the game, but the fan boy squealing is entertaining enough.

Anywho, I just played through the demo for the second time on Steam and it's possibly one of the most fun hack and slash games I've played in a very long time. The executions are always satisfying to perform, especially on the "lieutenant" units such as the Nobs. The combat is smooth, visceral and utterly intense. If the demo is any indication of what to expect from the full version, I highly suggest that if you love block buster action games with ample amounts of gore and the ability to switch from melee to ranged combat on the fly, not to mention a love for Sci Fi settings, you really can't go wrong with Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

looks like a really cool sci fi game.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Honestly, I simply can't get enough of the game so far. I've gone through the demo at least 5 times already, the Inquisitor snippet is certainly my most favorite so far due to the fact that you can just get into the thick of it and go bat shit crazy. The executions on lieutenant enemies like the Nobz are so much fun. One of them you bend the ork over and come down across the back of the neck like a guillotine, so freaking satisfying. I normally don't care for games that have to smashing one button over and over again, but the over the top action sequences make up for that so far. I just hope you can do stuff like that online, though from the game play I've seen, melee looks like it may be at a slight disadvantage, we'll have to wait and see. God though it's so freaking fun lol.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah it is fun. I'm still bummed that all the melee combat is is: x,x,x,y or x,x,y etc...

I also wish guns were mixed into melee like: x,x,shoot,y,shoot etc...

Like slash this dude, whack that dude, shoot the guy behind you then grab him and while holding him shoot a different dude. That's really the way the dev has been making it sound this whole time and I was surprised that melee and shooting are completely separate. Feels like a huge missed opportunity.

Still looking forward to it though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum