Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other racing games, are you even trying?

+7
Ante
Bama Psycho
infadel117
Symbolic
chunckylover53
Grey
MEGA MILK
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Grey

Grey

What the fuck?! I want that NOW! Look at 1:58. HOLY SHIT!

chunckylover53

Looks extreamly arcadey but not bad.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Holy hell that looks awesome. Ive wanted a track builder like that for years.

infadel117

infadel117

this is officially the first racing game i actually would spend my own money on to get i want it

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Trackmania Nations Forever is free on Steam...not sure if its any good though. Downloading it now.

Ante

Ante

Arcade racers aren't my cup of tea.

Also, "world most popular PC racing game." More like ONLY PC racing game. Rolling Eyes

Bring on Forza 4.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

OMG THAT RELEASES ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want

chunckylover53

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Arcade racers aren't my cup of tea.

Also, "world most popular PC racing game." More like ONLY PC racing game. Rolling Eyes

Bring on Forza 4.

After i've played Forza 3 i just liked sim racers a lot better.. I still have a lot of events left in forza 3 though so i am not really sure if i'll be getting 4 right away. Depends on school and whatever other games i have at the moment i guess..

asdf

asdf

Bring on Forza 4.

Ehem, iRacing with a logitech g27, that is all.

Ante

Ante

ThePeavstenator wrote:

Bring on Forza 4.

Ehem, iRacing with a logitech g27, that is all.

I just thought it was funny because of how small the PC racing community is. If there's one thing consoles have on PC, it's racing games.

asdf

asdf

Yeah, that's what's kind of nice about iRacing though. Most of the people I race with get the idea that driving a high-performance car is a lot more than the console-"brake in the turn, accelerate out". GT5 on PS3 sort of closed the gap.

chunckylover53

ThePeavstenator wrote:Yeah, that's what's kind of nice about iRacing though. Most of the people I race with get the idea that driving a high-performance car is a lot more than the console-"brake in the turn, accelerate out". GT5 on PS3 sort of closed the gap.

I think everyone who has ever driven a car gets that idea.

Zillah

Zillah

Can someone explain to me how driving a high performance car is harder than driving a normal car? (im not doubting that its true, just curious).

asdf

asdf

A high performance car is a lot more manual (when it's set for racing). You'd be surprised at how much your car does for you. The car usually has more weight distributed on the bottom. This makes it a bit easier to corner without flipping but makes the turns have an entirely different feel. Transmission is manual as well as your brakes (racing leagues usually ban ABS). Your tires are more set to grip well on pavement but as soon as you hit the grass all of your grip is gone because your tires are now cool. Also you need to account for where your engine is in your particular car. Engines in the back can cause spinouts on hard turns and engines in the front can experience understeer.

Ante

Ante

I turn off all the driving assists (ABS, TCS, etc) minus the suggested line in Forza 3.

chunckylover53

Zillah wrote:Can someone explain to me how driving a high performance car is harder than driving a normal car? (im not doubting that its true, just curious).

If a car has more kick to it you have to be more alert in what you're doing(Usually why fast cars =high insurance rates). I think peavs is really talking about raceing in general most people just have an automatic transmission now. I've never driven a manual myself though so i am not really sure what that's like but for raceing you use a manual with a clutch so you can switch gears without dropping RPM's which is like your accelration.

Also for Forza i turn off all the assists aswel. I won't lie though when i get bored i let the hired driver do a lot of it like the edurance races i can't stand.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I'm not a big racing game fan. Back in the day I played Gran Turismo (2 & 3) a good bit but thats about it. Unless you consider Mariokart, then I play racing games all the time.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Vinyl Scratch wrote:I turn off all the driving assists (ABS, TCS, etc) minus the suggested line in Forza 3.

Spoiler:

Ante

Ante

MEGA MILK wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:I turn off all the driving assists (ABS, TCS, etc) minus the suggested line in Forza 3.

Spoiler:

Other racing games, are you even trying? KLp4e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum