Zillah
Admin
chunckylover53
Shaymojack
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

http://bf3blog.com/2011/12/physical-warfare-pack-available-to-playstation-3-owners/
I hate seeing that blank spot where the T88 is and not being able to do anything about it.

chunckylover53

In a week? I got it the day Karkand came out.

Admin

Admin

picked one up once and fell into an unrequited love

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

Zillah

Zillah

I hope the Type 88 feels like it did in BC2. That gun handled so well imo

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What? I thought everybody just unlocked it normally?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I swear I thought everything in the warfare pack just gave you the stuff early

>__> not long after I unlocked the sks I got that flash hider for it

the striker is like....some all kit weapon

and,T88 is one of the last lmgs to unlock i think

StormEye

StormEye

That pack basically listed out the weapons pretty much obsolete, when there was no patch issued.

Zillah

Zillah

I dont think flechette rounds are out. And Ive never seen the Type 88

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

is flachette better than buckshot?

the description confuses the fuck outta me dude lol...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Type 88 was the very first weapon I had a star with.

StormEye

StormEye

JrTapia1991 wrote:is flachette better than buckshot?

the description confuses the fuck outta me dude lol...

Buckshot cannot achieve multikill, or able to penetrate wooden fences.

40mm buckshot is actually not buckshot, but flechette as default, so it does not count.

Flechette suffers from lackluster damage in exchange for cover penetration.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

What stormy mean is Fleschette rounds suck, unless you plan on lining your enemies up in a single file line. then its fantastic!

Zillah

Zillah

Terrinator wrote:What stormy mean is Fleschette rounds suck, unless you plan on lining your enemies up in a single file line. then its fantastic!

What Terry means is unless youre at grand bazaar B flag, then youre better off with Buckshot

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

ahh....it would be cool to bunker down with a shotgun with flachette then Smile

damn it....I want BF3 already Very Happy uurgghh this week tho most likely Smile

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I prefer flechettes myself.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

my bro said the physical warfare pack is on the marketplace for free right now?

I guess I'll download it lol.tomorrow sometime

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Unlocked for everyone on PC today. Excited to use the T88 in a bit.

Grey

Grey

T88 is good on a bipod, other than that, it's kick is pretty hard to compensate for over long sustained fire.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

everything is good on a bipod

Zillah

Zillah

if you can get it to deploy...

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

exactly. i prefer foregrip everytime

StormEye

StormEye

If you can get it to deploy properly...

I wish they have a separate button to force deploy, and remove auto deploy.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't really had an issue getting it to deploy properly >_>

Zillah

Zillah

Its usually not a problem, except sometimes ill spend a minute or so trying to get it to deploy on the ground while prone. Evil or Very Mad

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

The only time it gives me trouble is when I try to use it on a hill or something, generally somewhere it wasn't meant to be used that I eventually get to work anyway.

StormEye

StormEye

It still ALWAYS gives me problem if I try to deploy it on a brick (concrete?) blocks, that are destructible even with gun fire. It deploys the LMG so that I am aiming into the block, and I can't see anything...

It also sometimes does not deploy when I ADS, but it deploys when I exit ADS, wasting enough time for target to run away, or kill me.

Its great when it works, but its got some nasty habits which are still not fixed.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I've had the concrete block happen a few times, though I was still able to see and shoot because the tops were already somewhat destroyed. It was actually kind of beneficial because of the extra cover it provided.

StormEye

StormEye

Its not exactly that beneficial, because once you start getting shot, it gets destroyed even with bullets.

The coding needs to change to determine where is the top of the border of the 3d model, when it is fully in tact.

Crombie

Crombie

StormEye wrote:
Buckshot cannot achieve multikill, or able to penetrate wooden fences.

40mm buckshot is actually not buckshot, but flechette as default, so it does not count.

Flechette suffers from lackluster damage in exchange for cover penetration.

Terrinator wrote:What stormy mean is Fleschette rounds suck, unless you plan on lining your enemies up in a single file line. then its fantastic!

Zillah wrote:What Terry means is unless youre at grand bazaar B flag, then youre better off with Buckshot

Metalzoic wrote:I prefer flechettes myself.

Flechette is great, guys are always running around behind fences and such. I find myself gravitating towards hallways now just for the lawls of firing one round and taking out 2 guys. I run with Flachette + RDS (first unlock) + situational* I also usually put on suppression as the squad spec. Combined with the tacklight, you essentially get 2 free shots as the enemy has no idea whats going on.

They really, REALLY need to do something about the slug rounds though. I had read weeks ago they were going to make it OHK to the chest at close range but have yet to notice the difference. It makes slugs almost useless if they don't function similarly to Buck and Flech up close.

* - Tacklight for tunnels, Extended mag for almost everything else.

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Physical Warfare Pack now available for PS3; PC and 360 should get it in a week Aa421d1d7f290650

StormEye

StormEye

Pump slug does 100 damage for until JUST below 10m.

So, if you are up close, its a guaranteed kill, but the damage drops off rather fast, and it does semi-auto minimum damage at maximum range.

The talk about ohk to the chest was for bolt action, but I have no idea what happened to that, and I was against it anyway. Though, if it comes true, then its even easier time for me running around with bolt action.

Crombie

Crombie

Physical Warfare Pack now available for PS3; PC and 360 should get it in a week 12gcha10

This is the chart your refering to, right? Slugs, have a OSK up to 8.5 meters, which is EXTREMELY close and leaves virtually no room for error. It should be increased significantly, because if your one shot misses your dead. And I think that's fair; you get one chance or your ground beef, it's not like even reload cancelling is an option with how slow you pull out your pistol. When trying out slugs, I'd constantly get 90+ kill assists and I figured they were dead-to-rights range.

Personally, I'd like to see it raised to 25m OSK then drop off more steeply.

And here's why, there's a couple things to consider with Flechette/Buck vs Slug, Let's look at the potential damage at 20m:

Slugs = 76 @ 20m (aprox)

Buckshot = 8.8 - 105 @ 20m. Buck and flechette have 12 projectiles. To be fair I'll only count half of them hitting due to spread. So approx 52.8 dmg

Flechette = 10.65 - 127.8 @ 20m. Again I'll only count half hitting, so 63.9 dmg.

Looks pretty cut and dry right? Slugs seem to be the better choice? Well then why do I get 1 shot kills at these distances using flechette? Are all rounds hitting? I kind of doubt it, instead what I've noticed is the head shot multiplier. With all shotguns it's 2.4 instead of the usual 2.0, with fletchette and buck shot it's MUCH easier to hit the head simply due to the amount of projectiles. The slugs, it's a one time chance. Also it's plain to see that there's still the potential to kill at that distance with buck/flechette if lady luck is with you and most of your projectiles hit. Not so with the slug unless you head shot.

The ONLY reason i could see using slugs would be with the semi autos as the min damage at distance is identical to the pump so a faster shooting gun would be beneficial.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

1fnbighen wrote:exactly. i prefer foregrip everytime

So much of that. I use a foregrip on almost everything, especially LMG's.

Shaymojack wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't really had an issue getting it to deploy properly >_>

And this too. Ive never had a problem with it working before.

StormEye

StormEye

While I do agree that slug can, the "should" needs a further analysis, use a ohk zone boost, the 25m is way too long.

You have to understand that that is the usual engagement distances for most guns and players.

Slug should and has been a choice for those that are comfortable with their shots, and the fact that you have to go for headshot for any distance shooting is the main trade off compared to buckshot.

Putting in 25m just makes it noob friendly, and completely makes buck obsolete except for those players who truly have horrible aim that they cannot see themselves hitting a target without the help of spread effect.

Its a similar reason why I am against the ohk chestshot with bolt action that was (and maybe still is) in discussion.

Another change I can probably suggest is the higher minimum damage for pump, which should be just shy of 50, to make it forcible three shot kill at extended range, but two shot kill at mid distance.

Crombie

Crombie

StormEye wrote:While I do agree that slug can, the "should" needs a further analysis, use a ohk zone boost, the 25m is way too long.

You have to understand that that is the usual engagement distances for most guns and players.

Slug should and has been a choice for those that are comfortable with their shots, and the fact that you have to go for headshot for any distance shooting is the main trade off compared to buckshot.

Putting in 25m just makes it noob friendly, and completely makes buck obsolete except for those players who truly have horrible aim that they cannot see themselves hitting a target without the help of spread effect.

Its a similar reason why I am against the ohk chestshot with bolt action that was (and maybe still is) in discussion.

You're right 25m is the typical range of engagement, that's exactly why I suggested it. I don't think it makes it noob friendly at all to be honest, because you essentially get one chance in a shoot out. If you miss you're dead. You can't switch to your hand gun in time and the reload sequence is long enough that you'd unlikely get another chance.

Maybe that's the solution though? increase the "pump action" reload time ever-so-slightly to really emphesize you got one chance, don't fuck this up. That's how it felt in BC2, with slugs and mag ammo I think the OHK range was almost 30m (I can't quite remember) yet I didn't see slugs abused by everyone and their dog.

Remember too, you're likely moving, your target is likely moving while shooting you, AND you're likely getting suppressed while he is not. 1 chance, 1 shot and you can take him, I don't find that unfair in the least.

StormEye wrote:Another change I can probably suggest is the higher minimum damage for pump, which should be just shy of 50, to make it forcible three shot kill at extended range, but two shot kill at mid distance.

It's already like this with the 34 dmg at range, and up to 32m it's 2 shots. Sorry, but it's broken. The fastest rate of fire is 0.55 seconds meaning it'll take an additional 1.10 seconds at least, and if all three shots hit, to drop a guy. Not to mention accounting for the target running for cover, dropping to prone, shooting back, accounting for bullet drop etc. But I don't need to tell you this because you experience the same thing while sniping, the difference is that it takes 2 shots to the body, and 1 shot to the head for all ranges. What if it took 3 to the body and 2 to the head? (which is fucking mind boggling that it takes 2 head shots at 40m+) Do you think that would be fair? I don't either, and that's why I think the slugs need a boost.

I think I may start a new thread about this...

new thread here:http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t11146-slugs-for-pump-shotguns-are-currently-useless#207197

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum