Ante
Duan
Kenshiro
Duck
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

British kid to be extradited for doing things in Britain that happen to be illegal in the US. I'm pretty sure it says he's never even been to the US.

I agree that “ignorance of the law is not an excuse”, but seriously, I think ignorance of the laws of a country you don’t even fucking live in is a decent excuse. By this standard we should all be whisked off to North Korea to be executed for utilizing our free speech.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086310/Richard-ODwyer-extradition-Student-faces-10-years-US-jail-echo-Gary-McKinnon.html#ixzz1jYO9cOOn

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Oh shit.

Uh, brb.

Duan

Duan

WTF!

i mean seriously how can they do that?
and it did say "...Never left the north of England"

Ante

Ante

Well, if the spot about him earning money from advertising these sites is true... ehhhh... he should be punished. By being tried in the US? Maybe not, but making money by showing other people where to steal things is not something an innocent person does.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Well if it's legal there then he shouldn't be.

Duck

Duck

It is something an innocent person does if its not illegal, which apprently it's not in Britain.

Ante

Ante

Well, I can't feel bad for a guy who makes money by essentially selling stolen goods to people.

Pariah

Pariah

Ante wrote:Well, I can't feel bad for a guy who makes money by essentially selling stolen goods to people.
absolutely

Duck

Duck

Ok, how about you get extradited to Canada for some obscure clause regarding the MLP link in your signature which doesn't exist in the US, then tell me how you feel.

The whole concept of the US's laws applying to people outside of the US is just bull. Why don't they just replace the UK's governing system with the US's because obviously the UK doesn't seem to need one now that the US can just enforce its laws overseas.

Ante

Ante

Terrysmay04 wrote:Ok, how about you get extradited to Canada for some obscure clause regarding the MLP link in your signature which doesn't exist in the US, then tell me how you feel.

The whole concept of the US's laws applying to people outside of the US is just bull. Why don't they just replace the UK's governing system with the US's because obviously the UK doesn't seem to need one now that the US can just enforce its laws overseas.

Well, it doesn't exist, so yeah... and besides, Hasbro is based in the US.

Let me put it this way. Apparently, it's not illegal by British law for this guy to be extradited to the US for something that is illegal over here.

Last edited by Ante on 2012-01-16, 01:10; edited 1 time in total

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The court heard that his website, TVShack.net, was earning £15,000 a month from advertising revenue.

Terry I agree it's kind of bullshit to be extradited for it.

On the other hand that quote from the article above basically says he's the worst kind of pirate and he deserves it. He's making a ton of money off of stolen goods. Fuck im'... give him the chair.

Pariah

Pariah

Terrysmay04 wrote:Ok, how about you get extradited to Canada for some obscure clause regarding the MLP link in your signature which doesn't exist in the US, then tell me how you feel.
I didn't pirate my signature, nor am I profiting from it. Ergo, I am in essence innocent. So yes, I'd be slightly miffed. But then I'd phone the Serbian Embassy for an nationalistic extradition and lie back with a can of cola.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Ante wrote:Well, I can't feel bad for a guy who makes money by essentially selling stolen goods to people.

God forbid a few people illegally download a shitty movie or a few songs.

I think our government should be working on capturing real criminals like serial killers, rapists, etc that are in our own country...

Pariah

Pariah

Khfan60 wrote:
I think our government should be working on capturing real criminals like serial killers, rapists, etc that are in our own country...
way more important to satisfy the music industry. Rolling Eyes

asdf

asdf

I agree that the guy shouldn't be extradited, US law shouldn't apply in the UK.

ThePirateBay is illegal in the US but legal in Sweden. US law can't get it shut down.

Duck

Duck

Well, it doesn't exist, so yeah...

That's the point of a hypothetical situation.

Let me put it this way. Apparently, it's not illegal by British law for this guy to be extradited to the US for something that is illegal over here.

Oh, so UK citizens should just read up on every law in the world in case they're violating one somewhere? Bullshit, the UK needs to have its own laws and the US needs to have its own laws. I don't care if they just make them the same, but yanking people overseas to answer for things that aren't illegal in the own country is the kind of evil empire stuff that is just scary.

There's a similiar case going on in India over Google and Facebook not taking down things that are offensive to the Indian government. This sounds so much MORE like bullshit to us because those things aren't illegal here, how would you like for India to yank you over there and give you life in prison for something like that?

Of course, India will not actually get its way because they don't have the power that the US has.

On the other hand that quote from the article above basically says he's the worst kind of pirate and he deserves it. He's making a ton of money off of stolen goods. Fuck im'... give him the chair.

I agree that he's a bad pirate, but he's also the UK's responsibility and he shouldn't have to study up on every the laws of every country the UK won't stand up to. not to mention he's not doing anything but collecting a bunch of links he probably found on google and sticking them on a page with advertisements.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Seems like they could just send in a Seal team into Sweden to kill everybody at Piratebay.

God I wish I was president.

I agree that he's a bad pirate, but he's also the UK's responsibility and he shouldn't have to study up on every the laws of every country the UK won't stand up to. not to mention he's not doing anything but collecting a bunch of links he probably found on google and sticking them on a page with advertisements.

Yeah, like I said that part is bullshit. However it's hard to care or take his side because, from what little info we have, he seems to deserve it.

Duck

Duck

I didn't pirate my signature, nor am I profiting from it. Ergo, I am in essence innocent. So yes, I'd be slightly miffed. But then I'd phone the Serbian Embassy for an nationalistic extradition and lie back with a can of cola.

Oh good, you know the rules for your own country. As long as you're not making money off of it, you're fine, right? Oh wait, some other country has a law against ____ and now you're going to serve 10 years for it.

Pariah

Pariah

Terrysmay04 wrote: Serbian Embassy.
seeing as I am not actually a citizen of america and have the legal protection of my own country in any international legal matters, I'll take my chances.

Erkeric

Erkeric

Khfan60 wrote:

Except neither of those examples are under federal jurisdiction (except in certain situations). Why would the US government go about investigating things that are not their problem?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Thats like getting extradited for banging a 16 year old american girl in NZ

I mean our Legal Sex age is 16 but in some places over there its like 18

You shouldnt get extradited to other countrys especially for things that are legal in your own thats just fucking stupid

Duan

Duan

Khfan60 wrote:

God forbid a few people illegally download a shitty movie or a few songs.

what? but then they wouldn't be payed to look after millionaires getting even more money

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

this is total fucking BS.

fuck politics.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah that is bullshit. Sure he's making money, but if it's legal where he lives, it's legal. The law is the law, right?

I'm surprised the British gov't doesn't just tell the American gov't to fuck off here instead of letting them be the world police.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Robert Paulson wrote:Yeah that is bullshit. Sure he's making money, but if it's legal where he lives, it's legal. The law is the law, right?

I'm surprised the British gov't doesn't just tell the American gov't to fuck off here instead of letting them be the world police.

Ante

Ante

Yes and the law says it's legal for the US to extradite him. It works both ways.

Duck

Duck

It's clear what the laws says because this is actually happening, it doesn't change how stupid the premise of the law is.

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:Seems like they could just send in a Seal team into Sweden to kill everybody at Piratebay.

God I wish I was president.

This makes me laugh cyclops

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:Yes and the law says it's legal for the US to extradite him. It works both ways.

''hey, you've done nothing wrong in this country, so we are going to drag you to a different country on incredibly flimsy reasoning and charge you for it where you have!
have a nice day!''

derp.

Ante

Ante

I don't make the laws.

Chewy

Chewy

Have you guys been to his website by the way?

It doesn't even host any pirated videos. Just links to sites that do. Kind of like every single search engine.

If they want to cut down on piracy, prosecute the websites that are actually hosting it.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:I don't make the laws.

well you should!!

then i can blame you Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

Chewy, this is the internet. We don't muck around with "facts" and "truth"Rolling Eyes

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Robert Paulson wrote:I'm surprised the British gov't doesn't just tell the American gov't to fuck off here instead of letting them be the world police.

OMG I can finally use this video correctly,Probally the first person on the internet to ever do so

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IhnUgAaea4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duan

Duan

i thought about posting that...

also that was on tv last night frost. great movie

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

It was?

What channel?

Duan

Duan

four at like midnight i think

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ah, the fun times of being modded on GFQ for typing ''DURKHA DURKHA DURKHA!!!!'' in a Jihad Jeep topic Very Happy

Ante

Ante

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:ah, the fun times of being modded on GFQ for typing ''DURKHA DURKHA DURKHA!!!!'' in a Jihad Jeep topic Very Happy

You insensitive cur! You might have offended someone. For shame, Adli. For. Shame. Read this bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  2458268739

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:ah, the fun times of being modded on GFQ for typing ''DURKHA DURKHA DURKHA!!!!'' in a Jihad Jeep topic Very Happy

You insensitive cur! You might have offended someone. For shame, Adli. For. Shame. Read this bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  2458268739

well.... at least i stayed away from Mohammad Jihad...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Oh I couldnt be bothered staying up to watch that then

Duan

Duan

what else are you going to be doing at 12am?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Giggity

Duan

Duan

Read this bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  Tn_1236166298_quagmire_-_giggity

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Which reminds me Very Happy

NSFW
Spoiler:

Duan

Duan

Read this bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  9QUh9

Duck

Duck

reminds me of the time the gym teacher didn't catch on to what it meant for a few weeks when one of the teams named themselves the "Dhurka Dhurkas" during our annual middle school dodgeball tournament.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Terrysmay04 wrote:reminds me of the time the gym teacher didn't catch on to what it meant for a few weeks when one of the teams named themselves the "Dhurka Dhurkas" during our annual middle school dodgeball tournament.

Lol my gym teacher believed me when I said FBNL stood for Funny but not laughable for our vollyball team.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Read this bullshit. Absolute bullshit.  Offended_on_internets

thats the people on gfaqs Razz

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Dammit it now I got that song stuck in my head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum