Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm a fan of Kotaku, but this is just....

+11
Frostbyrn
Duck
MADEWITHROBOTS
Captain Pirate Pineapple
grader
The Adli Corporation
Chewy
Kyuubey
chunckylover53
Ron Swanson
Ante
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

http://kotaku.com/5876445/the-unquestioned-homophobia-in-battlefield-3

Really? Really?

"I'm getting my shit pushed in" and "I'm getting fucked up the ass over here" are hardly homophobic. Those phrases are used for authenticity, not because DICE hates gay people. I think we can all agree that the marines probably say this and much worse when under heavy fire in real life.

I fucking hate it when people grasp at straws like this.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

People are always trying to make themselves feel important, and bringing someone else down is one of the easiest ways to get it done.

chunckylover53

Uh i never even thought of those lines like that O.o.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Those lines sound like they are getting raped, not hating on gays.

Chewy

Chewy

Kyuubey wrote:Those lines sound like they are getting raped, not hating on gays.

Yeah but in order to not offend gays they shouldn't treat anal rape in a negative manner. I think... not really sure where they are going with this one..

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

then they better take out the A-91 because that sure as hell insults disabled people.

grader

grader

I read a little of it and that was enough for me.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Wow, this is a stupid article grasping for some attention.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Ante wrote:"I'm getting my shit pushed in" and "I'm getting fucked up the ass over here" are hardly homophobic. Those phrases are used for authenticity, not because DICE hates gay people. I think we can all agree that the marines probably say this and much worse when under heavy fire in real life.

In fairness, they make that exact same point.

The article is about more than whether or not these phrases are homophobic, and has a lot to say about how popular culture is digested by the masses and the ramifications of that.

I thought it was interesting.....did no one else actually read the whole article?

Ante

Ante

MADEWITHROBOTS wrote:
Ante wrote:"I'm getting my shit pushed in" and "I'm getting fucked up the ass over here" are hardly homophobic. Those phrases are used for authenticity, not because DICE hates gay people. I think we can all agree that the marines probably say this and much worse when under heavy fire in real life.

In fairness, they make that exact same point.

The article is about more than whether or not these phrases are homophobic, and has a lot to say about how popular culture is digested by the masses and the ramifications of that.

I thought it was interesting.....did no one else actually read the whole article?

I admit I posted this before I read the whole thing (oops, oh well) and reading the rest didn't change my opinion at all. That article is so far over the top it's hard to take it seriously. All I see when I read it is some guy touting that video games (and by extension the rest of media) should be politically correct. What a horrible idea.

Duck

Duck

Well how else are men supposed to convey being raped? "I'm gettin my shit pushed into my ear hole over here guys!" ?

There aren't a hole lot of options.

If you had a female soldier saying "I'm gettin fucked in the vagina over here!" you would't have complaints that the game was heterophobic.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You could go with

"Oh shit guys we really dropped the soap this time" Very Happy

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Ehh, I read most of the Kotaku articles on BF3, even before release. They seem to not like the game much, and when they do, it's for not much at all.

A lot of doubt was cast before release, and there were a lot of negative messages going on.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

So theyre MW3 Fanboys?

As Aragorn said in your just as I was typing this

"Thats retarded"

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Some of the writers, mainly Brian Crecente, had a huge hard on for anything CoD. He did like BF3 though. I think...

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Kotaku is always full of shit.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Of course he liked BF3 its CoD but you can drive the vehicles without a killstreak

They even have the same community

Ante

Ante

Odysseus wrote:Of course he liked BF3 its CoD but you can drive the vehicles without a killstreak

They even have the same community

The guns have a bit more recoil too, but yeah. You pretty much nailed that one.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im surprised PETA hasnt brought that up yet I mean they are People for the Ethical Treatment of Assholes

And Anal rape is exactly what they propose

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Odysseus wrote:You could go with

"Oh shit guys we really dropped the soap this time" Very Happy

And I would be in party chat giggling anytime I heard that.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yep I suggested it for that very reason buddy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum