Ante
Kitsune
Frostbyrn
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BF3 on Kotaku Empty BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:26

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

http://kotaku.com/5808483/whats-battlefield-3-bringing-to-e3-multiplayer-but-no-subscription-fees

Kind of sad they are still mocking CoD but whatever

Also Team Deathmatch sounds like 12v12 not 4v4v4v4

Also Squads and Platoons sound awesome,Sounds like Platoons are 8 person versions of Squads or something or maybe if your in one you can have all 12 members of your team talking to each other while not in a party

2BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:28

Kitsune

Kitsune

Frostbyrn wrote:http://kotaku.com/5808483/whats-battlefield-3-bringing-to-e3-multiplayer-but-no-subscription-fees

Kind of sad they are still mocking CoD but whatever

Also Team Deathmatch sounds like 12v12 not 4v4v4v4

Also Squads and Platoons sound awesome,Sounds like Platoons are 8 person versions of Squads or something or maybe if your in one you can have all 12 members of your team talking to each other while not in a party

The platoon thing would be really nice, if that were the case. It's a pain when you have 8 people in a party that aren't in a squad. They'd have to do something with spawning on squad members if that were the case though.

3BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:30

Ante

Ante

You did this on purpose.

4BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:36

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Actually i didnt i think you posted yours while i was typing mine out Very Happy

5BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:48

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

thread jacked.... ohh yeah.

6BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:50

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

this proves what the game companies care about. in the end it is all about $$$ but both sides are offering new features but battlefield understands you have paid for the game already so they give you a break. COD just bends you over time and time again. i really wonder when people will get sick of buying the same game twice every year.

7BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:52

Ante

Ante

I enjoy all the shit talking EA/DICE does to CoD. I want Battlefield to completely demolish all the momentum that shitty series has so that it either dies, or Activision gets their heads out of their asses. I doubt the latter will happen.

8BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:54

Kitsune

Kitsune

Ante wrote:I enjoy all the shit talking EA/DICE does to CoD. I want Battlefield to completely demolish all the momentum that shitty series has so that it either dies, or Activision gets their heads out of their asses. I doubt the latter will happen.

It would be about time, lol. Call of Duty had so much going for it for a few years, then there was World at War, which felt like Activision was stalling, then everything just kinda...crumbled. :/

I hope BF3 is a really, really good game; same with Gears 3.

9BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:57

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ante wrote:I enjoy all the shit talking EA/DICE does to CoD. I want Battlefield to completely demolish all the momentum that shitty series has so that it either dies, or Activision gets their heads out of their asses. I doubt the latter will happen.

Yeah but i just view it as Petty and pathetic.

Not to mention if CoD fails then they are going to jump on the Next Big new FPS game with their terrible non teamwork Twitch shooter skills and since to my knowledge their isnt another Halo coming out that leaves them with us

Also this pretty much sums up the EA,Activision fight

10BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 00:58

Ante

Ante

[EA] Battlefield 3 -D3.0- [Activision] Modern Warfare 3

Edit: Goddamn HTML screwing up my jokes.

11BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 01:01

Kitsune

Kitsune

The worst possible outcome of this is that everybody migrates to BF, like everybody migrated from Halo to CoD. It would be nice if most of the small children stuck with MW3

12BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:18

Zillah

Zillah

*envisions 12 SeC all talking at the same time*

ahhh my ears!

13BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:24

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You mean 12 SeC all raging at the same time

14BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:26

Zillah

Zillah

no, it would be just you.

I can see it now...

"GRAAGHHHHH WHAT DA HEWLLLL FUCKING JETS!"

15BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:29

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I have a thing against basically riskless Free kill objects Very Happy

16BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:37

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

And I would swoop in my own jet and kill the enemy jets and say, "You're welcome."

17BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 04:48

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

As long as you fly upside down and poke the finger at Russian pilots Very Happy

18BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 09:59

Khfan60

Khfan60

Frostbyrn wrote:

Yeah but i just view it as Petty and pathetic.

Not to mention if CoD fails then they are going to jump on the Next Big new FPS game with their terrible non teamwork Twitch shooter skills and since to my knowledge their isnt another Halo coming out that leaves them with us

I find it kinda funny... >_>

And yeah, I really DO NOT want that to happen, they're annoying enough on CoD. Though then again, if we had 12 SeC's on one team...

19BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 13:11

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

And what has been discussed here is the reason we must play on the PC. CoD's "one man army herp derp" or 1337 XxXxX5NiP3r5XxXxX kiddies won't plague BF3 on the PC too badly, while the console versions will probably see a higher bush wookiee population.

Edit: I hope that the "real" reload is used in BF3. You know, the one about NOT reloading your weapon when it has 29 bullets and those 29 are magically fused with the rest of your clips.

20BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 14:25

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ars Diaboli wrote:Edit: I hope that the "real" reload is used in BF3. You know, the one about NOT reloading your weapon when it has 29 bullets and those 29 are magically fused with the rest of your clips.

I really, really want this.

I won't play it on PC regardless, I just hope the 360 version is smooth, animates well and looks good.

As far as having 12 SeC members in a party goes if everyones trying to talk and being obnoxious, I'll stay in the game, but drop out of the party or mute everyone.
DL and I got into a match on Blops with mostly SeC and I couldn't even hear myself think. DL and I both dropped out.

21BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 14:51

chunckylover53

Zillah wrote:*envisions 12 SeC all talking at the same time*

ahhh my ears!

This. Some of you guys need to understand that we're not at a fucking sporting event we can all hear you guys just fine.

22BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 16:52

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

^

*Looks at Frost* Seriously.

23BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 16:55

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ars, i totally agree.

i mean COME ON! they had this shit in GRAW, why the hell cant you have in in newer games?

if you want to make a more realistic shooter, you should at least get the damn ammo sorted.

24BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 17:00

Kitsune

Kitsune

I would like the realistic reload as well.

Also, I would like to see the magazine-size on all weapons get an upgrade, and be more like BC1. If people will take an unrealistic amount of damage, I want an unrealistic magazine capacity.

25BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 18:29

Khfan60

Khfan60

chunckylover53 wrote:
Zillah wrote:*envisions 12 SeC all talking at the same time*

ahhh my ears!

This. Some of you guys need to understand that we're not at a fucking sporting event we can all hear you guys just fine.

Actually, my mic is a little fucked up and I have to have it fairly close to my mouth... Oh well, I don't really talk much in LIVE parties.

26BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 19:29

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:I would like the realistic reload as well.

Also, I would like to see the magazine-size on all weapons get an upgrade, and be more like BC1. If people will take an unrealistic amount of damage, I want an unrealistic magazine capacity.

Ha! No way man. I want weapons to be as exact to real life as possible. Extended mags are fine, but only if they are actually made for a particular weapon. I want absolutely zero made up shit.

27BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 19:51

Kitsune

Kitsune

Metalzoic wrote:

Ha! No way man. I want weapons to be as exact to real life as possible. Extended mags are fine, but only if they are actually made for a particular weapon. I want absolutely zero made up shit.

Then I hope damage to kill goes way down, as in one-two headshots from anything is a kill, snipers OSK to the chest, and weapons kill with 4-5 bullets to chest, or 8-12 elsewhere. Decreased magazines should mean increased lethality, IMO.

Also, though this has nothing to do with gameplay, I hope they up the gore level a bit. One of my favourite things from WaW was when they brought gore to Call of Duty, but they took it away again. Rolling Eyes

28BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:03

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ars Diaboli wrote:And what has been discussed here is the reason we must play on the PC. CoD's "one man army herp derp" or 1337 XxXxX5NiP3r5XxXxX kiddies won't plague BF3 on the PC too badly, while the console versions will probably see a higher bush wookiee population.

Edit: I hope that the "real" reload is used in BF3. You know, the one about NOT reloading your weapon when it has 29 bullets and those 29 are magically fused with the rest of your clips.

I actually liked that in Americas army

Although i doubt they will do it because it would make resupplying by Assaults confusing

29BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:08

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

Then I hope damage to kill goes way down, as in one-two headshots from anything is a kill, snipers OSK to the chest, and weapons kill with 4-5 bullets to chest, or 8-12 elsewhere. Decreased magazines should mean increased lethality, IMO.

Also, though this has nothing to do with gameplay, I hope they up the gore level a bit. One of my favourite things from WaW was when they brought gore to Call of Duty, but they took it away again. Rolling Eyes

Sure, the damage in BC2 seemed a bit too low anyway.

30BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:11

Duck

Duck

Battlefield seems more about realistic aesthetics than realism itself..

31BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:13

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Maybe we'll be able to ride Yakarus?

32BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:51

Kitsune

Kitsune

Ashitaka wrote:Battlefield seems more about realistic aesthetics than realism itself..

This.

Also, I felt BC2's damage was fine, but only if the recoil on all weapons was sharply increased. Otherwise, they all kinda became laser beams across the map at times (sniping with SMGs shouldn't work, lol)

33BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 20:57

Ante

Ante

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
Ashitaka wrote:Battlefield seems more about realistic aesthetics than realism itself..

This.

Also, I felt BC2's damage was fine, but only if the recoil on all weapons was sharply increased. Otherwise, they all kinda became laser beams across the map at times (sniping with SMGs shouldn't work, lol)

I think this could be fixed with better bullet physics. The fact that a high power bolt action sniper rifle can't shoot as far as an SMG is just mind boggling. SMG rounds should drop much faster and sharper, and the damage should taper off to a greater extent as well.

34BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 21:04

Kitsune

Kitsune

Ante wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:

This.

I think this could be fixed with better bullet physics. The fact that a high power bolt action sniper rifle can't shoot as far as an SMG is just mind boggling. SMG rounds should drop much faster and sharper, and the damage should taper off to a greater extent as well.

Yeah, I like that idea. The bullet drop would help, even though I don't think the damage drop-off would as much, because it's usually completely dropped at the range you can use them in BC2, but I do really like the heavy bullet drop.

That, and it would be cool if all weapons ALWAYS had spread, even when ADS (like in early BF games). Maybe give SMGs a lot more spread in addition to bullet drop, but also, up their power at close range significantly (so they don't feel inferior to assault rifles, and will easily beat assault rifle users up close). Also, I would like to see medics/engineers only have access to weaker weapons, and have niche roles as drivers/pilots/healers, as opposed to what they are now. Maybe they should add in another support type class with the LMG? Or they probably could just make the LMG an option for Assault players.

35BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-04, 23:48

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I think they will keep the 4 classes as they are, I remember them saying they hit a "sweet spot" with them.

I don't mind that, I think they are pretty balanced as it is. But yeah, if they make changes, be my guest.

36BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-05, 00:15

Kitsune

Kitsune

I personally don't think Medics should get LMGs...it's ridiculous, and the Engineer class has a little too much going for it in BC2. It's not so much that they're horribly imbalanced or anything, but they're not very well-defined. All the classes kill people too well (if that makes any sense), and if a Medic/Engineer doesn't get the Ace Pin, something very wrong was happening that round (unless there's a Recon sitting way in the back, getting 400+ Marksmen bonus headshots, but you know everybody feels about them. xD )

If I could make classes, I would have:

Assault: Assault rifles, battle rifles, shotguns and light machine guns. Have unlimited sprint/slightly better armour/health/slightly faster than other classes. Best choice of weapons.

Engineer/Anti-Vehicle: SMGs, carbines, rocket launchers, mines. Best at taking out vehicles, get slight bonuses when driving a GROUND vehicle, such as slightly faster reload, more powerful shells, better cool downs, drive slightly faster, etc. Can repair any vehicle with tool.

Medic: SMGs, shotguns. Does it's JOB as a medic, and not a primary foot soldier. Can drop portable healing kits, instantly heal soldier for a small amount of damage (long cooldown), or revive them (revived soldiers come back with 30% or so of maximum HP, and have revive invincibility for 1-2 seconds OR whenever they attempt to move/shoot, whichever comes first)

Support: Assault rifle, carbine, shotguns. Move slightly faster than other classes (same as Assault). Comes with tool to mark targets for jets (only way for jets to lock onto ground targets), and can drop ammo/medkits (that heal much, much slower than that of a medic) for other soldiers. May repair vehicles, but at a slower rate than an engineer.

Pilot: Pistol. ONLY unit allowed to pilot an aerial vehicle, such as a jet/chopper. Only unit to also have a parachute (one use), and has an option to suppress the pistol/use special pistols with slightly more power than the average unit carries. Basically a set-up to trade off, that if you're whore for aerial vehicles, you pay for it by getting raped if you crash, unless you can take an enemy vehicle/go back to base. May repair aerial vehicles only.

Just my 2 cents/wishlist that will never happen.

37BF3 on Kotaku Empty Re: BF3 on Kotaku 2011-06-05, 01:06

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

They used to have engineers with shotguns and mines, and anti-tanks with SMGs and rockets.

And in my opinion 2142 was better balanced.

Assaults were medics with ARs. Pick 2 from underslung AP rockets, shotgun, smokes, UAV smoke and defib.

Recon was demolition and long range. 2 from crouch up claymore, RDX (C4 of the future), active camo and scope stabilizer. Also, Lambert Carbine, best gun.

Engineers were the first time they melded BF2 engies and ATs. AT weapons were a given, SMGs defaulted. They had a choice of hand guided, AT rifle and AA lock on for heavy stuff. Lots of helpful things to pick, mines, defusers, EMP.

Support. LMH/HMG/shotgun. The lol class, gives ammo, HAD MOTION MINES, had an autoturret, had EMP grenades, could see icons through walls, can detect cloaked people just by being near, A FUCKING SHOTGUN STICKY BOMB LAUNCHER, and a personal shield.

Then they changed it. Which was to be expected, every Inf only map was 20 Assaults and a few Supports thrown in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum