Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Skyrim] has anyone played this on an SDTV?

+3
JrTapia1991
Ron Swanson
The Adli Corporation
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im thinking of buying this tomorrow, but i have an SDTV and have heard Skyrim has issues with it.

however, i also play FO:NV on the same SDTV and i haven't had any problems (i set my TV to widescreen) the text is almost 100% readable.

would you recommend this for an SDTV or should i not bother with it?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

When I tried to play on my old TV (red, yellow and white cables) I couldn't see my health, magic, or stamina bars. So basically it cut off the bottom bit of my screen.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

did you set your Xbox to widescreen?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I think I tried that, but I'm not sure. All I know is I tired for like 30 mins to get it to work and I failed.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I forget if it cut out my bro's HUD and health and stuff but I saw him play it awhile back and the text is like Dead Rising,unreadable Sad

I don't think it's worth the strain on your eyes ....

if there's a way you can rent it first and see if it's bearable do that first

Ante

Ante

Investing in an HDTV, even if it's just a computer monitor, is probably a better idea in the long run.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

ya I dunno if they have any walmarts there,but there's a 23inch 1080p HDTV for only $178 here.

Probably find a bunch of 1080p or 720p cheap HDTVs on amazon as well

or you could hook your xbox up to your computer monitor,via VGA,and then hook your speakers to it unless the monitor has speakers built in.....I think the cables are like 10-20bucks and it'll look better than sdtv

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i use sd. it is basically alright except that you cant see what items you give and recieve that appears in the top left corner. otherwise it is nothing too gamebreaking for me

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

hmm.

i might give it a shot anyway, FO works fine with widescreen settings for me.
if i buy it new i can just return it if its too eye-borking.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

just got it. £25 off since i traded in BF3.

menus are fine, but haven't got into a new game yet (its installing atm)

Duck

Duck

mine is very old, mid 90's and everything is fine, if a little small. Changing it to widescreen can help.

infadel117

infadel117

it runs perfectly on sdtv

i cant see why it wouldnt

but i can see how an idiot might come up with that rediculas theory

Duck

Duck

It's not a theory, there was a large upset when the game came out because a lot of SDTV users couldn't see the outer edges of the game because Skyrim expects everyone to have an HDTV. Some parts of the game are displayed on parts of the TV that you don't actually have.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

^ Ducksaws is right. search SDTV on the GameFAQS Skyrim board and you'll see.

it seems to run fine on my SDTV though, i only have 2 or 3mm cut off the left hand side., but i can still see the words in the menus. everything else is fine.

im loving the game though, im doing the Golden Claw quest atm and need to find the secret of the barrows (no spoilers please), but that will have to wait since dad is watching rugby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum