Dropped Da Soap
Patrick Star
Metalzoic
The Adli Corporation
xSBx610x
Keyser Söze
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/game-update-will-drop-on-the-27th-of-march-for-playstation-3-xbox-360-and-pc-will-come-soon/

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Great wall o' text!

xSBx610x

xSBx610x

The fact that ps3 users get anything before Xbox users bothers me.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I think it has more to do with Microsuck's slow validation process.

-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

Finally, because this part before the patch is definitely game breaking.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:I think it has more to do with Microsuck's slow validation process.

-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

Finally, because this part before the patch is definitely game breaking.

were you playing with me that one time on Port Valdez Conquest?
US side, driving a CAV at full speed all the way from US deployment to C and back again.
one of the SeC'rs was in the gunner seat.

HONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONKHONK

Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I think so, it rings a bell.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Awesome except for a couple things.

1. No mention at all of making burst-mode have less spread then full-auto to make burst the better option at range. Didn't the PC already get this fix? I want this.

2. AN-94 on the PC had the burst upgraded from 900 rpm to 1200 rpm, but no mention of that fix on console at all. I want this.

3. PS# has to turn off Anti-Aliasing to reduce controller input lag. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH... Aaahhh God I'm so happy I didn't get this for PS3. What an ass-shitty system.

4. Do we get the 3 versions of the mini-map or just PC?

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

probably just pc Sad I didn't see any fix for the ECM in jets i am outraged.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

If the 360 version gets this at all aroudnt eh same time the PS3 does, then I won't be playing for a while.

The last of the Gears 3 DLC comes out on the 27th

Yea guys Its because Microsoft is a bunch of D bags. Greg nailed the reason.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

That's such garbage that PS3 gets this before PC, the supposed "lead platform." Timed DLC exclusives is one thing, but there's no reason consoles should get a patch before PC.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sure there is. Because PC is lame... Razz

Metalzoic wrote:Sure there is. Because PC is lame... Razz

Why all the disdain for the PC Omni? Suspect

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Don't you remember my old PC gaming story that ended with me killing it with my .45?

I swore off of them after that. But I don't hate them (or PC players) quite as much as I make it sound. Mostly I'm just giving you guys a hard time.

If a new Star Control, Homeworld, Freelancer or X game came out I'm afraid I'd break my oath and play on PC again. God help me...

The PS3 I do hate as much as it seems though.

Zillah

Zillah

Metalzoic wrote:Awesome except for a couple things.

1. No mention at all of making burst-mode have less spread then full-auto to make burst the better option at range. Didn't the PC already get this fix? I want this.

2. AN-94 on the PC had the burst upgraded from 900 rpm to 1200 rpm, but no mention of that fix on console at all. I want this.

3. PS# has to turn off Anti-Aliasing to reduce controller input lag. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH... Aaahhh God I'm so happy I didn't get this for PS3. What an ass-shitty system.

just curious, whats anti aliasing?

Ante

Ante

Zillah wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:Awesome except for a couple things.

just curious, whats anti aliasing?

It's an effect that removes/smooths jagged looking lines on textures and models.

New Battlefield Patch announced, Only PS3 release date confirmed Q384k

One of the reasons I hated playing BF3 on 360 was how bad the aliasing is.

Edit: The right picture has better anti aliasing, just fyi.

PC FTW when it comes to AA. Turn the bitch up to 16x and behold the glory.

PS3 users got a quit option between rounds O_O
New Battlefield Patch announced, Only PS3 release date confirmed VDlFE

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well hot damn. Shocked

Not in the patch notes even. And it only took them 3 console BF games, numerous patches and several years to figure out it was a good idea.

DICE is smart.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Yeah sure, light years years before their time...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ah shit.

In the book of Revelations, DICE figuring out to add a quit option is a sign of the end-of-times.

We're doomed.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

DICE were a joke before Chuck Norris was.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Dance Hall Derelict wrote:DICE were a joke before Chuck Norris was.

I agree.

Back on topic.

Been reading around and it looks like overall the reception to the patch is overwhelmingly positive.
Some things I've seen mentioned that weren't in the patch notes (that I saw at least)

Improved HUD/map
Can quit between rounds.
Can now customize the Russian side.
Better overall weapon balance.
Wake island now has 5 flags?
AN-94 does have the 1200 rpm burst fix.

Now I really can't wait.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Metalzoic wrote:
Can now customize the Russian side.
Now I really can't wait.
Mind elaborating?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Under the soldier options. As it is now any changes made are only to the US side. Now you can customize the RU side as well. Without being in game.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I really like this.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

I heard the tanks are paper now against RPG's.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:I heard the tanks are paper now against RPG's.

Thats the one negative I have heard, but we will see. The community has a tendancy to be wrong on jerk reactions like this.

Besides, what I think is happening is since teh repair tool works slower, you can't drive your tank into a defended area a have one guy repair your tank to keep it moving at all times. The repair tool was WAY to fast before. Remember BC2?

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

It doesnt matter, because now it means Javelins can be useful again.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:It doesnt matter, because now it means Javelins can be useful again.

Tank smoke is supposed to work now. so that should help

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

You did say suppose to and this is DICE, it will be more broken than ever. Im a bit worried about the gun changes but if it brings back the gun play of BC2 and less of who sees who first, im down.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

was doing some reading on GFAQS and apparently they haven't really fixed mav riding or roadkilling.

Also apparently one undesignated javelin will disable a tank which I think is a bit unfair. If that's true it'll be suicide to get in a tank without smoke.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote:was doing some reading on GFAQS and apparently they haven't really fixed mav riding or roadkilling.

yay.

MAV roadkilling was the only way i could enjoy playing solo, i hated BF3 soooo much without SeCrs Evil or Very Mad

grader

grader

Yeah,you can still Mav lift,you just have to go prone on it.Just one example in a long list of why I dont know what to think of Dice.

PC patch is tomorrow so I will be able to test it out.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

grader wrote:Yeah,you can still Mav lift,you just have to go prone on it.Just one example in a long list of why I dont know what to think of Dice.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.
Please god let this only be a PS3 glitch. Please.

grader

grader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCtZGbRmhZU&feature=player_embedded

There was a better video but its not on you tube anymore.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I wonder when it's coming out for xbox.I haven't played in like a week

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:I wonder when it's coming out for xbox.I haven't played in like a week

yeah I haven't even turned on my xbox in weeks.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I wanted to play BF3 last night, but I want to wait for the patch before I dive back in.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Terry Corp. wrote:I wanted to play BF3 last night, but I want to wait for the patch before I dive back in.

Yeah I'm pretty much doing the same.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Same.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea me too...I'm so bored I might pop it in and troll on grand bazaar defenders w/the frag rounds lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:yea me too...I'm so bored I might pop it in and troll on grand bazaar defenders w/the frag rounds lol

getting some last minute whoring in before they patch it? Razz

edit: derp quote code

Last edited by HydrasBreath on 2012-03-29, 16:44; edited 1 time in total

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yesssss Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I still think it's going to be a bitch to go against when whole teams still use it lol.Alot don't check patch lists and probably are gonna cry hacks against us when we kill em when they're using the frag rounds Razz

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:yesssss Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I still think it's going to be a bitch to go against when whole teams still use it lol.Alot don't check patch lists and probably are gonna cry hacks against us when we kill em when they're using the frag rounds Razz

well in the vid in the other thread they say the tweaks should fix the frag spam. The usas got a ROF nerf and the frags got a nerf as well. Only time will tell though.

PC patch is live.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Stingers not working was incorrect. It was a result of Below radar taking affect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum