Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Systems requirements says I can run Witcher 2 and Crysis on recommended settings

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

I still cant get minecraft above 15 fps though. For some reason I cannot get it to run in 64 bit java and my graphics card drivers stop responding whenever i play it.

So all of the shiny parts of my laptop sit there doing nothing while minecraft uses my backup integrated card and 3/8th of my ram because it's in 32 bit java.

System Requirements is highly inaccurate.

Minecraft is CPU intensive.

Duck

Duck

Yeah I've noticed that Systems Requirements can't make up its mind about whether it thinks my processor runs at 2.20ghz or like 8ghz and sometimes it thinks that my video card has no video ram. But I can get a basic gist of what the required specs are compare them to my hardware with the site.

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

turn down render distances

That is because crysis is actually not that much of a demanding game on low/medium. It is running it on max that has gave crysis its infamous reputation. (The only single GPU that can max crysis at 60 fps is the 690)

Duck

Duck

Still its pretty mind boggling how much of a resource hog minecraft is.

Dave wrote:Still its pretty mind boggling how much of a resource hog minecraft is.
Actually it does not really hog resources, at least on my system, it just uses them very poorly.

Duck

Duck

Well thats what I meant. How much it takes to run the damn game compared to whats going on and how it looks. If Minecraft had current gen graphics, effects, ai, etc. I doubt anything could run it.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

do you have the right Java for your OS? (64bit java for 64bit OS, 32bit for 32bit OS)

have you tried increasing the amount of RAM that java can use (there are many guides on how to do this)?

and have you told Java to use the dedicated GPU instead of the Integrated one? a lot of people have had issues where Java does not use the right card and you have to set it manually.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I was surprised when the guys here told me it took a powerful PC to run the game well.

My take is that the dude that created it is a genius designer, had a brilliant idea and turned it into an amazing classic of a game... but he's just not that good of a programmer.

My guess is that now that it is fairly finished-ish they could probably hire a team of actually good programmers and optimize it to the point that it would probably run smooth on anything. Then they could release it for Gameboy Advance.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I never understood why the thing has Doom 1 graphics but is pretty demanding

Its because of the world

Duck

Duck

It takes a lot of power to keep track of all those little blocks I suppose. also it's coded in java which is pretty bad.

My laptop has a toggle between which graphics card it's using. Either everything is using the integrated or everything is using the amd one.

I've tried getting minecraft to launch in 64 bit java and I've done the tutorials but I always get an error message.

It's just not worth playing if I have to go through so much crap.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Its because of the world

64,000,000 x 64,000,000 x 256 = 1.04x1-^18 blocks in a maxed out world.

for those to whom that is meaningless, that is 104,000,000,000,000,000 blocks Very Happy

Duck

Duck

my world has pretty much nothing in it and i still get crap performance

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum