Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just want something cheap to play games like Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, etc.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Whats the opnion on this one?!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078RKRBA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_g147_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02KN8F0ZT34NPNZ61NWN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Now, I know nothing about the insides of PCs or whatnot. Just how to do most tech problems and stuff like that.

But here are the specs:

Processor: AMD A4-3400 Llano / 2.7GHz; Mother Board: AMD A55 Chipset; Memory: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (expandable to 16GB); Hard Drive: 500GB (7200 RPM); Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB (VGA/ DVI/ HDMI); Optical Drive: 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive; Audio: High Definition 7.1 Channel Surround; Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN

Expansions: Bays Total (Free) - 4 ( 3 ) x front accessible - 5.25" | 1 ( 1 ) x front accessible - 3.5" | 6 ( 5 ) x internal - 3.5"; Slots Total (Free) - 1 ( 0 ) x pci express x16 | 1 ( 1 ) x pci express x1 | 1 ( 1 ) x pci | 2 ( 0 ) x dimm 240-pin

Connectivity: 2 x PS/2 | 8 x Hi-Speed USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type A ( 2 front, 6 rear ) | 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 | Audio | 1 x D-Sub VGA | 1 x HDMI

Chassis: Azza Orion Mid-Tower Gaming Case with 500-Watt Power Supply; Accessories: Xtreme Gear Gaming Keyboard and Mouse; Service & Support Details: 1 Year Limited Parts & Labor| Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support Services

Now, a year or so ago I would have wanted a great PC to play Battlefield 3 and whatnot on. Well, I think I am officially starting to get burnt out on shooters and I am starting to stick to Single player games again(except Gears 3, doubt I will ever stpo playing that.)
So just simple games like Fallout 3 or Skyrim and others I really want a PC for.

So is that worth buying?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You really need a stronger Chassis to play New Vegas

That one isnt going to cut it man

StormEye

StormEye

FO3 and NV are EXTREMELY poorly optimized game for PC, as the game was ported to PC and both studios sucked at porting. Even on high end PC, there are times where it will be sluggish, and you can't really say that the game is visually spectacular or anything (but you can make it more pretty with mods, but its just relatively speaking type of deal).

From what I see, the game will run fine, as long as you are not going to be shooting for high-end graphics options.

Make sure you read the guide below, and understand what you need to do, to have optimal playing experience.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

If you need help with modding the game, or creating mods yourself, I can help you with it as well.

Wow that pc is crap, i forgot just how much pre-builts are. Anyways that would not be able to play skyrim or fallout.

StormEye

StormEye

Tom wrote:Wow that pc is crap, i forgot just how much pre-builts are. Anyways that would not be able to play skyrim or fallout.
Really?

It should be able to run on low settings, from what I see there.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I have no idea if that CPU is any good,but I was able to play Oblivion,FO3,and NV on my laptop (New Vegas runs on max settings surprisingly not that bad) and I only have a sucky AMD65 1.99ghz single core cpu, HD4200 mobility integrated graphics,and 3gb ram

Oblivion,I had to turn the settings down,they seemed badly ported indeed,to improve performance you could turn off shadows and stuff.

but idk man,for the price of pre-builts you could just build a much better one,or do what Manilla said to do and buy like a pre-built desktop with at least a decent dual core CPU,then throw in a good graphics card (make sure power supply would work out)

Build your own. We will help!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

build your own.

after looking at a custom laptop website, the deals are crazy. i got a better laptop than the one im looking at (base cost £800ish) for £700ish. we're talking 2GB more memory, a better screen, better insurance/support and a GT630M instead of a GT540M.

im tempted to take that offer up. the only thing Dell has going for it is the discount it is on atm, about £300 cheaper than the base cost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum