Master Race Brag Topic... blah blah blah ITZtG

Look at the Wii's pathetic list.

Duck

Duck

lmao wii

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

pc has more exclusive than all 3 combined... and they are games i'd play

Some people on here aren't going to like this lmao.

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

i regret nothing

Duck

Duck

the last of us counts as like 7 games though

Plus there are a few things worng.

Binary Domain and Alan Wake AN are on PC.

Oh and the PC is missing The Secret World.

Plus Tony Hawk HS is coming to PC as well.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Manila Plague wrote:pc has more exclusive than all 3 combined... and they are games i'd play

While the amounts of exclusives is impressive, I don't see many (if any at all) that I would play.

...even if I had a gaming PC.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Us console players have made our bed and are lying in it We dont need you dirty PC players pissing on the sheets

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I think my next big purchase will be a monster PC rig. I don't really see the point in me getting another console.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

if the rumours of the 720 are true, my new Laptop will out-perform it in pretty much every way.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah I'm just tired of getting dumbed down games near the end of a consoles life cycle. BF3 on PC looks so glorious and actually populated.

Plus consoles these days are pretty much computers anyways...just crappier ones you can't upgrade. PC just seems like the way to go if you want to do any kind of serious online gaming.

Plus I do alot of "Pro Audio" recording and editing and whatnot so it would be nice to have a computer that can handle that side of things better too. My current laptop does ok but I could really use more RAM and a faster CPU.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea that's true I wouldn't mind getting a good computer.All the new cpus and gpus coming out all the time are what really confuse me...I have the other stuff down,it's pretty simple.Not paying for XBL would be sweet.And I'm sure a gaming pc is more reliable than the 360s have been >__>

anybody play binary domain?I heard it was like a gears of war clone but with terminator robots like a cheesy 80s B movie

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Eh, I play for the bros. I would rather inferior tech and people to play with.

Xbox live parties are kinda hype at 3am.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:Eh, I play for the bros. I would rather inferior tech and people to play with.

this is true...I wouldn't want to go it alone on the PC but It seems like enough of the SeC has moved to the dark side that it shouldn't be a problem.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

All the SEC that I like/interact with is still holding down the console side...minus that Epyk guy, he sucks and Ante...I miss him.

Chewy

Chewy

lol nice multiplat list PC.

Also gotta throw in mods to buff the list, and a cancelled game, tsk tsk.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

That list is mostly MMOs. Not that I won't be playing some of them.

Shinma

Shinma

Master Race Brag Topic... blah blah blah Tumblr_lj0cn4w5Lq1qdlkgg

I gotta build a new PC though before Planetside comes out...

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Shinma wrote:Master Race Brag Topic... blah blah blah Tumblr_lj0cn4w5Lq1qdlkgg

I gotta build a new PC though before Planetside comes out...to play starcraft II with Byas.

Fixed broseph.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:All the SEC that I like/interact with is still holding down the console side...minus that Epyk guy, he sucks and Ante...I miss him.

Speaking of Ante...Did something happen that he's not around anymore? I don't think I've seen him post in a long time.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote:
Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:All the SEC that I like/interact with is still holding down the console side...minus that Epyk guy, he sucks and Ante...I miss him.

Speaking of Ante...Did something happen that he's not around anymore? I don't think I've seen him post in a long time.

He's still here, he just hasn't felt like posting recently Smile

Zillah

Zillah

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:Eh, I play for the bros. I would rather inferior tech and people to play with.

^^^

playing by myself is no fun.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Zillah wrote:

^^^

playing with myself is fun.

infadel117

infadel117

Alpha Brit wrote:
Zillah wrote:

^^^

playing with myself is fun.

leveling your one handed?

I love that the SeC is starting to transition into PC. Glorious.

chunckylover53

I havn't heard of like.. Any of those games.

chunckylover53 wrote:I havn't heard of like.. Any of those games.

Thats unfortunate. Sad

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:I love that the SeC is starting to transition into PC. Glorious.

not really...there's a lot of XBL players, and while the PC gamers are present, I think majority is still either with XBL-gamers or straddlers.

Pariah wrote:

not really...there's a lot of XBL players, and while the PC gamers are present, I think majority is still either with XBL-gamers or straddlers.

No there has been a transition. I have been here since Day 1 and everybody on here used to be a console player. We all played together.

Zillah

Zillah

chunckylover53 wrote:I havn't heard of like.. Any of those games.

arent you one of those mmo nerds gilly?

Mmo nerd?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:
Pariah wrote:

No there has been a transition. I have been here since Day 1 and everybody on here used to be a console player. We all played together.

it used to be Stormeye and Ante holding down the PC front, now there are a lot more of us Razz

Yea but even they played on console with us back in the BC2 days.

Only reason I played 360 is because I was broke for a few years and couldn't afford to build a rig.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Only reason I played 360 is because I was broke for a few years and couldn't afford to build a rig.

yeah. no point in keeping my 360 when im off to Uni. ain't no way im buying a new TV for it when im on a student budget Razz

Alpha Brit wrote:
Sym wrote:Only reason I played 360 is because I was broke for a few years and couldn't afford to build a rig.

yeah. no point in keeping my 360 when im off to Uni. ain't no way im buying a new TV for it when im on a student budget Razz

Consoles are becoming obsolete very fast.

If the rumored specs of the next gen is true, well the PC will regain the lead. We are already seeing a massive change to PC gaming the past 2 years in the US and Europe.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I doubt the rumoured specs are true. They would be stupid to release something that weak and expect to make money. Bad business plan that I highly doubt any serious company would be dumb enough to follow through on.

Can you imagine the damage done if an already obsolete machine is released on the market?

Rectal Tenesmus wrote:I doubt the rumoured specs are true. They would be stupid to release something that weak and expect to make money. Bad business plan that I highly doubt any serious company would be dumb enough to follow through on.

Can you imagine the damage done if an already obsolete machine is released on the market?

But the problem is the price point.

Next gen systems will have to be more powerful than ever to compete relative to available hardware.

Which is going to raise the price dramatically. In order to keep the pricepoint around 200-300$ they have to use outdated hardware.

This is a problem, because the tech in consoles is old by the time they are released. If next gen wants to compete with PC they are going to be expensive. Which you may as well just build a PC at that price. Think PS3 launch price.

This is what I see happening as it has already begun.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

But consoles are always manufactured and sold at a loss to the company the first couple of years anyway. The damage is covered from software sales.

Both the XBOX 360 and PS3 (and their predecessors) were sold cheaper than they cost to make, even at a mass production level. The gaming industry has worked this way for years and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Plus, if I recall the PS3 (for example purposes) was well over the 300$ mark you mention when it launched.

Last edited by Rectal Tenesmus on 2012-07-15, 17:40; edited 1 time in total

Well this is true.

We are just going to have to wait and see.....I wont be buying a next gen console anyways, but I am interested to see the direction they take.

Should be interesting.

Rectal Tenesmus wrote:Plus, if I recall the PS3 (for example purposes) was well over the 300$ mark you mention.

I addressed that.

It was 600$ on launch. Thats going to be the price-point for next gen consoles if they hope to compete with PC's in a few years time. The industry has changed dramatically the past 5 years.

hardware is so much more advanced relative to previous gens....I hope they dont drop the ball, but I dont have much faith in Microsoft or Sony. Its all about the bucks to them.

Pc gaming works for me.

I need a nice computer for my audio recording and editing, so its easy to turn it into a gaming PC.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

apparently the Xbox 720 will have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 and the PS4 will have a AMD Radeon HD 7670. if that is true then by the time they are released they will be outdated by a year or two.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

At this point I don't really care to be honest as I personally believe the quality of gaming has had a serious decline over the past generation, with few exceptions.

Quality gameplay has slowly been ostracized in favour of grandiose cinematic sequences and uber-realism. We see games developed for years at a time only to deliver disappointing 10 to 20 hour single player.

While I by no means suggest that evolution and use of technology should remain stagnant, I as a gamer of 20 years, have seen the polish over soul trend of the gaming industry become more and more prevalent or at least that is how it seems from where I stand.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just getting old, but on seldom occasions have I enjoyed games as much as I did, not 20 years ago when I started playing as a kid, but 10 years ago.

I love gaming and I don't see my self stop gaming, but I do see myself severely cutting back (something which I have already done to some extent) unless devs start paying as much attention to gameplay as they seems to pay to impressing the masses with the surface values.

Alpha Brit wrote:apparently the Xbox 720 will have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 and the PS4 will have a AMD Radeon HD 7670. if that is true then by the time they are released they will be outdated by a year or two.

At least the console is closed hardware, as it allows for optimization. But I really think consoles are a thing of the past.

Consoles are already PC's, granted really really shitty ones. But they are.

Fuck paying for proprietary shit like consoles make you do.

Fuck paying extra for internet access.

Fuck having limited control inputs

Fuck having no mods

Fuck 720p

Etc etc....

Also fuck 60 dollar games that take a year to be discounted.

Rectal Tenesmus wrote:At this point I don't really care to be honest as I personally believe the quality of gaming has had a serious decline over the past generation, with few exceptions.

Quality gameplay has slowly been ostracized in favour of grandiose cinematic sequences and uber-realism. We see games developed for years at a time only to deliver disappointing 10 to 20 hour single player.

While I by no means suggest that evolution and use of technology should remain stagnant, I as a gamer of 20 years, have seen the polish over soul trend of the gaming industry become more and more prevalent or at least that is how it seems from where I stand.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just getting old, but on seldom occasions have I enjoyed games as much as I did, not 20 years ago when I started playing as a kid, but 10 years ago.

I love gaming and I don't see my self stop gaming, but I do see myself severely cutting back (something which I have already done to some extent) unless devs start paying as much attention to gameplay as they seems to pay to impressing the masses with the surface values.

This is why Im tiring on consoles.

All the motion control BS is killing core games. It seems all Microsoft cares about anymore is Kinect.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Also fuck 60 dollar games that take a year to be discounted.

hell, MW2 is still £40 (full price) in most shops i browse through. it really takes the piss compared to the Steam sales.

Last edited by Alpha Brit on 2012-07-15, 17:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote dun goof'd)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum