chunckylover53
Captain Pirate Pineapple
Ron Swanson
JrTapia1991
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

It's really a turn off when I pop in Battlefield 3 and there's a 3GB+ update whenever a DLC comes out,which takes alllllll day due to xbox live servers sucking and my internet sucking (stuff on steam downloads rather fast,so I'm assuming it's the xbox live servers)

The RE6 demo took forever to DL and it's only like 800mb.

I know I know,disc locked content is evil,but,I'd rather download a 100kb key than spend all day downloading whatever DLC comes out >___>

my internet connection and hard drive thank you capcom Razz

Forgive me but FUCK disk locked content

With a 40 inch water balloon

Last edited by Mr. Lundegaard on 2012-08-29, 16:44; edited 1 time in total

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

It sucks when you buy a game later in its life and pop it in only to have to spend 3 hours dling patches before you can play

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I'd rather download a patch than have disc locked content. Sure it's quicker to unlock it then, but it pisses me off knowing that I have that content and can't play it.

chunckylover53

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Forgive me but FUCK disk locked content

This, fuck it with no lube, it's terrible.

Capcom is the worst.

I cant see myself buying another Capcom game for quite some time.

Pariah

Pariah

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:FUCK disk locked content

Wouldn't the balloon pop? wouldn't a cactus work better?

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

A 40 inch cactus..... Sounds like a night at Soap's house.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Captain Pirate Pineapple wrote:A 40 inch cactus..... Sounds like a night at Soap's house.

Maybe disc locked content isn't as bad as the huge Battlefield 3 "patches" Cold

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Disc locked is worse.

Well for me anyways.

Honestly it just looks like your location has shafted much of your online experience Jr.

Pariah

Pariah

Has anyone ever found a way to break the lock on disc locked content? I'm not sure how exactly it's made to function, whether buying it gives your game a certain "code" to unlock it or what, but I imagine if crackers got industrious and started stealing that DLC, we'd eventually not have Disk-Lock DLC.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I believe there's ways to hack into the game and extract/unlock the content. I remember back on MW2 I heard there were some hacked lobbies of some hidden game mode that was supposedly on the disk.

Duck

Duck

it doesnt bother me. I know if it wasnt on the disk I'd have to buy it AND download it too, so it's just something to my advantage.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DLC is DLC. It doesn't matter in the slightest where it comes from. Not one bit.

It is a digital medium so its location makes no difference. Only whether or not you have paid for the right to have access to it.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

DLC is DownLoadable Content. If I'm not actually downloading it, it's not really DLC. So yes, where it comes from do matters. And no, downloading a 100KB unlocker is not downloading it.

Publishers can just go ahead and put in the box that some of the content is locked on the disc, and you just unlock it by paying extra. Don't say it's DLC, because it's not.

But anyway, at this point most people know which companies do this, and they can be avoided.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

If its content like what Capcom usually does with their games, then fuck on disk DLC.

But if its something like, say what Epic did with Gears 3. How they were constantly upfront and told people they were already working on DLC, to be released after the game was released, then thats fine.
Like for example, the Horde Command pack. They announced months before release they were already working on DLC to be finished after the game was out. Well they delayed the game, that team finished the DLC, so they put that DLC on the disk and set that team onto bug finding and small fixes before release date.

That kind of content is fine with me. If it is something that was well known to never have been a part of the game to begin with, its fine with me.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ars Diaboli wrote:DLC is DownLoadable Content. If I'm not actually downloading it, it's not really DLC. So yes, where it comes from do matters. And no, downloading a 100KB unlocker is not downloading it.

Ok, but how? How exactly does it matter, because you didn't actually give any reason.

DLC is just the accepted term for additional content, paid or free, for digital media. Where it comes from is irrelevant and the fact that it is on the disc doesn't mean you own it, or have any right to access it.

All that really matters is if you think it is worth buying. If it has value to you.

I don't agree with paying extra for shit that already on the disk

Thats just shady business practice IMO

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Metalzoic wrote:
Ars Diaboli wrote:DLC is DownLoadable Content. If I'm not actually downloading it, it's not really DLC. So yes, where it comes from do matters. And no, downloading a 100KB unlocker is not downloading it.

Ok, but how? How exactly does it matter, because you didn't actually give any reason.

DLC is just the accepted term for additional content, paid or free, for digital media. Where it comes from is irrelevant and the fact that it is on the disc doesn't mean you own it, or have any right to access it.

All that really matters is if you think it is worth buying. If it has value to you.

Eh, it may be your "accepted term for additional content". It's not for me, and neither is it for others. For me, DLC is exactly what its name says it is. You don't sell me chicken and say it's beef. Simple, really.

And actually, you can access locked content if you go out of your way to crack the disc. You own the disc, as much as the companies cry and whine that you can't access more than they want you to, and that you only have a license to its content blah blah. The most they can do is lock you out of their services for breaking their EULA (which means shit), in a similar vein to Microsoft voiding your warranty if you open your 360.

They can feel free to change the name and just come clean about their business practices (which would incite a lot of funny rage Laughing). Either way, there's very little DLC I actually buy. I'd rather support other developers and publishers.

I just remembered your stance on this Metal, so I'm pretty sure we'll just agree to disagree Laughing

Chewy

Chewy

DLC came about because it allowed for developers to add things into the game that they didn't have time for during the main production.

Locking content on the disc has nothing to do with that and is just a shitty way for publishers to go against the pricing standard for AAA games. It sucks not getting a complete game, and in order to get the complete game you have to pay a disproportionate price for an "add-on".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum