the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

maybe, the next cod patches

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1maybe, the next cod patches Empty maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:25

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

theyre good.

I can't wait. They need to fix the sounds BAD; you can't hear footsteps, and if somebody's around a corner, even 2 feet away, you can barely hear an unsilenced weapon firing. Thank God, is all I have to say; if it does come out on Friday, Treyarch will become my favourite game developers.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i know right, a game company who works AFTER launch, what is that? XD

I know it, I'm psyched. When I got Black Ops, I compared the MP to listening through a pair of noise-canceling headphones, which is even worse than WaW, which was like listening to a battlefield inside of a giant sink or toilet bowl; everything echoed like you were in a cave, and it was muffled when you entered any sort of building it seemed.

I still don't get how footsteps got screwed up in the first place

it seems so sasdafflghlg,;

JDM_Jev wrote:I still don't get how footsteps got screwed up in the first place

I think they turned them down, just so people couldn't sound whore, but I think that they didn't realize that it was a bad idea. BC2 footsteps are louder than BO footsteps sometimes, and that says something.

StormEye

StormEye

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
JDM_Jev wrote:I still don't get how footsteps got screwed up in the first place

I think they turned them down, just so people couldn't sound whore, but I think that they didn't realize that it was a bad idea. BC2 footsteps are louder than BO footsteps sometimes, and that says something.
WTF!!!!

What happened to tactical play? Did that throw that out of the window altogether now?

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Really? I guess I'm the only one that thinks the sound is good.

Nah, it's coming back, because people were complaining about it (including me and everyone else), I think they were worried because a lot of people without headphones complain about soundwhoring.

10maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:45

xsilentshooterx wrote:Really? I guess I'm the only one that thinks the sound is good.

Even with my headphones turned all the way up, I've had people without Ninja sprint up behind me from a mile away and knife me, leaving me saying, "WTF?!"

11maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:47

StormEye

StormEye

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Nah, it's coming back, because people were complaining about it (including me and everyone else), I think they were worried because a lot of people without headphones complain about soundwhoring.
LoL, those people should just go play Quake or Unreal Tournament if they want to run around everywhere shooting at something without thinking much about what their movement will create as a consequence.

12maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:48

I agree ten-fold Stormeye. Very Happy

13maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:48

Good news. Thanks for sharing, Hen.

14maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:51

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Awesome. Happy to hear this.

15maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 00:54

Call of Duty players generally think Ninja was a good idea because it saved the meta game supposedly. I remember in CoD2 people didn't blitz the bomb site in two seconds and plant. There were tactics beyond 'beat enemy team to X map choke point'.

Everyone who whines about headsets has to consider that surround sound beats the shit out of that. If only I could afford it Sad

16maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 01:01

StormEye

StormEye

Surround sound vs Headset is still debatable, but I just don't understand how people complain about sound whoring.

If they do not care much about videogame to not invest in sounds, they must be casual gamers who are just happy to run around shooting people without worrying much about paying too much attention. If they are hardcore gamers, then what the heck are they complaining about something that they have not done?

17maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 01:02

JDM_Jev wrote:Call of Duty players generally think Ninja was a good idea because it saved the meta game supposedly. I remember in CoD2 people didn't blitz the bomb site in two seconds and plant. There were tactics beyond 'beat enemy team to X map choke point'.

Everyone who whines about headsets has to consider that surround sound beats the shit out of that. If only I could afford it Sad

IMO, Ninja is OP, but Dead Silence was perfect.

Lol at surround sound beating headphones, nowhere close. Surround sound take up a lot of space, not to mention it doesn't shut out unwanted noise either.

18maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 01:29

ninja and dead silence did the same thing, unless we're talking about the pointless tack-on 'pro' effects.

There are no competitive CoD4 servers that allow the use of Dead Silence. Simply because it's a perk that hampers tactical play. I hate how console *** always insist it's a necessary perk, that would be like if any competitive ladder left 3 Frag and the M203 grenade avaliable for use. Obviously not broken to the same extent but still the fuck.jpg

And it depends what quality headset you have Storm. Decent surround sound is = a good headset imo. Haven't tried A40s or literally anything on that Astro line >_>;

The biggest difference between surround sound/headset is lack of the mic obviously. There's quite a bit of audio bleed if you choose to use a mic with surround sound.

Edited by Metalzoic: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 pm:
Post edited for offensive language: Warning given

19maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 01:33

Ninja makes your footsteps almost completely unhearable (Ninja Pro did, at least), Dead Silence didn't quiet them nearly as much)

20maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:27

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

imo, make the sound in hardcore or a separate gamemode. i know you shelled out 100 some odd bucks for a headset, but my connection aready puts me one tier below most players , i dont need any more shit

i dont know how ninja pro is to get but it should be hard and ony able to sound whore when you are barely moving

21maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:30

The sound in Black Ops is ridiculously quiet. Even with my old TV with only the left speakers working, I still used sound to help me find people back in WaW, before I had a headset. It's bullshit that you can't hear people running right next to you.

Turtle Beach X1's only cost $50 or so, and are worth every penny; I would definitely recommend buying them.

22maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:30

*X11s

X1s are incredibly dated and have poor audio quality.

23maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:31

JDM_Jev wrote:*X11s

X1s are incredibly dated and have poor audio quality.

They still work fine for me, and X11's are $100 or so.

24maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:45

X11s are actually $60.

25maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:49

Wait, are the X11's corded or cordless?

26maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:53

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Wait, are the X11's corded or cordless?

Wired.

1fnbighen wrote:imo, make the sound in hardcoreor a separate gamemode. i know you shelled out 100 some odd bucks for aheadset, but my connection aready puts me one tier below most players ,i dont need any more shit

i dont know how ninja pro is to get but it should be hard and ony able to sound whore when you are barely moving

I bought a headset because of where my console is situated in my house(and because I like, or should I say 'liked' to game at night).

If you're going to whine about an advantage held by other players but refuse to level it then quite honestly you're a moron. You can work just fine without a headset, but recognizing the competitive leverage in using one and proceeding to ignore it is moronic. It shouldn't be a monetary issue since they're not expensive in the slightest (no more than a game for a good one, anything higher is a waste of money).

By biggest beef with Ninja/Dead Silence is that whenever MLG or any competitive ladder(PC aside of course) sets up their rules, they always leave Ninja in the clear.

It fits perfectly into the scope of something that a) over-emphasizes the game and b) removes or hampers several aspects of tactical play. Same with everything else on the ban list. It's overpowered.

27maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:56

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i didnt get the point of jdms post just there, are you saying im complaining and just too much of an ass to get headsets?

28maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:58

They must be quite new then, because I got my X1's a couple of years ago, and I never saw any X11's.

Also, Ninja Pro is OP; if it was like Dead Silence, it would fine though, because you can still hear them.

29maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 21:59

I'm saying that if you're going to play public and bitch people for sound-whoring maybe you should consider getting a headset.

Or continue to bitch because it definitely solves stuff right

And X11s have been out for a while now...I got my pair around 7 months ago when they weren't even new.

30maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:01

Hmm...they must've been more expensive at the time.

Also, you don't have to be such a dick to Tallness just because he doesn't want headphones.

31maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:05

Well I had to simplify that and that's what I got. I don't mean to come across as a dick ever, that's just my personality.

Surround sound or headset = serious gaming. Whining about serious gaming and then not-doing anything about it = wasted effort.

32maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:06

Well, I see your point there. I'm just trying to help you avoid getting yelled at like me, lol.

33maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:08

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

JDM_Jev wrote:I'm saying that if you're going to play public and bitch people for sound-whoring maybe you should consider getting a headset.

Or continue to bitch because it definitely solves stuff right

And X11s have been out for a while now...I got my pair around 7 months ago when they weren't even new.

headset or new game? hmm. i dont think a headset 'll do right now

its actaully a dick move for the guys that shell out most of their money on the game and the upperclass gets to yet again overpower the lower. if all i have is my voice right now ill use it so you can shut the fuck up now

34maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:09

Actually my family is lower-middle class. I personally buy everything I use for gaming.

That was sort of a pointless remark.

35maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:12

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

JDM_Jev wrote:Actually my family is lower-middle class. I personally buy everything I use for gaming.

That was sort of a pointless remark.

cool, you use most of ur money on getting an edge in gaming (if ur telling the truth).

seems like a good use of money

my statement was all point u can read right?

36maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:15

Again, I said that I bought a headset because of where my console is situated in the house. My parents complained about the noise so I bought myself one. Now they don't. Problem solved.

Buying a headset is no more expensive than LIVE or a game. I buy games infrequently. I don't need LIVE often.

I enjoy gaming therefore I have no issue spending money on it.

37maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:21

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

if it costs the same as a game or ive then id have to give up one like most people in a recession in the world.

if u have a headset good u can use ninja pro jsut dont make it so a headset means u have another big advantage over someone that may not be able to afford it.

38maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:25

I'm no stranger to poorness. That's why I don't have a 360 anymore, I can't afford a new one and I probably won't be able to for the foreseeable future.

39maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:27

1fnbighen wrote:if it costs the same as a game or ive then id have to give up one like most people in a recession in the world.

if u have a headset good u can use ninja pro jsut dont make it so a headset means u have another big advantage over someone that may not be able to afford it.

Having a headset never gives you that much of an advantage. If somebody is still not as good as the other player, they will probably still lose. Having a headset just really helps out; my K/D jumped by about .25 on average when I first got my headset; it's like actually being able to hear people, but if you're still a shitty aim, or not as good as the other person tactically, you'll still die.

40maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:36

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

JDM_Jev wrote:I'm no stranger to poorness. That's why I don't have a 360 anymore, I can't afford a new one and I probably won't be able to for the foreseeable future.

ur just bitching and being a moron, anyone can get money

kitsune its a distinct advantage over someone who has nothing legitimate to counter, ninja pro is useless to a guy without a headset which sets them back further. its a 60 dollar perk that most people in the lower class doesnt have the option to get. what if you were the guy with the .25 k/d becasue of ur shtitty connection and no headset, it would ruin ur experience

41maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:41

Oh yeah because I was definitely a dick right? It's called budgeting. I didn't foresee my console randomly ass-ploding after the 2-year warranty I purchased expired. I was of the assumption I'd be covered in the event of it dying, but Microsoft is notorious with its technicalities regarding shit like that. I'm sorry I didn't insure my console.

It was a curve ball and threw what otherwise has been my perfect money sense out the window.

I can go without games, because honestly not many of them interest me. I bought a headset because my parents basically forced it on me. Stop being a chode, pull your head out of your ass and use some common sense.

Just because someone spent their own money differently than you doesn't make them a 'richboy high class republican asshole oh my god'.

42maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:43

No, what I meant was, that my K/D went up by .25 when I started using them. Even before I had headphones though, I'd just turn up my speakers really loud, so I could hear people; just think, I only had one speaker that worked, and my video would go out sometimes; I remember once on Dome I got a double kill when my screen went out, and I had to blindly shoot and pray I shot them, and I did. xD Usually didn't turn out that well though. But anyways, I had to turn, and face my left "ear", the direction that I wanted to hear somebody in.

43maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:52

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

hey jdm, what u just felt and what i just said is aexactaly what u just said to me so, "stop being a chode, pull ur head out of ur ass and use some common sense"

if u followed murpheys law u would have planned ahead and ur budgeting should have left u a back-up plan

and what if i cant spend my money anydifferently and be happy? now think if you didnt buy those headsets, ud be closer to a new 360.

ur tottaly blowing my gripe out of proportion. i just said that the upper class definatley has an advantage over the lower class. ur acting like ive been bitching ever since i got on the forums. cool the fuck off man what did i ever do to you.

44maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:55

My budgeting was that I had a 2-year warranty. If I could have purchased a 3-year plan I definitely would have.

My back-up plan was that I'd get RROD or any of the hardware failures covered by MS for three-years, not one that apparently only applies to 10% of consoles.

again, fuck you. If I didn't smoke for so long I'd have more money in the bank. That's where my 360 went.

The headset was something I wouldn't have been able to game without anyway. Not some 'omg sick advantage whine whine whien'

Done discussing this.

45maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:56

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:No, what I meant was, that my K/D went up by .25 when I started using them. Even before I had headphones though, I'd just turn up my speakers really loud, so I could hear people; just think, I only had one speaker that worked, and my video would go out sometimes; I remember once on Dome I got a double kill when my screen went out, and I had to blindly shoot and pray I shot them, and I did. xD Usually didn't turn out that well though. But anyways, I had to turn, and face my left "ear", the direction that I wanted to hear somebody in.

yeah i dont have that luxury to blast my tv either. its an advantage that someone has nothing of

46maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:57

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

JDM_Jev wrote:My budgeting was that I had a 2-year warranty. If I could have purchased a 3-year plan I definitely would have.

My back-up plan was that I'd get RROD or any of the hardware failures covered by MS for three-years, not one that apparently only applies to 10% of consoles.

again, fuck you. If I didn't smoke for so long I'd have more money in the bank. That's where my 360 went.

The headset was something I wouldn't have been able to game without anyway. Not some 'omg sick advantage whine whine whien'

Done discussing this.

good now u can look back on this and wake up

47maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 22:58

1fnbighen wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:No, what I meant was, that my K/D went up by .25 when I started using them. Even before I had headphones though, I'd just turn up my speakers really loud, so I could hear people; just think, I only had one speaker that worked, and my video would go out sometimes; I remember once on Dome I got a double kill when my screen went out, and I had to blindly shoot and pray I shot them, and I did. xD Usually didn't turn out that well though. But anyways, I had to turn, and face my left "ear", the direction that I wanted to hear somebody in.

yeah i dont have that luxury to blast my tv either. its an advantage that someone has nothing of

That sucks. Sad My walls are kinda thick, so I'm glad I can be loud and get away with it.

48maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-18, 23:27

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Start playing nice or I'll lock this topic.

On topic: I definitely noticed the difference in sound after the patch. I actually heard (and turned around and killed) 2 people right off the bat simply because you can actually hear footsteps now.

Oh, and not to irritate you DDP but I picked up some X41's today! Very Happy

49maybe, the next cod patches Empty Re: maybe, the next cod patches 2010-11-19, 03:04

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i really am looking back at this like wtf scratch

i think i was tring to just say that i didnt like how someone always had a small step up on me.i actaully dont know why i continued this, i had a really shitty day today and i took a nap so maybe that helped.

i apologize jdm

wtf is it with my topics and big ass arguements

good for you zoic

lol i was about to post "gfy zoic"
would you have taken that as "good for you zoic" or "go fuck yourself zoic"? XD that couldve sucked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum