You are not connected. Please login or register

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up....

+2
Ante
StormEye
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... Empty Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... 2012-09-04, 21:51

StormEye

StormEye

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... 07mp4_000578927

Its only been over just a week or so since the purchase...

Darn it!

At least I have kept my Antec 750W PSU (my last PSU) just in case, so I'll be able to shove that in tonight after work, but I have no idea if there are other components that might have been damaged.

More work... and possibly more expenses...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait what?

Your PSU blew up?

How did that happen exactly?

Shit man.....PSU could be issues.

Ante

Ante

Hope it didn't fry anything else, man. Sucks.

At least your 680 wasnt in there yet....

StormEye

StormEye

Just playing good ol FONV, and suddenly I heard a loud 'POP', and the power went out on all wall sockets. Had to reset power for the entire room.

Tried turning on PC again, but it won't start up at all. So I checked the mobo LED, and of course its off.

Connected up my old PSU to the mobo to check if its not the mobo that is not functioning anymore. The mobo LED turns on, so its Corsair PSU thats the issue...

The problem is that Hong Kong's return policy is 7 days from purchase, and its 3 or so days after that 7 days. So most likely the store will tell me to go to the warranty shop, BUT I don't think this PSU is sold officially in Hong Kong (since I have not seen it being listed as Asia on Corsair website). So maybe its $ wasted...

Sorry to hear that man......I had epic problems with this build before it was stable so I know what your feeling. At least you have a backup.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Corsair I thought had a bad rep, perhaps I'm thinking of another brand.

I have a Corsair PSU

Ante

Ante

Corsair is one of the better brands.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

shitty deal man. Yeah corsair is supposed to be pretty good. You must have just got a bum unit.

StormEye

StormEye

I just hope that other components are not damaged. Don't want to spend more money on the things that I have had suppressed my impulsive urge to buy.

Oh, 590 I don't really give a flip (though I still need it until 680...).

I had to go through 4 Mobos to find a working one for this build. Fucking Foxconn

Hopefully all goes well Storm.

Keep us updated.

StormEye

StormEye

Foxconn?

I absolutely hate that brand...

It was my second mobo brand in my US PC.

BTW, you know they make stuff for Apple, right?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

*Removes pin from his StormEye Computer Voodoo Doll*

I sunk to your level Storm

Theres some pretty neat shit down here

StormEye wrote:Foxconn?

I absolutely hate that brand...

It was my second mobo brand in my US PC.

BTW, you know they make stuff for Apple, right?

I have an Asus board. But Foxconn makes just about everything.

StormEye

StormEye

Frostbyrn wrote:*Removes pin from his StormEye Computer Voodoo Doll*

I sunk to your level Storm

Theres some pretty neat shit down here

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... 02avi_001481958-1

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

*Pokes a pin into the CPU*

StormEye

StormEye

Frostbyrn wrote:*Pokes a pin into the CPU*

Thats going to be $340 extra expenses for 3770k.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

*Pokes it into the Monitor*

Frostbyrn wrote:*Pokes it into the Monitor*

I hate you and your frustrating sigs

StormEye

StormEye

Sym wrote:

Adblock it.

Frost is considered as advertiser on my PCs.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

StormEye wrote:
Sym wrote:

Adblock it.

Frost is considered as advertiser on my PCs.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

This is a good idea.....

Chewy

Chewy

That sucks man...

Seems like you don't have a lot of luck with hardware.

StormEye

StormEye

I never seem to have much luck with anything.

I was just hoping 680 will be the turning point, but it got broken with the unmet delivery/pick-up schedules.

Hope it works fine when it gets here though.

Hope your luck turns man

StormEye

StormEye

Sym wrote:Hope your luck turns man

Thanks.

4 hours until the customer hotline opens for the store I have bought PSU from, to see what kind of procedure (or non-procedure....) I have to take for the warranty.

I have an Intel Mobo I have yet to RMA

StormEye

StormEye

Huh?

Guess its out of laziness? Or is it because some other circumstances that prevents you from doing so?

I know I have had gone the lazy way and bought another part (same thing actually) due to both laziness and time restraint.

Oh yea pure Laziness

I just bought my Asus mobo since I didnt want to wait 8 weeks for it.

StormEye

StormEye

I might actually go with lazy path, if I have to mail my thing overseas that probably takes forever (or REALLY expensive...).

Darn it. I really don't want to shove my old PSU into my new case...

Can't go back to non-modular PSU after experiencing modular...

Yea I know the feeling. Actually including this Intel I went through 5 mobos to find one that worked. Such a bitch.

Living in China you probably know a thing or two about that awesome company Foxconn huh

StormEye

StormEye

Our family business has some dealings with Foxconn, so I know a little more about that company more than many others.

Its actually one of the better companies in China, considering how post apocalyptic that place is (I still consider Hong Kong as Hong Kong, darn it!). But for the standard that we expect, and most people of the Western world, its pretty much sub-par.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Sym wrote:

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... X-Qo_kwDA0-nD-BGXZR5EQ2

That is crazy man, at least nothing else was fried. Good luck getting it rma'd and replaced.

StormEye

StormEye

Tom wrote:That is crazy man, at least nothing else was fried. Good luck getting it rma'd and replaced.

We don't know much yet.

1. I only confirmed that the mobo LED turned on. Does not mean its fully functional.

2. I don't even know I can get the warranty thing done in Hong Kong. 4 hours or so until I find out.

3. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea about every other component, since there was no superficial way to test it (I have not fully powered my PC on past blowing up). Only thing I have done was smelling the parts...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bPXVGQnJm0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

StormEye wrote:
Tom wrote:That is crazy man, at least nothing else was fried. Good luck getting it rma'd and replaced.

We don't know much yet.

1. I only confirmed that the mobo LED turned on. Does not mean its fully functional.

2. I don't even know I can get the warranty thing done in Hong Kong. 4 hours or so until I find out.

3. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea about every other component, since there was no superficial way to test it (I have not fully powered my PC on past blowing up). Only thing I have done was smelling the parts...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bPXVGQnJm0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well shit man, that is not good at all. I am not sure on this but I believe if the psu died because of a manufacture defect, they are responsible for whatever parts it took with it.

StormEye

StormEye

Thats if Hong Kong is covered in the Warranty zone.

Corsair website does not list Asia as an option in the customer support section (for AX series), so the store may have bought it from Austrailia or something.

Chewy

Chewy

Or maybe it was a knockoff.

Did you pay $3.50 for this PSU?

StormEye

StormEye

Chewy wrote:Or maybe it was a knockoff.

Did you pay $3.50 for this PSU?

LoL!!!!

Nah, its legitimate Corsair product.

Its just that it might have reached Hong Kong store in a not so official trade route.

This happens quite often in Hong Kong, just because despite Hong Kong being FREE TRADE zone, companies are required to have certain number of staffs in Hong Kong, if they want to sell certain amount of volume and products.

Corsair probably did not want to have many staffs, so they may have had third party company be an agent in Hong Kong, but did not give license for AX series. However, there is a decent amount of High-End PC market (TINY compared to US, but people that do buy have lots of cash. People pay things mostly in cash 100% here in Hong Kong. Dropped down $2000 worth of cash on my first build up. LoL). So stores often get things unofficially.

Despite most cases are well resolved, sometimes there is no way of warranty to be carried out. Just hope this is not the case this time.

StormEye

StormEye

Good news

There is a PROPER agency in Hong Kong, handled by a third party company called Altech, so I can bring it in for repair/exchange/etc.

Bad news

Its open during the regular office hours only... And briefly on Saturday.

That means I will only be able to get things done this weekend...

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... 03avi_000576826

I don't want to re cable everything just for 5 day PC usage, and recable AGAIN after RMA...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

What were you really doing this weekend? Very Happy

Did you Mom find you a nice girl? Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

Probably continue being a bum

<_<
>_>

Slide~

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Corsair AX750 PSU blew up.... Anim_mooningsmiley

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

sucks man but at least you can get it fixed under warranty. I'd be so pissed if something I bought failed after 2 weeks of usage.

StormEye

StormEye

GOOD NEWS

NOTHING ELSE BROKEN!!!

In fact, posting from it at the moment.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:GOOD NEWS

NOTHING ELSE BROKEN!!!

Thumbs up Awesome!

StormEye wrote:GOOD NEWS

NOTHING ELSE BROKEN!!!

Word

StormEye

StormEye

I have SOMEHOW managed to shove my non-modular power supply into the case with pretty much similar internal air flow.

Both PSUs do have similar specs (including power efficiency and so on), but this one's only problem was the risk of it not being tidy in the case. However, since I was able to shove it in there with pretty much similar internal air flow now, I just REALLY feel lazy to shove my Corsair back into the case, once the RMA is completed...

DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StormEye

StormEye

Forgot to post update here.

The agency just gave me a brand new one.

Will install this along with 680, when it arrives.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum