the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ubisoft gives up cheesy DRM

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ubisoft gives up cheesy DRM Empty Ubisoft gives up cheesy DRM 2012-09-05, 04:43

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://kotaku.com/5940535/ubisoft-gives-up-on-its-stupid-pc-drm?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Thumbs up

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

about damn time. always online DRM is so dumb it can't possibly have been designed by anyone who has ever played a game.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

The Adli Corporation wrote:about damn time. always online DRM is so dumb it can't possibly have been designed by anyone who has ever played a game.

I agree

StormEye

StormEye

I do not support piracy by and means, but I really don't think game developers / publishers should introduce any intrusive DRMs. It never really hurts any non-legitimate users, but only the legitimate ones.

They need to realize that putting DRM will not net them with additional profit, but in actuality increase their expenses along with MAYBE a MARGINAL increase in revenue. This is not even a good business practice...

Banker's point of view.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

Chewy

Chewy

A lot of you guys are so against DRM... but love Steam... I don't get it...

StormEye

StormEye

I do like Steam, but I do not support the need to be online to play aspect.

At the moment, Steam's advantages HEAVILY outweigh its disadvantages, and its better than most other options available to me.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Chewy wrote:A lot of you guys are so against DRM... but love Steam... I don't get it...

advantages >>>> disadvantages. steam isn't just DRM. it also doesn't have to be online all the time, i have had no issues with the offline mode.

Yes Steam allows for offline mode, which is essentially the issue with Ubisofts DRM.

10Ubisoft gives up cheesy DRM Empty Re: Ubisoft gives up cheesy DRM 2012-09-06, 18:42

Chewy

Chewy

I've had problems with it before.

It would be nice if they just let you bypass the client completely if you have games installed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum