Duan
Frostbyrn
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 01:28

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I knew my people were retarded and this just further proves it

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/7637322/Shakespeare-in-twilight-of-academia

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/5539356/Twilight-scores-top-NCEA-grades

For reference an "Excellence" is basically an A and a "Merit" a B

2Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 03:05

Duan

Duan

WTF my school cut out as much NCEA as they could and used the Cambridge international exams

i fucking hate NCEA it is such a stupid system

also any NCEA papers we did do you had to do on selected text or texts approved by the HoD, shit like this makes me glad i never had to do that fucking system

although once i did do finding nemo in a cambridge exam because i could, got an A for that

Last edited by Elf and Safety on 2012-09-19, 03:17; edited 1 time in total

3Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 03:07

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lucky bastard

God NCEA sucked balls

4Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 03:36

StormEye

StormEye

Is that something like an AP and GCSE for NZ?

5Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 03:53

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

AP is advanced placement right?

I dont think NCEA is that since everyone has to do it

6Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 04:56

Duan

Duan

and how fucking easy it is to pass

you can get 16 credits just for doing a barista course, you don't even have to pass. you need about 80~ to pass overall

also you can get credits just turning up in some classes

7Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 05:06

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I passed math and english lvl 1 my first year in high school

Was like 2 years away from being able to officially take them

8Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 05:35

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

for once i can't be smug about this shit, the english exams boards are a complete joke right now. its a total farce. they are dropping GCSE's (after a fucking mentally disabled decisionto not remark papers that were obviously undermarked) and making people do Baccalaureates from now on... fuck that shit.

seriously. people who took the exam in january got WORSE GRADES than people doing the exam same exam in the summer, because the grade boundaries had changed. the Welsh government forced a regrade for the jan papers but the english government didnt...

fucking cunts. there is a reason why science students are declining, its because the education is SHITE and Baccalaureates will make it WORSE for people that just want to focus on science.

fuck that shit. /rant.

9Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 06:44

StormEye

StormEye

I did International Baccalaureate when I was in HS.

10Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 07:29

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

StormEye wrote:I did International Baccalaureate when I was in HS.

its not an IB, its an ''English Bac Certificate''. yup... we are inventing our own...

11Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 08:12

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Tom wrote:
StormEye wrote:I did International Baccalaureate when I was in HS.

Just looked these up, and I have to say I do not think I could write a 1000 word essay in 2 hours. That is just insane.

yeah, certain subjects are a bitch. i had to write 4 essays in 3 hours for Philosophy and Ethics (smaller essays but they add up when they are in a row) and also 2 huge essays in 3 hours for History.

it kills your wrist, i much prefer the science papers which ask a ton of 1-8mark questions as opposed to one 70 mark question Razz

12Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 15:57

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

The Adli Corporation wrote:for once i can't be smug about this shit, the english exams boards are a complete joke right now. its a total farce. they are dropping GCSE's (after a fucking mentally disabled decisionto not remark papers that were obviously undermarked) and making people do Baccalaureates from now on... fuck that shit.

seriously. people who took the exam in january got WORSE GRADES than people doing the exam same exam in the summer, because the grade boundaries had changed. the Welsh government forced a regrade for the jan papers but the english government didnt...

fucking cunts. there is a reason why science students are declining, its because the education is SHITE and Baccalaureates will make it WORSE for people that just want to focus on science.

fuck that shit. /rant.

Michael Gove just needs to piss off right now.

13Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 17:46

Pariah

Pariah

I've just taken AP tests so far, not IB or anything else. And it's worked out rather well for me Razz

14Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 18:44

Khfan60

Khfan60

Not even taking honors classes anymore. I've never enjoyed school this much.

15Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 19:31

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

By honors you mean AP correct? Don't have any of those. Just taking CP history the past two years. Been thinking about applying for honors, i have good enough grades.

16Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 20:19

Camel wrote:By honors you mean AP correct? Don't have any of those. Just taking CP history the past two years. Been thinking about applying for honors, i have good enough grades.

Honors and AP classes are different. Honors are just accelerated classes, while AP classes are suppose to be college level. If you take a test after the AP class and pass you get a college credit for it.

17Oh fuck you New Zealand Empty Re: Oh fuck you New Zealand 2012-09-19, 20:29

Pariah

Pariah

Camel wrote:By honors you mean AP correct? Don't have any of those. Just taking CP history the past two years. Been thinking about applying for honors, i have good enough grades.

AP is much harder than honours, it's a totally different class. AP is college-entry level, basically a freshman course. Honours is just a bit more in depth than the regular class.

I've taken and gotten AP credit for:
AP European History, Physics B, Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. This year I'll be adding Statistics and either Biology or Computer Sciences to that list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum