Pariah
Frostbyrn
Patrick Star
menacinglemon
Artimise Flare
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 18:27

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

The Adli Corporation wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:Dune is a great series.
also, check out:

Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained (aka Commonwealth Saga)
The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist and The Naked God (aka Nights Dawn Trilogy).

both series (both written by Peter F Hamilton) are really good sci-fi Very Happy

Are those pretentious as fuck? Because that always kinda bothered about Dune. Messiah, Children, and God Emperor were just irritatingly heavy.

they're not as heavy as Dune, no Smile

Good.

Spoiler:

52Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 18:28

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

and yes, nothing beaks reading a physical copy, there is just something about it.

53Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 18:33

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

MEGA MILK wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:Dune is a great series.
also, check out:

Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained (aka Commonwealth Saga)
The Reality Dysfunction, The Neutronium Alchemist and The Naked God (aka Nights Dawn Trilogy).

both series (both written by Peter F Hamilton) are really good sci-fi Very Happy

Are those pretentious as fuck? Because that always kinda bothered about Dune. Messiah, Children, and God Emperor were just irritatingly heavy.

they're not as heavy as Dune, no Smile

Good.

Spoiler:

haha, the Dune series does have a tendency to ramble on. Nights Dawn and Commonwealth are less rambly, and have a lot of viewpoint characters Smile

although there is a really REALLY batshit INSANE part of the Commonwealth saga with Ozzy... its strange. that's the only part of the commonwealth saga that i didnt like, mainly because it was less sci-fi and more like a random hippie road-trip out of nowhere. its very odd in the context of the rest of the book.

54Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 19:49

Pariah

Pariah

MEGA MILK wrote:

Dune the first is my favourite book of all time. The rest are...less wonderful. Messiah is good but complex, Children is great, God Emperor is pretty complex but I enjoyed it, Heretics just gets messed up once you learn more about the Tleilaxu, and I'm waiting to read Charterhouse Dune.

55Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 20:43

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Pariah wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:

Dune the first is my favourite book of all time. The rest are...less wonderful. Messiah is good but complex, Children is great, God Emperor is pretty complex but I enjoyed it, Heretics just gets messed up once you learn more about the Tleilaxu, and I'm waiting to read Charterhouse Dune.

Chapterhouse is the shit, probably my favorite of all of them

56Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 21:37

Pariah

Pariah

MEGA MILK wrote:
Chapterhouse is the shit, probably my favorite of all of them

Really? Thats great to hear. I've been begging our school librarian for it for a year now, it's finally in and I'm getting it first.

Honestly, what kept me interested through the entire series past Dune was
Spoiler:

57Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-09-30, 21:46

Pariah

Pariah

btw, while we're already talking about literacy and books...

"dying"

58Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 01:08

sheep

sheep

BOOKS!

Speaking of which, my favorite author comes out with a new one tomorrow.

I own hardbacks, paperbacks, and read the kindle on my iphone. I'm considering getting an actual kindle type thing one day, simply because its a hell of a lot easier to carry around than my books. And then.. my books won't get bent! Or dirty. Or anything.

But then I would have to buy multiple copies.... Poo.

59Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 11:36

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

sheep wrote:BOOKS!

Speaking of which, my favorite author comes out with a new one tomorrow.

Your talking about JK Rowlings new book, the GF bought it and didn't love it so far.

As far as book reading goes I own a lot of books, hard and paper, and I spent about 4 hours reading this weekend. study

60Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 14:37

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I really should more....I did alot growing up in the ghetto because of nothing else to do really

61Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 15:28

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

JrTapia1991 wrote:I really should more....I did alot growing up in the ghetto because of nothing else to do really

Read Game of Thrones man. Its fantastic.

62Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 17:34

Pariah

Pariah

Lucky wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:I really should more....I did alot growing up in the ghetto because of nothing else to do really

did you read any of the others in the series? or just the original?

Because I can go on for fucking hours about it.

63Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 17:59

< Reads graphic novels like a true nerd

64Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 18:13

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:< Reads graphic novels like a true nerd

winning.

65Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 18:14

I love me some Batman graphic novels.

I own most of them, and have a bunch on my wifes Kindle.

66Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 19:05

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Pariah wrote:
Lucky wrote:

I'm halfway through Clash of Kings now bounce

67Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 19:16

Pariah

Pariah

Lucky wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Lucky wrote:

I'm halfway through Clash of Kings now bounce

nice. i'm through Dance of Dragons for the second time, and I'm planning on getting Winds of Winter day one

68Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 19:17

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

finished the SoFaI series, can't wait for the next one. so many twists and turns, its awesome Very Happy

69Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 19:32

Pariah

Pariah

and in every twist and turn, someone you love has died! Very Happy

70Book reading, a dieing art. - Page 2 Empty Re: Book reading, a dieing art. 2012-10-02, 19:41

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:and in every twist and turn, someone you love has died! Very Happy

Spoiler:
is a straight-up pimp.
Spoiler:
are the only characters that have survived, that i like Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum