Well here goes ( just one long song)

+3
chunckylover53
Pariah
Epyk MD
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I just have one request, if you do listen to it, listen to the whole thing. Its a long, progressive song thats meant to be listened to all the way through.

This song is one I worked on alot a few years ago. All instruments are written, played and recorded by me.

I THINK Hydra may have heard this a long time ago

Reason Im bringing it back is Im going to be taking it apart and reconstructing it as a new song.

http://soundcloud.com/symbolic47/song-288/s-yG6iK

If that link doesnt work please let me know ( it should )

No need to be nice. If you think its sucks just tell me Very Happy

Also the FIRST 25 seconds are so sounds a bit rough, I didnt record it to well.

EDIT- had to fix the link

Last edited by Sym on 2012-10-04, 19:22; edited 1 time in total

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

All I get is a page with your name. No audio files.

FUCK

Hmmm well that sucks. The site says I can share it......

Last edited by Sym on 2012-10-04, 19:19; edited 1 time in total

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

same

http://soundcloud.com/symbolic47/song-288/s-yG6iK

this?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

yep

Nice. Well at least I got it working

Soundcloud is kind of wonky lmao

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

It works. Sorry he kid spilt milk on my keyboard and half the buttons don't work. Had to find my phone.

No problem

Im just glad I got it working

Well that was a fail Mad

Last edited by Sym on 2012-10-04, 20:39; edited 1 time in total

Pariah

Pariah

I'll listen after I get home from fencing. This is a placeholder til then.

Well there are only 2 possible options here

Nobody listened to it

OR

nobody liked it ( far more likely ) lol

chunckylover53

It sounds really low? I cranked my speaker up and i can't hear it that much.

Siren

Siren

I had no problem hearing it. Made lovely background music while I wrote my shit horror story for school Very Happy

Though when you said long, I was thinking it would be like over 10 minutes long Razz

Pariah

Pariah

nice. I'm likin it. It sounds good from a technical perspective, though after a while I lost interest. It just felt a little homogenous throughout.

Thanks for the input

Its still a project that Im working on.

I plan on fleshing it out alot more, and maybe even breaking it down into two songs.

And Chunky the volume is low, something about SoundCloud muffled the sound, Im trying to figure it out right now actually. Could you make out any of it?

Also Pariah you have a good ear. The song is really built on a few riffs that I made slightly different. Its the progressive nature of the music I write, but I do agree with you.

Thinking of composing a nice solo to go in the middle. There is already alot of lead work in it, but not a traditional solo.

chunckylover53

It's cool i just put my headphones in and made it work a lot better.

Well thats good.

When I listen to it from the file the sound is fine, but when I listen to the cloud version, it is really low.

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Also Pariah you have a good ear. The song is really built on a few riffs that I made slightly different. Its the progressive nature of the music I write, but I do agree with you.

Thinking of composing a nice solo to go in the middle. There is already alot of lead work in it, but not a traditional solo.

My friend Nik used me as a focus group for his bands, I'm used to the critiquing.

If I may suggest, go with the idea of splitting it into two songs. It's good quality throughout, but it loses quite a bit by the length alone. Two shorter songs, maybe isolate a few of the dual-guitar segments, and you've got a much better final product.

Yea I think thats what I might do.

Cut it down into a few 4 and half minute songs

Only thing is I would have to re program all the drums which I DO NOT want to do again lmao

I wish I could actually play drums like I can program them , as it would be much easier.

Pariah

Pariah

Are there gonna be any lyrics to it later on or is it an instrumental piece?

Siren

Siren

*new something was a little off with the drums but didnt say anything*

Ahhh theyre programmed. I was gonna say, don't sound as smooth and natural. lol drums are tricky though...soo much coordination.

Im debating on that

Ive got over 20 songs to pick from that Ive wrote, but Im just not feeling it for any of them.

I might try to write a new song specifically for it ( which would be the best thing to do )

But the music itself is so disjointed and off beat ( on purpose ) that its a hard style to write for.

I can write lyrics, but CANNOT sing or do any sort of vocals. Im just horrible. And since my band broke up I dont access to a singer right now.

Siren

Siren

wish I was in a band u . u

Learn to play an instrument, then just do it

Its my favorite thing in the world, and goes a long way to keeping me sane.

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Im debating on that

Ive got over 20 songs to pick from that Ive wrote, but Im just not feeling it for any of them.

I might try to write a new song specifically for it ( which would be the best thing to do )

But the music itself is so disjointed and off beat ( on purpose ) that its a hard style to write for.

I can write lyrics, but CANNOT sing or do any sort of vocals. Im just horrible. And since my band broke up I dont access to a singer right now.

I'd say go with the pure instrumental on this. It could conceivably work with the right vocal range, but if you don't have access to a competent singer, might as well not risk it.

Siren

Siren

I can already sing well and have been playing piano since I was really little. I can play really good, I just don't know anyone who has a band ><

Siren

Siren

but carry on you two Very Happy

Pariah wrote:
Sym wrote:Im debating on that

I'd say go with the pure instrumental on this. It could conceivably work with the right vocal range, but if you don't have access to a competent singer, might as well not risk it.

Agreed

Thanks again for the input. This was what I was looking for. Right now my access to other musicians is limited as my city SUCKS for music, much less metal.

Ill probably take some time and make them into two songs, then re program the drums.

Im gonna spend alot of time writing solo stuff until I can get another band together. Id like to release my own album If I could get it recorded properly

This recording was done on my home computer awhile ago and is very low quality

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:
Im gonna spend alot of time writing solo stuff until I can get another band together. Id like to release my own album If I could get it recorded properly

This recording was done on my home computer awhile ago and is very low quality

It's not that bad really. I mean it's not studio quality, but for a self-edited work it's good.

Well thanks for the kinds words

Pariah

Pariah

If I may ask, what programs were you using to put this together?

Cakewalk Sonar 6

Drum Kit from Hell 2

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Cakewalk Sonar 6

Drum Kit from Hell 2

Don't know about the drum kit from Hell 2, but I'm jealous of Cakewalk. That is some nice software.

Chewy

Chewy

Not bad...

Some extremely talented and creative guitar work, I like it.

Biggest part it could improve imo is fleshing it out a bit more. Like maybe add a bass if possible. Better recording quality could help out a bit with this too as you'd be able to hear a bit more of the guitar and such, but it's not bad quality for a home recording.

Thanks Chewy

Thats really nice of you

Yea I know the recording is not the best. But I make used of what I have. Pro recording equipment is SOOOOOO very expensive. Which Im sure you already know.

Thanks for the words about the guitar playing, it means alot.

Yea it DOES INDEED need some bass. I could record some lines, but need to get an actual bass amp as I dont have one.

chunckylover53

Become a vocalist Siren, then you don't have to play an instrument and you get most of the attention and everyone else gets shadowed.

So it seems that soundcloud also converts the music down to 128 kbps for streaming, which is what I am thinking is causing your track to have such a low volume. Try converting it yourself to a 128kbps mp3 and see if you have the same issues on your end.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah I'm pretty sure soundcloud does degrade quality, one of my tracks on it is quiet as shit.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:So it seems that soundcloud also converts the music down to 128 kbps for streaming, which is what I am thinking is causing your track to have such a low volume. Try converting it yourself to a 128kbps mp3 and see if you have the same issues on your end.

I believe it also sums the audio to a mono file so there's no stereo mix everything just up the middle basically. That could make things pretty muffled.

Chewy

Chewy

Nah it's still stereo, you can hear cymbals and guitar on alternating sides.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

also good stuff Sym. I'm not 100% if this is the tune you had sent me or not. You know if you have tabs of this I could probably record a bass track for you. Doesn't sound like there's any riffs in here that I couldn't pull off with some practice. I don't have anything better to do since both of my bands broke up.

The music scene around here is a joke. There used to be quite a bit of metal bands and other bands too now there's nothing. The last two bars that held metal shows just closed down last weekend ones turning into a country bar and the other into a douchey night club. There's only like one bar left that has live music on a consistent basis.

Siren

Siren

chunckylover53 wrote:Become a vocalist Siren, then you don't have to play an instrument and you get most of the attention and everyone else gets shadowed.

kk sounds like a plan

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Late to the game.
I really liked to guitar through out.
I felt so so about the drums.

I could probably come up with some TABS

There are a few riffs in there that I dont remember how to play LMAO

I would love some bass behind it though.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:I could probably come up with some TABS

There are a few riffs in there that I dont remember how to play LMAO

I would love some bass behind it though.

Yeah if it's not too much trouble for you I'm definitely willing to help. I'm practically going crazy over here with no musical outlet.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

chunckylover53 wrote:It sounds really low? I cranked my speaker up and i can't hear it that much.

Unmixed and un-mastered always music has lower loudness levels.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I like it. I'll be glad to add some vocals to it for some fun if you like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum