We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is what I get to learn now

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pariah

Pariah

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/

I'm scared and seriously impressed at the same time. This is all so... interesting? fascinating? complicated? It looks really fun. I can't wait to become somewhat proficient in Java.

StormEye

StormEye

I studied programming back in highschool, and a little in university (was a business student, but there were LOTS of geeks in my dorm), but have not kept on pursuing it.

Recently, I am feeling the need to brush upon the basics.

Bla125

Bla125

It's not that hard to learn. Super fun Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

the only problem I have with it is that the book is written extremely poorly (my teacher actually keeps a copy of it in the restroom just because it sucks). For examples, when it gets to the part about methods, there's literally A paragraph to teach you. And the primary example they use is strings, which defy a shit ton of regular rules. And even worse, the ass who wrote the textbook is the ass who writes the AP exams.

Bla125

Bla125

Don't worry methods aren't that hard to learn Smile

Pariah

Pariah

Bla125 wrote:Don't worry methods aren't that hard to learn Smile

nah, methods aren't bad at all. Just the fact that they're an integral part of java, and the man dedicates...*counting* 5 sentences to them.

also, that he dedicated an entire sentence to explaining the entire concept of primitive types.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum