1whats cracking gents. Empty whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:01

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

hmm?

2whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:02

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

its 2am, im off to bed Razz

played firefall, lost track of time until 1am, .checked emails, facebook, forums, youtube... lost track of time again Razz

3whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:03

chunckylover53

Been pretty shitty lately, but just got black ops 2 today.. Not bad played a few matches and did ok for a guy who hasn't played COD in ages.

4whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:03

Pariah

Pariah

Black Friday, got a few things for Civ and Fallout 3 GOTY, and I bought some christmas presents early. I found some diamond and gemstone bracelets, bought one for my sister and one for my mum.

5whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:05

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I picked up Skyrim for 39.99 and USB Soundcard so my Razor headphones would work on my mac. Going to record some skyrim maybe to see how it looks

6whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 22:33

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Hanging out with family mostly.

7whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 23:06

Duan

Duan

Eating, then i have work soon QQ

8whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-23, 23:09

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

got a few xbox games cheap Very Happy ,got a few steam games on sale.Even all these years later I can't find left 4 dead 2 cheaper than about 20 on xbox....so I got it plus the free dlc for 5 bucks on steam lmao.

didn't care much to have a big family dinner on thanksgiving...I was ghetto and just had a turkey tv dinner haha.

been looking at prebuilt i7 desktops or even i5 desktops.Might just go i5. I know everybody always said online to get the i5 for gaming,but I figure why not get the i7 lol.

9whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 01:25

Chewy

Chewy

Mostly been hanging out with family and catching up with some friend I haven't seen in months/years.

Will be doing the same tomorrow as well. Except instead of hanging out with friends that I haven't seen for months/years it will mostly be friends I haven't seen since yesterday.

10whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 01:26

I had a ham for thanksgiving and got a PS3. I also got a 100 foot ethernet cable. For the most part this week has been pretty swell.

11whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 01:33

Zillah

Zillah

I bought a shit ton of clothes, and my brother bought a new xbox. it came with black ops 2, its alright...

12whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 03:15

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Nothin. just chillin, killin.

13whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 08:42

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:got a few xbox games cheap Very Happy ,got a few steam games on sale.Even all these years later I can't find left 4 dead 2 cheaper than about 20 on xbox....so I got it plus the free dlc for 5 bucks on steam lmao.

didn't care much to have a big family dinner on thanksgiving...I was ghetto and just had a turkey tv dinner haha.

been looking at prebuilt i7 desktops or even i5 desktops.Might just go i5. I know everybody always said online to get the i5 for gaming,but I figure why not get the i7 lol.

Actually an i7 could actually potentially hurt your performance in some games. An i7 is basically an i5 but with hyperthreading. They are both 4 physical cores. The i7 just does some kind of software magic (I don't know how exactly it works) to make it 8 virtual cores but only programs that support hyperthreading can take advantage of this and the majority of games don't. It's more meant for editing and rendering. So I'd say go i5 and with the money you save dump that into a better GPU which will make a hell of alot more difference.

As for what's going on with me not a whole lot. Still struggling to get some kind of band together. It's looking more and more like I'll need to go solo.

I also fired up my xbox for the first time since Dawnguard came out. I played some Skyrim naturally. I'll be getting back into gaming I think.

14whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 10:44

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:got a few xbox games cheap Very Happy ,got a few steam games on sale.Even all these years later I can't find left 4 dead 2 cheaper than about 20 on xbox....so I got it plus the free dlc for 5 bucks on steam lmao.

Actually an i7 could actually potentially hurt your performance in some games. An i7 is basically an i5 but with hyperthreading. They are both 4 physical cores. The i7 just does some kind of software magic (I don't know how exactly it works) to make it 8 virtual cores but only programs that support hyperthreading can take advantage of this and the majority of games don't. It's more meant for editing and rendering. So I'd say go i5 and with the money you save dump that into a better GPU which will make a hell of alot more difference.

As for what's going on with me not a whole lot. Still struggling to get some kind of band together. It's looking more and more like I'll need to go solo.

I also fired up my xbox for the first time since Dawnguard came out. I played some Skyrim naturally. I'll be getting back into gaming I think.

i hope the next-gen consoles have some kind of quad/hex-core CPU, that would really kick the developers into gear when it comes to CPU optimisation.

15whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 10:48

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea I think I'll just go with the i5.

As for the OS.....Right now I have in my wishlist the actual retail windows 7 home premium ,it's 179...ouch lol. The oem version is like,99 I think,but.....I heard it's alot of trouble to reinstall if the motherboard goes out,etc.

This cyberpower i7 I was looking at is a good deal at 799,but....I was looking up and it only has the 1333mhz ram,and uses some intel b75 mobo,and alot of the people say the psu blew up >__>,I hear that alot on prebuilt reviews lol. It did have a 2gb AMD 7750 gpu though.

yea I saw you on skyrim Razz ,I was chumpin em on hardcore deathmatch on bf3 lol.

damn you steam sale....you're addicting. Civ 3 for 2 bucks lol Smile

edit:there's the i7 prebuilt I was looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229365

16whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 23:45

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

i was a bachelor for the weekend since the gf went to visit family. but now she is back and she tells me i have to wear pants regardless of my protests. so that sucks

17whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-24, 23:56

Siren

Siren

thanksgiving with the fam, and a shit ton of shopping....realizing that my laptop, despite some intended efforts to try and get a new graphics card won't accept a new one, so I've been passively looking at making room for a computer or getting an xbox.

But really nothing else interesting.

18whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 00:22

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

xbox is fun,although I dislike paying for xbl,but meh lol

19whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 07:13

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Siren wrote:thanksgiving with the fam, and a shit ton of shopping....realizing that my laptop, despite some intended efforts to try and get a new graphics card won't accept a new one, so I've been passively looking at making room for a computer or getting an xbox.

yeah, most laptops (mine included) have GPUs soldered to the motherboard Sad

if i get another laptop its going to have a removable GPU for sure.

20whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 08:19

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

The Adli Corporation wrote: I hope the next-gen consoles have some kind of quad/hex-core CPU, that would really kick the developers into gear when it comes to CPU optimisation.

The Extreme i7s actually have 8 physical cores but 2 of them are locked so you only get 6 usable ones.

But yeah at close to 1000$ I doubt their will be an intel hex core in a console Razz. You might see an AMD quad in there. They make an 8 core in the AMD FX series but I heard they are kind of poopy.

21whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 08:48

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote: I hope the next-gen consoles have some kind of quad/hex-core CPU, that would really kick the developers into gear when it comes to CPU optimisation.

The Extreme i7s actually have 8 physical cores but 2 of them are locked so you only get 6 usable ones.

But yeah at close to 1000$ I doubt their will be an intel hex core in a console Razz. You might see an AMD quad in there. They make an 8 core in the AMD FX series but I heard they are kind of poopy.

AMD make good CPUs and APUs for the low-end market, but if you are a power user then you really want to go for Intel since they have the better high-end products Smile

22whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 09:11

StormEye

StormEye

The Adli Corporation wrote:AMD make good CPUs and APUs for the low-end market, but if you are a power user then you really want to go for Intel since they have the better high-end products Smile

And probably buy a OC protection plan, and do some extreme OC'ing.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

23whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 11:20

Khfan60

Khfan60

Just got home from my friends house party. Got moderately fucked up off 6 beers. Im a lightweight Crying or Very sad

24whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 12:09

Siren

Siren

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Siren wrote:thanksgiving with the fam, and a shit ton of shopping....realizing that my laptop, despite some intended efforts to try and get a new graphics card won't accept a new one, so I've been passively looking at making room for a computer or getting an xbox.

yeah, most laptops (mine included) have GPUs soldered to the motherboard Sad

if i get another laptop its going to have a removable GPU for sure.

iz sad :'c

25whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 13:07

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I was looking at those AMD cpus,like the new 8 core that just came out last month,etc.....in the benchmarks....it was extremely sad,even the intel i3 dual core chumped it >____> .....something to do with the cache on the amd cpu is too slow or some geek talk Razz

26whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 13:23

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

all this cpu talk means nothing to me >_>

i suggest we change gpu to "ninja unit" , and when we refer to cores we should call them "piles of bacon" so that i can begin to grasp wtf your talking about

27whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 13:25

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:I was looking at those AMD cpus,like the new 8 core that just came out last month,etc.....in the benchmarks....it was extremely sad,even the intel i3 dual core chumped it >____> .....something to do with the cache on the amd cpu is too slow or some geek talk Razz

clock speed and number of cores does not determine performance, its much more complicated than that. this is why Intel CPUs obliterate AMD CPUs for power use (ie extreme gaming, rendering, simulating, etc).

28whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 13:35

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I was surprised,I guess having 2 fast cores are better than 4 slow ones,etc. .I want the i5 myself Razz

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-FX-8350-Vishera-8Core-CPU-Review/

and yes bacon is good Razz

29whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 13:54

Pariah

Pariah

I looked it up, and surprisingly my AMD cpu benchmarks better than a lot of i5's and a few of the lower end i7's.

30whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:20

sheep

sheep

I find this topic sexist. I would like to lodge a complaint.

31whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:25

I have an I7

I like it

32whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:29

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:I have an I7

I like it

which processor do you have?

33whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:32

I7 960

So a rather high end I7, not amazing, but rather solid ha

Its stock at 3.2 Ghz, which Ive kept it at.

Thinking about giving that bitch an OC though.....

34whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:40

Pariah

Pariah

That's a good processor. If I ended up building a desktop for college, I'll have to get an i7.

35whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:44

I do music editing and some film editing on this PC so the extra oopmh from the I7 is worth it to me

36whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:45

Pariah

Pariah

I've begun to experiment a little bit with audio editing (audacity, basically the lowest level of music editing), and I want to start making Source FM videos. That and modeling is sometihng that's started to interest me.

37whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 21:48

Im still a novice at recording and editing, But I can do it well enough.

Programming drums is where I shine though....love doing it for the most part

38whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 22:03

Siren

Siren

sheep wrote:I find this topic sexist. I would like to lodge a complaint.

lol no one even acknowledges.

(you sexist bastards.)

39whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 22:14

sheep

sheep

I know! I leave for a while and they all lose their god damn manners. Gonna have to get my mommy voice out again and beat the little bastards with a wooden spoon.

You were not a good queen bee in my absence Siren. You must ALWAYS berate, abuse, and punish them when they are bad. ALWAYS. lol

40whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 22:18

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

sheep wrote:I find this topic sexist. I would like to lodge a complaint.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-6Pbc8SQwV8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

41whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-25, 22:28

Siren

Siren

sheep wrote:I know! I leave for a while and they all lose their god damn manners. Gonna have to get my mommy voice out again and beat the little bastards with a wooden spoon.

You were not a good queen bee in my absence Siren. You must ALWAYS berate, abuse, and punish them when they are bad. ALWAYS. lol

whips tend to work better... Twisted Evil

Will keep that in mind in the future~

42whats cracking gents. Empty Re: whats cracking gents. 2012-11-26, 08:01

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Im still a novice at recording and editing, But I can do it well enough.

Programming drums is where I shine though....love doing it for the most part

Seriously? you actually like clicking in all those drum hits? It practically makes me want to pull my beard hairs out haha...I always leave coming up with drums last cause I dread it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum