DRGN LRD 1213
chunckylover53
Pariah
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So my news Empty So my news 2012-11-30, 09:31

Pariah

Pariah

I forgot to tell you guys my big news. I was accepted into my first university. I applied to University of Minnesota - Twin Cities a few weeks ago, and the acceptance letter came last night. And like a genius, I managed to pick it up in just the wring way and paper cut the skin right above the nail on my left index finger. The surprise came when it bled for three straight hours. So yeah, I've been accepted into the College of Biological Sciences, and with all the bandages and medical tape, my hands look wrecked.interesting day for Pariah. Oh and I had to wake up at 4 today to drive my mum and sister to a skate tournament. So yeah, I'm mentally dead.

2So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 09:38

chunckylover53

Congratulations sir, i woke up too a bunch of angry drunk texts from a woman. Woke up at 8, got them around 4:40AM.

3So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 10:00

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Congrats dude! They would be lucky to have you!

4So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 10:42

Pariah

Pariah

Thanks DL. They're (atm) my only choice. I'm still waiting to hear from UW Madison, UMich Ann Arbor, UI Urbana, Stanford and Augustana.

Gil, if you're not making someone angry merely by existing, you're doing life wring.

5So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 10:56

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

congrats Pariah, waiting for results and my Uni invitiation was the worst part of my A-Levels, but its an awesome feeling when it falls into place. hope you have fun in your first year and for gods sake SORT YOUR FINANCES OUT IN ADVANCE!!!! its horrific having to spend your first month of uni without any money (this happened to several of my friends in various unis).

6So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 10:57

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

woo Razz

7So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 11:00

Pariah

Pariah

Adli, I've been saving money for ages. I have a small "last reserve" fund for college.

8So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 11:01

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:Thanks DL. They're (atm) my only choice. I'm still waiting to hear from UW Madison, UMich Ann Arbor, UI Urbana, Stanford and Augustana.

when you choose your Uni, bear in mind the actual location. if the course is amazing but the location is horrible you will not enjoy your course as much. try and choose a good course in a good location. a shithole will make 3 years into a nightmare but a nice town will make things a lot more enjoyable.

its the reason i chose Bangor over Plymouth or Portsmouth, it was a good course in a beautiful location, Plymouth and Portsmouth are hardly areas of natural beauty Razz

9So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 11:25

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Thumbs up grats dude!

oh and I have to ask...what's with this "wring" thing?

10So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 11:29

StormEye

StormEye

First acceptance always is a good thing to celebrate for.

I remember getting admitted to university 2 months before my highschool finals, and had most of my school mates hating me due to just forgoing my study. LoL

11So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 11:54

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

HydrasBreath wrote: Thumbs up grats dude!

Epyk spelled 'wr0ng' as 'wring' and we mocked him, then he make a filter that changes wr0ng to wring (hence me using a 0 instead of o)

12So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 12:07

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

The Adli Corporation wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote: Thumbs up grats dude!

Epyk spelled 'wr0ng' as 'wring' and we mocked him, then he make a filter that changes wr0ng to wring (hence me using a 0 instead of o)

ah ok gotcha...I thought you were all writing wring on purpose. I thought it was some new meme or something.

Yeah I remember when I was accepted to uni. It wasn't that big a deal for me since I live in a uni town and it's the only one I applied to and getting in there was pretty well a sure thing for me. The requirements weren't crazy. It's a small uni so they aren't too picky who they let in.

13So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 12:10

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Haha when I applied for College I got into everywhere I wanted....chose maybe the wring school, but I finish this year so...another 2-3 years of college after that for a different program.

But the 1 Uni I applied to (RMC) I didn't get in...not enough sports/not high enough grades.

14So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 12:30

Pariah

Pariah

If I get into Stanford, I'm going there. that's my top school. Though Twin Cities is really good.

And yes, I mistakenly hit "i" instead of "o".

15So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 12:33

Bla125

Bla125

Sadly I just moved taway from minnesota to wahington so I can't lick you.

16So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 14:38

Khfan60

Khfan60

Congats Pariah

Ugh, this topic made me realize I have to start applying to colleges.

17So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 14:58

Pariah

Pariah

Are you a senior Lovin?

If so, you got fucked dude. Most colleges are done accepting by Jan. 1, and a ot of them have brought that to Dec. 1

18So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:04

Zillah

Zillah

I got accepted to the University of Missouri, although there is a good possibility that i'm going to be going to university in the UK next year.

19So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:09

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:Are you a senior Lovin?

If so, you got fucked dude. Most colleges are done accepting by Jan. 1, and a ot of them have brought that to Dec. 1

Damn that's early. I suppose if it's a competitive school...Most around here are like march-may.

20So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:11

Pariah

Pariah

HydrasBreath wrote:

Damn that's early. I suppose if it's a competitive school...Most around here are like march-may.

many schools offer early admission, with a higher chance of acceptance. I missed that deadline for Stanford sadly.

21So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:17

Congrats

Dont go to that shit hole called Michigan

22So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:21

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

many schools offer early admission, with a higher chance of acceptance. I missed that deadline for Stanford sadly.

That's bullshit...It shouldn't matter when you submit an application. Grades should be that only thing that really matters.

All the schools I've looked at up here it doesn't matter when you submit. I haven't looked at the big schools like Mcgill though. It could be different for super competitive schools.

23So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:29

Pariah

Pariah

Hydra, here's the saddest thing. A friend of mine is getting a full ride to Madison. I'm applying there, and I hope to get in. I have fantastic grades, and a whole ton of clubs. He's a football player. And as dumb as a stump. And he gets the free college. Fuck him.

Sym, Ann Arbor is one of the best undergrad veterinary medical schools in America.

24So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:32

Ann Arbor smells

25So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:49

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:Hydra, here's the saddest thing. A friend of mine is getting a full ride to Madison. I'm applying there, and I hope to get in. I have fantastic grades, and a whole ton of clubs. He's a football player. And as dumb as a stump. And he gets the free college. Fuck him.

Sym, Ann Arbor is one of the best undergrad veterinary medical schools in America.

wow that's pretty lame. Uni athletics aren't that big a thing up here. Don't think you can get a full ride based on just athletics. I think full rides in general are quite rare...You might get like half if you have really good grades. Tuition is alot cheaper than the States though so there's that too.

26So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 15:50

If hes playing football for the school he will help bring in exponentially more money than a regular student.

27So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 16:44

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:Congrats

Low blow bro. lol

UofM has one of the best science and medicine departments in the world.

28So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 16:55

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Zillah wrote:I got accepted to the University of Missouri, although there is a good possibility that i'm going to be going to university in the UK next year.

ooh, which uni would it be?

29So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 17:09

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I don't think any of you have any idea how much money a football player at a big Div 1 school is worth (U of Wisconsin is one of those schools). And the College gets to make millions off their football programs because of these kids.

30So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 17:25

Pariah

Pariah

Oh I completely understand he's going to bring them more money. However as a student I feel absolutely fucked over because of that. I have no problem with dudes (and chicks!) playing football for cash, that's an awesome job.

But when it's a publicly funded university (universities are in principle there to educate people, unless I've got a vastly imperfect definition), the fact that they'd rather have a guy who couldn't pass a basic science class than an eager student is complete bullshit.

Notice, my problem isn't with him being picked over me. My problem is with the whole public-university system being designed to put serious students at a massive disadvantage for profit

31So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 17:27

Zillah

Zillah

Zillah wrote:I got accepted to the University of Missouri, although there is a good possibility that i'm going to be going to university in the UK next year.

The two im considering are University of Portsmouth for poli sci, and University of Aberwystyth for International relations. Do you know what sort of reputations either of these schools have over there?

And its strange that for me, going to school in the UK would all in all be cheaper than going to school in Missouri/most places in the US

32So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 17:43

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Zillah wrote:

The two im considering are University of Portsmouth for poli sci, and University of Aberwystyth for International relations. Do you know what sort of reputations either of these schools have over there?

And its strange that for me, going to school in the UK would all in all be cheaper than going to school in Missouri/most places in the US

Aberystwyth is a 5 hour train journey away from Bangor Very Happy

and i was thinking of going to Portsmouth, but i much prefer Bangor as a place to live.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/aberystwyth
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/portsmouth

league tables aren't exactly that great, but there are some student reviews to look at Smile

and yes. if Nick Clegg hadn't been such a spineless douche i'd still be paying 3k a year instead of 9k. fuck politicians.

33So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 17:47

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i dont see anything wring here.

34So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 18:12

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

HydrasBreath wrote:

RMC deadline is Jan 25th...most deadlines are 25th of jan...but you do not find out till april/may/june (unis at least)

35So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 18:40

Ferris wrote:

Low blow bro. lol

I know Very Happy

Just had to take my shot there

36So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 18:45

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Low blow bro. lol

I know Very Happy

Just had to take my shot there

Granted some of the areas around the state are shit holes Razz

37So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-11-30, 23:56

Pariah

Pariah

Well, I'm going to be starting in a scientific major, most likely a declared biology with a probable shift later on. That and I intend to take a decent amount of physics in college.

I know Ann Arbor is enormously well rated for biology, Lansing (or is it Lancing?) is AMAZING with veterinary medicine (something like 8th in the world).

Then again, the fourth best university for Comp Sci in the world is about 100 miles from me...

38So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-12-01, 00:10

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I went halfway around the world for college...robably going another 250miles for another college program after this year...distance you get used to....having no family around you do...it sucks but you get used to...learn to cook everything and everything

39So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-12-01, 15:56

Khfan60

Khfan60

Yeah.

Im only applying to 2 colleges and im pretty sure they're both until jan 1st or later. Plus I have my(very short) resume done and my essay done. Dunno if I need letters of recommendation or not though. I really don't have too much worry's about it though, I should be able to get accepted into both of them.

40So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-12-01, 16:06

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Congrats Pariah!

41So my news Empty Re: So my news 2012-12-01, 16:15

Pariah

Pariah

Khfan60 wrote:

Yeah.

Im only applying to 2 colleges and im pretty sure they're both until jan 1st or later. Plus I have my(very short) resume done and my essay done. Dunno if I need letters of recommendation or not though. I really don't have too much worry's about it though, I should be able to get accepted into both of them.

I kinda went overboard on letters of rec. I have 6

Thanks Metal!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum