Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are all the games I want to get FPS's?

+4
Metalzoic
D
DRGN LRD 1213
Frostbyrn
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Minecraft, falllout, black ops. Has this become the defacto standard for new games?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

No its because Devs are focusing on them because theyre the most popular genre

They need to Focus on making some cool RTS games for the PC

Frostbyrn wrote:No its because Devs are focusing on them because theyre the most popular genre

They need to Focus on making some cool RTS games for the PC

Did you even play SC2 or the other 10+ that were released last year?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol i was thinking more Black and White 3 or a sequel to that RTS where you could mix animals together to make units

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

FOr me I like FPS because my schedual can be chaotic and sometimes I have only 30 minutes to play, or sometimes I have 2 hours. FPS can be played for only 30 minutes and walked away from.

I played Dragon Age this weekend and you have to sit there for at least an hour to get something done.

D

I love killing stuff from the first person perspective.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I just love FPS's. Always have since I played Wolfenstein 3D and for some reason I just never get sick of them.

At the moment I'm playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow though and check the 360 once in a while to see if I can invade Doomsday's or Mister Zombee's DR2 game for some co-op (no luck yet though Sad )

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I like playing FPS online. It's just fun to play with and against others in a FPS game I think. The only other game I have ever even remotly enjoyed online was Starcraft. And TBH THe real fun of that game was when a bunch of my friends would gather and we would link our CU;s for a LAN party. I used to call these my geek parties. We would play till dawn sometimes. Even some of my non geek friends would join sometimes and have a blast. Ahhh those where the days. I don;t even have an interest in starcraft 2 though because the fun to me was the LAN parties.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I used to do that at the store. Invite some cooler customers and lan battle warcraft 1/2, command and conquers, Duke Nukem, Doom, Heretic etc... until we had to open for business again the next day.

Fun times.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea we did warcraft some, as well as one of the mech warriors. These where fun times. It was with a bnch of the folk when I used to work at Officemax. SOmething that I couldn;t replicate today. *sigh* Now I sad DRGN.

Metalzoic wrote:I just love FPS's. Always have since I played Wolfenstein 3D and for some reason I just never get sick of them.

At the moment I'm playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow though and check the 360 once in a while to see if I can invade Doomsday's or Mister Zombee's DR2 game for some co-op (no luck yet though Sad )

I had a busy weekend. I may be up for some co-op this week.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

There is nothing more competitive than FPS online, and thats why I like them so much. As for the other games mentioned, namely Fallout, that game just kicks ass

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Everyone keeps talking about Fallout. Maybe after O pl;ay Dragon Age I'll have to get Fallout.

StormEye

StormEye

StarCraft can get very competitive, and it brings hate to the fellow countrymen who do not play the game. LoL

I like FPS caz its what I'm used to now. Having been through competition, online and offline events, it sort of reminds me of my younger days.

Man I sound old...

LoL

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I loved Starcraft but never got to the point of being over competitive. I think playing mainily with friends helped.

My favorite moment in games occured on a LAN party with Starcraft. I'm not saying I discovered this first but I did with my group of friends. I played protoss and sent a drone in the very begining of the game back behind the Teran players base and built a pylon, and started building canons. Started taking out his workers and I hear in the other room. "God damn it! Jonathan just built a base next to me and killed me!" THen he yells. " GOD DAMN CHEAP SHIT!!!!!!!

HAHA house rule came up that this tactic was not alowd anymore! Good times!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I use to work at chuck e cheeses, you've not seen competition until you see 4 grown me sitted at barbie racers screaming and cussing at each others while their 6y/o daughters keep asking when they can play.

StormEye

StormEye

Why are all the games I want to get FPS's? 1200408215-38-18

D

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Everyone keeps talking about Fallout. Maybe after O pl;ay Dragon Age I'll have to get Fallout.

You've never played FALLOUT 3!!?!!!?!?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Simon Phoenix wrote:
DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Everyone keeps talking about Fallout. Maybe after O pl;ay Dragon Age I'll have to get Fallout.

You've never played FALLOUT 3!!?!!!?!?

Nope never have.

Admin

Admin

iv only played about 20 mins of fall out 3

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Did ya not like it? Or not have the time to play it? Time always seems to be my great enemy anymore. I look at something and think it looks fun but then never play it because I never have the time./

Admin

Admin

ii really didn't like how my character didn't talk,,,other than that it was a great game

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

D

20 minutes is not nearly enough time.

D

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Did ya not like it? Or not have the time to play it? Time always seems to be my great enemy anymore. I look at something and think it looks fun but then never play it because I never have the time./

You can save anywhere so you can pick up and play and stop whenever.

Only problem with FO is that it sucks you in.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea but then a week later i come back in and I feel like I have no clue what is going on. That's why I stopped playing Oblivion. After two weeks of not playing I had no clue what was going on anymore.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Time spent on Fallout 3 : approx. 350 hours

D

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Yea but then a week later i come back in and I feel like I have no clue what is going on. That's why I stopped playing Oblivion. After two weeks of not playing I had no clue what was going on anymore.

LOL yeah I had that problem, so I'd just do something else. That's the beauty of it, plus the quest system is pretty good about reminding you where you were going last.

Give it a shot dude, or at this point just get NV.

D

TerryMay wrote:Time spent on Fallout 3 : approx. 350 hours

Hell yeah man. I got up around 300 or so hours myself. Loved every second of it. And I never finished the game lol.

Same with Oblivion I got around 250 hours and never touched the main quest save for a couple of missions.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea I was thinking I was going to pick it up because of all the people in here and other friends all talk about it in a great light. I figure after Dragon Age I'll get it.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

cool thing is you don't have to focus on the main story. you could play for 80 hours and not touch the main quest. plus I didn' have much trouble finding where i needed to go. the quest your currently on will have a map marker indicating where to go

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum