Frostbyrn
Crimson Exitus
TheGM
StormEye
DRGN LRD 1213
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 17:23

It seems that EA decided it was a good idea to make it so you have to buy the game new or a $10 pass to play online.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

More vip shit?

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:More vip shit?
No you can not play online at all without that online pass.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

But are they calling it vip, or something else?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Games not released till tommorow so how do you know this? Or are you trolling?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA You just asked on gamefaqs forums if you could play this online if you rent. Sooooo you are trolling. SO sad Tom so sad.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:HAHA You just asked on gamefaqs forums if you could play this online if you rent. Sooooo you are trolling. SO sad Tom so sad.
I was confirmed on the EA forums that there is an online pass or I just got trolled will edit it if I did.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

We'll if there IS some online pass you have to buy to play online then that is BULLSHIT and I will not be buying this game. Fuckin EA!

Eh wasn't interested anyways really. I just want new vegas and black ops.

10Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 17:54

They're trying prevent people from pirating games, or at least get some of their money back from pirates. You can blame anybody that pirates games and such for this.

11Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 17:55

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I was kinda torn. I was thinking about getting MOH, or Black Ops. If I do get a new game then it will be Black Ops between the two. THe wager matches to me sound fuckin awesome.

12Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:11

StormEye

StormEye

Do not rent Medal of honor. Wpid-regios04-39

13Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:15

TheGM

TheGM

Deciding between MOH and Black Ops is like trying to decide if you want a Sledgehammer or Bowling Ball to crush your testicles.

14Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:17

Ok all new versions of the game come with a online pass but as i said you will not be able to play online at all if you buy it used or rent it without paying $10.

15Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:18

TheGM86 wrote:Deciding between MOH and Black Ops is like trying to decide if you want a Sledgehammer or Bowling Ball to crush your testicles.
What is battlefield Vietnam?

16Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:19

TheGM

TheGM

T-800 wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:Deciding between MOH and Black Ops is like trying to decide if you want a Sledgehammer or Bowling Ball to crush your testicles.
What is battlefield Vietnam?

A Fan mod you pay 15 bucks for.

17Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:23

StormEye

StormEye

Do not rent Medal of honor. CANAAN-051280x720x264AAC10960820-26-56

18Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:24

StormEye wrote:Do not rent Medal of honor. CANAAN-051280x720x264AAC10960820-26-56
What is that picture referring to?

19Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:28

Use your imagination. I imagine it's a reaction to the testicle thing. =( Not fun at all.

20Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:42

Except for the fact that CoD is actually a good game GM, before MW2, and this new one looks to be just as good as the old ones, and they are improving it. No, the decision between MoH and CoD is not like that. It's like wanting to choose between going to a fancy hotel (CoD) or sleeping on a bed of nails (MoH)

21Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 18:57

Crimson Exitus

Crimson Exitus

The online code is too lower used game sales, as the sales from those games does not go towards the developer but instead to the retailer. They began the online pass with Tiger Woods Golf 2010 or whatever and have been doing so since.

Something to look forward to perhaps...

22Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 19:25

I always loved COD games up until mw2. So I will probably get that to keep me busy until battlefield 3 comes out. It had seemed to greatly fix most of the crap that made me despise mw2.

23Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 19:28

Same; when people talk shit about CoD, it tends to make me mad, because, at least IMO, any CoD (bar MW2) IS a better game than any of the BF games I've played so far, but I still like BC2 and 1943, it's just that I feel that the balance is there, and I like people to die to a reasonable amount of damage.

24Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 19:56

I have always preferred BF games.Call of duty is fun for fast paced gunplay. Where I prefer more class based, tactile games like BF. Plus the vehicles b are huge to me. I know you hate them, but BF games have always been about the vehicles.

25Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 20:10

CoD is tactical too, as well as more unforgiving; getting shot means you dead 9/10 times. They both have their ups and downs. MoH is just the worst of both worlds.

26Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 20:22

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Exactly

Also i kinda of liked MW2 as a game but i repeat it was its community that ruined it

Did they go for Servers or stick with Host in Black ops

27Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 20:25

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Search and Destroy makes CoD so much better.

28Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 20:26

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I dont know i dont like CoD for the Pure Fact i like Objective games

29Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 21:07

Higurashi wrote:Search and Destroy makes CoD so much better.

I personally hate Search; I like Domination and TDM. If there wasn't so much lag/explosives, Ground War would be amazing.

30Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 21:10

The low health is cod has many down sides imo. It is much easier to get spray and pray kills in cod, also very noob friendly with the one burst m16 kills too. I think BF practically nailed the damage system. Damn near perfect combo of skill and balance.

31Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 21:44

Minus the M16, yes. MW2 has a lot of BS, but CoD4 was fine (minus the M16, once again). It encourage slow, careful movement, but the UAV discouraged camping for the most part.

BF's damage system has some issues; when the damage multiplier was there, it was perfect. Between hit detection and the low ammo capacity of your weapon, it gets stupid sometimes. It should not take 10-20 direct shots to a human being to kill them, especially when your weapon has a 30 round magazine, and they don't have any armour really. Also, vehicles encourage lots of mediocre players to think that they are very good at the game, for using overpowered pieces of equipment, much as MW2 players think that they're good at CoD, when most are not.

32Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 21:55

Duck

Duck

My main problems with CoD are

Bullet physics: It's way too easy to get sniped, all the guns are too easy to aim, and the all the guns kill too fast. So you just get picked off in an instant under all circumstances instead of being hit or someone missing and then you get to cover and have a big firefight that ends in someone having to do something tactical like flank you or blow up your cover.

Maps/spawning: I just hate this. There is no organization. Playing TDM the spawns are always changing. It shoots tactical play in the foot because the enemy spawn is never in one place long enough to do anything creative. You can't really flank them because once you get there you'll get a kill or two and then the enemy is spawning in a plane a 10 second jog away. Or if you go slowly and check your corners some guy will probably just spawn behind you. You can never tell where you or your team is, there's no organized team effort (there's rarely this in BC2 either, but at least your team is usually an organized failure) and everyone seems to be just running around like chickens with their heads cut off and the person with the twitchiest aim or best camping spot comes out on top.

The first FPS I ever played was BF2:MC for PS2 online. I just got addicted to the whole feeling of "You are here, the enemy is there, go capture the enemy's objective" and now I can't stand not having that organization. Even in objective based CoD games, everybody just plays is like TDM anyways and even though the spawns don't change the maps are so small the enemy just runs behind you spawn camps anyways.

33Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:00

Spawning in CoD is terrible yes, but I also hate BC2's spawn on squad ability. I shouldn't go to knife a lone Recon, then a whole team just magically appears out of his ass and kills me while I'm on my 3rd knifing attempt.

The fact that it's so unforgiving makes me like CoD. Popping out of cover or making one wrong decision will make you die nearly every time.

34Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:04

Duck

Duck

Also, vehicles encourage lots of mediocre players to think that they are very good at the game, for using overpowered pieces of equipment,

I disagree. Though you may say vehicle users aren't neccesarily good at FPS, vehicles are a valid part of Battlefield and hardly overpowered. A tank is a giant rocket magnet that barely lasts a few seconds against a competent team without good team work. Not to mention every vehicle weapon but the light tank gun isn't exactly a guarantee for an effortless kill. The only way to get a lot of points in a vehicle without being good at the game is if you're a gunner in the vehicle of a skilled pilot.

Let's not even get into helicopters. There are plenty of Lv 50's who make it look easy, but you can't forget most newbs can't even fly the things straight much less turn them into overpowered killing machines.

35Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:09

Duck

Duck

Popping out of cover or making one wrong decision will make you die nearly every time.

Yes, that will make you die every time. But the thing I hate is that not popping out of cover or making a wrong decision usually ends up with you dying too. People spawn in places you just ran through and shoot you in the ass.

36Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:10

Tank vs. Infantry will always win with a competant driver. If I'm in a tank, I rarely have troubles, unless there is a stationary at, but then again, if I get once, all you have to do is retreat, snipe the Stationary AT gunner, then go back about your business.

Also, attack helicopters are VERY easy to use. I've rarely used them, and I've beat assholes that are in the Top 100 because they think they're so great by flying them all the time with little effort. I can usually stay in the attack helicopter the entire length of the match, unless there is an AA gun operating, then I might get shot down once, and that's still a big maybe.

Vehicles are noobish. Period.

37Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:20

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

They're both fun in their own way. The biggest knock against CoD in my eyes is how watered down the objective modes are compared to BF. The lack of vehicles is a huge negative too. They make the game deeper, add an exciting "oh shit" factor and take their own form of skill to use.

They are far less "noobish" than fire-and-forget killstreaks because you're at least risking your own life and relying on your own skill to survive and get kills with vehicles. Realistically if you have issues with vehicles you better have an even bigger problem with killstreaks.

Cod's graphics and frame rate are a big plus though and the customization looks freaking fantastic.

What I really want is brink...

However:
For those mad about the online pass, don't act surprised when Activision does the same thing for Black Ops. Wink

38Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:31

Killstreaks in CoD4 were fine, minus the stacking, but in the new CoD that'll be fine. Also, I'm glad that Activision is coming out with the online pass; it comes FOR FREE if you buy the game, and it at least earns them some money back when grubby little fuckers pirate games and don't support the company that makes the game for them to play.

39Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:33

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm fine with the pass idea as well. Buy it new and you lose nothing, you still have the option to buy used but it may not be worth it.

40Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:34

DrBob276 wrote:Killstreaks in CoD4 were fine, minus the stacking, but in the new CoD that'll be fine. Also, I'm glad that Activision is coming out with the online pass; it comes FOR FREE if you buy the game, and it at least earns them some money back when grubby little fuckers pirate games and don't support the company that makes the game for them to play.
Pirating is really an issue on the pc than the 360 since it is so hard (I think) to play online when you pirate. Also it is just hurting medal of honor because of how much negativity there has been about the game and now people can not even try out the online when renting.

41Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:37

Duck

Duck

Tank vs. Infantry will always win with a competant driver.

Keyword: competent. If a noob can't do it then it's obviously not noobish.

If I'm in a tank, I rarely have troubles, unless there is a stationary at, but then again, if I get once, all you have to do is retreat, snipe the Stationary AT gunner, then go back about your business.

Then another guy can just get in the AT and kill you. Or up to 12 different people in hard to kill locations could be shooting rockets at you, or have landmines in hard to see places, or someone could run up and C4 you because vehicles are pretty much worthless in anything but open areas. And unlike infantry playing, you can't exactly run away or hide as a vehicle unless you find a convenient mountain to hide behind.

Also, attack helicopters are VERY easy to use. I've rarely used them, and I've beat assholes that are in the Top 100 because they think they're so great by flying them all the time with little effort. I can usually stay in the attack helicopter the entire length of the match, unless there is an AA gun operating, then I might get shot down once, and that's still a big maybe.

Well then you're just good at using them. you're not going to see any noobs pulling off anything like that.

42Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:41

V Elec ruins the chances of any ambush they may have for you, and you have a gunner infantry are even more screwed. Also, it doesn't take much to be competant with a tank. Much like an incompetant M16 user in CoD4 has a chance of killing you but you'll still probably win. Just because a completely new player can't go 30-1 every game with the M16 doesn't mean it's not OP, because with a little bit of effort and experience, significantly less than learning how to anything else (well, other than throw random grenades), they will become amazing because of the gun.

Also, in BC2, there are many rocks, mountains, cliffs, etc that you can hide behind to avoid more incoming damage.

43Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:48

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm with Ducksaws on this vehicle debate. I just have no problem with them whatsoever. They're just another part of the game and you just need the skills to use them or kill them.

I just can't understand how you can have a problem with vehicles, but not with someone hiding in a bush somewhere, completely out of harms way, calling in an attack chopper with near perfect aim that mows down 10+ people... and yes this goes for MW1 too.

44Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:50

I feel like a complete ass using vehicles in BC2; it's not difficult to pull off scores like 44-2, 30-0, 67-1 (dying before I even touched the vehicle), and that doesn't include the score of the other occupants.

I always got Helen Keller as my chopper pilot in CoD4, and most of the time, I can take it down and only die once; if you have everybody on your team shoot it with ANY weapon , it will go down in about 3 seconds or less.

45Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 22:57

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The way I see it if you dominate another team in a vehicle they deserve it.
When I'm playing, enemy vehicles don't really worry me, I think of them as a big pile of points and blow the shit out of them.

Do they kill me? Sure.
Do I kill them? Absolutely.
Do I use them when I can? Fuck yeah I do! Very Happy

46Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 23:01

Yes, but they are an extremely annoying inconvienance, and I know that the general attitude of vehicle user is. It's "I'm SOO good at this game because of my K/D and/or SPM. These guys are all shitty noobs and I'm so great because I never die hardly!" I wonder why tank/helicopter whore. >_> It's not the humongous weapon that you get, or the fact you're shielded from most/all bullet damage, can take 3 rockets, and move extremely fast. That has NOTHING to do with it. >_>

47Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 23:07

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ha! Yeah, I hear you there. Very Happy
When they play against me they probably think "Why the fuck do I explode 20 seconds after I get in any vehicle? RRRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!!"

That's cool. You don't like em' and that's fine with me. I have no problem with either BF vehicles or MW killstreaks. I'm just playing devils advocate and pointing out how similar the 2 really are.

48Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 23:17

If they simply removed/toned them down, the game would be infinitely better though. The skill barrier would actually be back in place.

49Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 23:37

TheGM

TheGM

Sure you can say my views are skewed but the MOH beta and MW2 left a taste in mouth the eqiuvilent of a used tampon and English food.

50Do not rent Medal of honor. Empty Re: Do not rent Medal of honor. 2010-10-11, 23:45

Yes, the MoH Beta was HORRIBLE, and so was MW2, but if you remember CoD4, and WaW (minus MP40 and M16), they were fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum